Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

if england qualify for euro 08 have you seen the top seeds?

there are four groups, 3top seeds have been confirmed in

austria, switzerland and greece

surely they joking lol

the other goes to the best team in qualifing for world cup 06 and euro 08

which will be italy as there only competitior is germany who didnt have to qualify for 06

which mean 2nd seeds are

germany, spain, portugual and holland/us

so if we dont win tonight we will be 3rd seeds which be joke lol

saying that as long we avoid italy(presumely top seeds) we should go through easyish, remember i said should lol

[quote user="we8wba"]

there are four groups, 3top seeds have been confirmed in

austria, switzerland and greece

surely they joking lol

[/quote]

nope.. the hosts are always in pot 1 as are the former winners... nothing wrong with that.

South Africa will be in the same pot as Italy for the world cup...

jas :)

Austria and the other Germany wanabees are seeded as HostsSaw Greece play Turkey...... very good side. Better than England

Greece are reigning Champions - that explains them as being a top seed, so no joke there.

I think this tournament is going to be wide open. Italy will be favourites after the world cup but will be two years on and some of their reliable players will be getting on a bit. People are writing off David Beckham at the age of 32 and when the tournament arrives you are looking at Nesta and Cannavaro both being at that age or past it.

However they are one of the few national teams that seems to refuse to pick players playing for clubs outside of Italy which seems to provide them with a good youth set up.

Other than that who can you say are a really quality side?

I think greece could do well again they play very well as a team. Mind you I''m biased. We deserve to be forth seeds, relying now on andorra to get the first point in their history....

[quote user="C.T "]looks like we have nothing to worry about... losing two nil to croatia. Its just like watching city![/quote]

We have confirmation - McClaren is to national football what Grant was to club.

Despite the absences of Owen & Rooney the 4-4-2 should''ve been fielded from the off - the best player for England, Crouch, has supplied decent balls to where Bent, Walcott or Defoe etc ought to have played in the first place.

Shocking tactics indeed - seriously, it isn''t the players.

[quote user="shyster"]

Shocking tactics indeed - seriously, it isn''t the players.

[/quote]

Seriously, it is.

We''re constantly told by the media, Premiership managers and ex-players how good the likes of Lampard and Gerrard are. Last night, with Gareth Barry playing the holding role, they had the chance to prove just how good they are. Alan Shearer said before the game that this was the ideal formation to allow both Gerrard and Lampard to play to their strengths. Yet they were completely out classed by the Croatian midfield.

If I was England manager Gerrard would never play again, unless he learned the self discipline needed to perform as part of a team. How the hell can you play the sort of possession football needed at international level when he''s screaming around like a hyperactive five year at a wedding who''s been given too many sweets and fizzy drinks. I half expect him to slide on his knees past the opposition line up during the national anthems!

McClaren''s is way out of his depth, there''s no doubt about that, but sooner or later we''re going to have to face facts. We''re an average side with a couple of really good players, both of whom seem to pick up an extraordinary amount of injuries. QF of major tournaments is about the best we can hope for and we had a manager who could deliver that on a regular basis. But he had to go, because English players technique goes to pieces the minute they''re under any pressure which means they''re useless at penalty shoot outs. Now Mourinho''s being linked with the job, but he''s always struck me as a fairly intelligent sort of guy so I''d imagine he''ll turn us down.

This should be the ideal opportunity for wholesale change with the way we play football in this country. But it won''t happen, because people like you keep believing the spin that our players are world class performers.