Sign in to follow this  
Fisherman

Bally Smart

We might as well bring him back from MK dons, lets face it none of our first team players are up to it so bring in some Young talent hes a creative player and can catch pigeons as well. He might not have experience, but in a team with the likes of DD, cureton, huckerby, drury etc i dont really think experience is vital. We need someone who can create goals and i think he could do this, whenever i saw him in reserves he was superb!

disagree, what we need right now is experience...and lots of it, which is why Roeder is going for quality experienced like Taylor, Quashie, Nugent ...either of both those last 2 might be joining ...and they are in the right calibre to get us out this mess. Smart may be creative...but no point being creative if theres no one to stick the ball in the net, eg...hucks is creative but is anyone scoring...zippo.

Better left where he is for now.  Lets toughen the boy up a bit before we throw him in.  From what I know he has all the skill and pace but physically he is a little bit behind.  We have to wait for nature for that one.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]Totally disagree. Last time I looked he hadn''t started a game for MK Dons, needs more experience. Which is what we need to get us out of this mess.[/quote]

Earlier this season he started against Peterborough and got a rave review (it was posted on this bb.). In addition on the 10th November 2007 he started against Crewe in the FA Cup and got sub''d in the 70th minute.

However I do agree that he needs more experience and its better to leave him on loan with MK Dons as they must be a confident squad.

he looks very promising player, he isnt playing regularly for mkdons yet as usually a sub n bought on, if you keep him there for season n he gains vital experience n then breaks into there team regularly he will be ready for next year

<<Re: Bally Smart

Totally disagree. Last time I looked he hadn''t started a game for MK

Dons, needs more experience. Which is what we need to get us out of

this mess.>>If you looked more carefully, you would have seen he''s started twice.

[quote user="we8wba"]he looks very promising player, he isnt playing regularly for mkdons yet as usually a sub n bought on, if you keep him there for season n he gains vital experience n then breaks into there team regularly he will be ready for next year[/quote]

hahaha! how an earth do you know what bally smart is like?! ''he looks a very promising player''.. have you actually seen him play? this isnt really an attack on you but you really should change your name to ''norwich''s number one fan'' cause you certaintly arent a causal bystander on this board

[quote user="Philip Ellis"]

hahaha! how an earth do you know what bally smart is like?! ''he looks a very promising player''.. have you actually seen him play?[/quote]

Weren''t MK Dons on Sky a few weeks back?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

MK Dons 4  Lincoln 0 was on Sky Sports. 

Superb chip by Smart created the chance for the fourth goal.

[/quote]

this is where i saw him, and i follow mk dons closely due to their manager being wolves ledge

i also see he never starts and usually comes on, so experience is vital and he needs to cement 1st team football at that level for mkdons for month or two before either being considered for norwich 1st team

According to Soccerbase:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=46469

For MK Dons Smart has made the following:

League      8 sub appearances

FA Cup     1 start (which was v Crewe - he lasted for 70mins)

Other         1 start (the start was against Peterborough re the Football League Trophy) + 1 sub

Confirmation re the FA Cup start:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7076500.stm

If you look through the previous threads you will find a reference to Smart''s start v Peterborough.

Does the MK Dons website include the other matches?

From a thread currently on page 36:

09/10/2007, 10:16 PM

Mud Man is not online. Last active: 20/11/2007 15:11:34 Mud Man

Not Ranked
Joined on 28/10/2006
Posts 43

Smart doing well at MK Dons

Reply Quote

MK DONS 3 PETERBOROUGH 1 CLOCKWATCH

Tue 09 Oct 2007

FULL TIME - MK DONS 3 PETERBOROUGH UNITED 1
Bally Smart looks like a magnificent find. The 18-year-old Norwich loanee was a joy to watch at times and, on this form, Ince will be looking to extend his loan period beyond December.

82mins - Smart teases Gnakpa again on the left, dancing over the ball delightfully. The youngster has had very few touches tonight that haven''t been easy on the eye.

73mins - Smart injects another dose of magic into proceedings, outrageously Cryuff-flicking Stirling''s pass in behind the Posh defence for Johnson. The striker reaches it but his clever chip isn''t high enough and Jalal catches comfortably. Great football though.

62mins - More good play by Smart down the left and his low cross causes havoc in the box. Broughton forces the keeper to beat it away and as Edds follows up with a shot from the edge of the box Charnock clears off the line.

48mins - Another lightning break from Smart coming in off the left flank, he runs a the central defenders and his shot deflects off Westwood, up over the bar and onto the roof of the net for a corner.

