Sign in to follow this  
Vern

It is Izale McCloed & Nigel Quashie

According tp the chat amongst the players families in the Jarrold Stand at tonights reserve game Izzy McCloed and Nigel Quashie are coming tomorow or Wednesday. As we already have 3 short term loans the rules would suggest that at least one of these two is coming on a long term.

By the way, Jordan Yong and Matthew Halliday are looking like very good lads. Fozzy had a good game and Doc was reasonable. Doc won a few headers but also played a couple of very dodgy back passes. Final Score....NCFC 5 Northampton 2.

[quote user="Vern "]

According tp the chat amongst the players families in the Jarrold Stand at tonights reserve game Izzy McCloed and Nigel Quashie are coming tomorow or Wednesday. As we already have 3 short term loans the rules would suggest that at least one of these two is coming on a long term.

By the way, Jordan Yong and Matthew Halliday are looking like very good lads. Fozzy had a good game and Doc was reasonable. Doc won a few headers but also played a couple of very dodgy back passes. Final Score....NCFC 5 Northampton 2.

[/quote]

Jordan Yong looks a nice little compact player but definitely lacks a bit of pace.

As for Halliday, not big enough, strong enough or quick enough. Easy night for our defence really though, the only real threat for Northampton was the lad playing on the left side, now he looked like a very good lad. I''d much rather have seen him playing wide left for us than Robert Eagle.

I saw Mcleod playing for MK Dons in last years Div. 2 play offs, and in those games he couldn''t trap a bag of sand! Hopefully, he just had 2 off games, and he''s a much better player than i saw. Quashie should be an excellent signing, if fully fit, and can control the midfield, which is what we have been lacking this season.

Quashie would definately add bite to the midfield.

However the jury would be out on Mcleod. From the bits ive seen of him he seems to be a decent goalscorer, but not a great all round footballer. Technically he''s probably no better than what we''ve got in Brown and Strihavka, and i have serious doubts whether he''ll score goals at a higher level than he did with a good MK Dons side that would probably create him 3 good chances a game!

IZzy Macelod is rubbish at this level... saw him in the championship for Derby and her was probably the worst professional player i have ever seen! it was a game at carrow road a few years ago.. think he lasted about 30 minutes!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

IZzy Macelod is rubbish at this level... saw him in the championship for Derby and her was probably the worst professional player i have ever seen! it was a game at carrow road a few years ago.. think he lasted about 30 minutes!

jas :)

[/quote]

But the question is would he get into our side?

Yes...

P.S. rumours were that when McCloud was at MKD the reason why it took  so long for a club to buy was he supposedly has a bit of an attitude problem. Only a rumour though.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="GJP"]

As for Halliday, not big enough, strong enough or quick enough.

[/quote]

Colin Todd who played for England and Derby County was not tall.

[/quote]

He also stopped playing top level football abut 25 years ago. Completely different game these days.