The major threats for both sides have come on their left flanks - the imaginative George Boyd weaving avenues for Posh down while 18-year-old Bally Smart has been at times electifying for the Dons.

44mins - More brilliant play from Smart sees him turn away from Gnakpa inside his own half and run at Whelpdale again. This time he is blocked for a Dons free-kick.

42mins - Wonderful play from Smart down the Dons left as he not once, but twice embarrasses Whelpdale who, having caught up with him after one roasting, was promptly left for dead again by the on-loan Norwich youngster. He feeds Johnson inside him but his the striker''s shot from inside the box goes wide of the near post. Best chance since the goal.

21mins - The Dons haven''t been able to mount a serious response just yet but Smart is looking to get at Gnakpa at every opportunity down the Dons left. Posh have had most joy down the opposite flank, their left, in the shape of George Boyd who has looked his usual bag of tricks against Stirling.

13mins - Attacks at either end as Smart delivers a good low ball into Broughton''s feet, the big man controls well but his pass is lost by Mark Wright. George Boyd breaks for Posh but his pass to the left flank is too heavy for Rene Howe and the ball runs out for a throw. A little wasteful from Posh there.

6mins - It''s been an energetic start from both sides in front of a decent crowd at stadiummk. Bally Smart has looked bright down the left and Johnson really lively in attack. Broughton is having a great physical tussle with Chris Westwood in the Posh final third.

09/10/2007, 10:27 PM

lucky green trainers is not online. Last active: 20/11/2007 18:52:07 lucky green trainers

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 15/11/2005
Posts 1,943

Re: Smart doing well at MK Dons

Reply Quote

he''s a rare youth find for city. 

as posted before, i saw him against luton reserves this term, and he beat both fullbacks for fun, starting on the rightwing and then switching to the left later. 

tad small just yet, but as he beefs up will get better - next season player for us, esp if he''s proving himself at dons league level already.

09/10/2007, 10:31 PM

sig is not online. Last active: 07/10/2007 18:51:18 sig

Not Ranked
Joined on 09/08/2007
Posts 80

Reply Quote

Good news.  Think we''re going to need him back.

If Paul Ince is keen to keep him, he may have to follow him back here.

Hey, that''s not a bad idea- get a manager on loan, then if it doesn''t work out, you can send him back!

10/10/2007, 2:59 PM

BlyBlyBabes is not online. Last active: 17/11/2007 10:44:56 BlyBlyBabes

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 31/10/2003
Posts 1,924

Reply Quote

The lad is coming on well and can evidently look after himself at that level.

Let''s hope he can tread in the footsteps of Errol Crossan, Bobby Brennan, Ruel Fox, Dale Gordon and Darren Eadie. Hard acts to follow. 

Seems just what we need to get the crowd going again at Carrow Road.

Excitement and end product.

But then again, perhaps we should leave him with Incy for a few more months to absorb some more of the man''s self-belief.

Maybe Hucks won''t be missed? Hush. Shhh...

How really nice to hear more about the lad''s progress. Quite made my day.

OTBC

Ken Nethercott/Sandy Kennon; Bryan Thurlow, Ron Ashman; Roy McCrohan, Barry Butler, Matt Crowe; Errol Crossan, Terry Allcock, Terry Bly, Jimmy Hill, Bobby Brennan

10/10/2007, 3:29 PM

Alex is not online. Last active: 17/11/2007 19:18:00 Alex

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 30/10/2006
Dorset
Posts 529

Reply Quote

10/10/2007, 4:13 PM

Bigmarkcanary is not online. Last active: 20/11/2007 20:43:52 Bigmarkcanary

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 16/03/2007
Beccles
Posts 489

Reply Quote

10/10/2007, 4:38 PM

MoroccanAllOverTheWorld is not online. Last active: 26/07/2007 17:08:43 MoroccanAllOverTheWorld

Not Ranked
Joined on 25/01/2007
Milton Keynes
Posts 56

Reply Quote

I was at the game last night and Bally looked top.  Good pace, great skill & a beautiful first touch.  Looks a bit lightweight but I''m sure a bit of work in the gym & a season in a physical league like League 2 and he will be fine.  I couldn''t believe that was his first start for the Dons and their fans are already upset at the thought we will have to come back at some point.

''Let''s all do the Marshall''

<<don''t want to get into a tit for tat argument about this, but according

to the MK Dons website he has made 1 start this season in the cup and 8

appearances as sub.>>Two starts, both cup games.