Sign in to follow this  

No more Lappin at left back Phew.

Another good piece of business, he''s got plenty of championship exberience with Wolves, burnley and derby. Should do a solid job.

All we need is a top striker, another centre midfielder and a right back!!!

Sounds like a left sided Otsemobor.  Seems a good signing with loads of experience at this level!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Camara

Mohammed Camara (born June 25, 1975 in Conakry, Guinea) is a Guinean professional footballer who currently plays for Derby County in the English Premier League. He plays at left back and is a Guinean International.

Having previously played for Wolves where he became a cult figure amongst Wolves fans, Mohammed "Mo" Camara moved to Burnley on a free transfer. Camara quickly became popular with the Burnley fans, and even manager Stan Ternent regularly found Camara''s antics amusing. Throughout his Burnley career, Camara was known for his pace and athleticism, which helped to compensate for a lack of positional sense and ball control. [citation needed] After Steve Cotterill replaced Ternent, he made the left-back focus on his crossing ability, causing a dramatic up-turn in his form at the beginning of the 2004/05 season.

This led to Camara leaving Burnley at the end of his two-year contract under the Bosman ruling, and joining Scottish Premier League side Celtic.

However after one to one sessions with manager Gordon Strachan, Camara started to do well and quickly established himself as a defender in Celtic''s first 11. This was however until Ross Wallace was converted to a left back which left Camara on the bench and making very rare appearances. He was then moved to 3rd choice left back after the signing of Right Back Mark Wilson who was also converted to left back. Camara was said to be unhappy about this as he believes he was dropped just after he started playing well. [citation needed]

Camara joined Derby County on a free transfer from Celtic in August 2006.[1]. Camara scored his first goal for Derby County on 28 August 2007 against Blackpool in the League Cup 2007/08.

Thats 3 loanees now, seeing as you are only 4 on the pitch at any one time we can only realistically expect 1 more.  What, and who do we want.  Remember that we have the Doc, Fotheringham, Dion & Huckerby due back very soon.  Where do we want to strengthen, out of all the names bandied about who do we really need.

My finger points at the strikers because of the lack of goals but is that due to ineffective strikers or poor service into them.  Do we want a CM (Nigel Quashie?).  We already have Rusty, Brellier, Pattison & Fozzy.  Left wing, no because Lappin or Hucks can play there.  A CB, no we have Shackell, the Doc, Taylor, Murray and Dion.  Is Otsemebor a weak link, is Cave-Brown ready?

My money is on another CM and a change of shape for city.  4-3-3 with Camara and Otsemebor given licence to bomb down the flanks.  Quashie?, Rusty and Pattison in the middle.  Hucks, Cureton and Brown leading the line.  That should leave is with a strongish bench too, with Martin, Dave Striker, Dion, Fozzy, Brellier etc. etc. all pushing for a place.

(Might try this on my FM game later!!)

Yep good signing, we couldn''t continue with Lappin or Murray there.

I hope his defensive abilities are better than CJF''s Wikipedia example, especially when Hux is back.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Thats 3 loanees now, seeing as you are only 4 on the pitch at any one time we can only realistically expect 1 more.  What, and who do we want.  Remember that we have the Doc, Fotheringham, Dion & Huckerby due back very soon.  Where do we want to strengthen, out of all the names bandied about who do we really need.

My finger points at the strikers because of the lack of goals but is that due to ineffective strikers or poor service into them.  Do we want a CM (Nigel Quashie?).  We already have Rusty, Brellier, Pattison & Fozzy.  Left wing, no because Lappin or Hucks can play there.  A CB, no we have Shackell, the Doc, Taylor, Murray and Dion.  Is Otsemebor a weak link, is Cave-Brown ready?

My money is on another CM and a change of shape for city.  4-3-3 with Camara and Otsemebor given licence to bomb down the flanks.  Quashie?, Rusty and Pattison in the middle.  Hucks, Cureton and Brown leading the line.  That should leave is with a strongish bench too, with Martin, Dave Striker, Dion, Fozzy, Brellier etc. etc. all pushing for a place.

(Might try this on my FM game later!!)

[/quote]Otsemebor is a weak link - defensively he''s been awful this season, constantly letting his man go when crosses come in from the opposite side. Hopefully that''s just a coaching matter though...

as i remember from his days at wolves

defending - terrible

attacking style - brilliant

pace - quicker than lightening

touch - rubbish

commitment - 1st class

he like one of those awkared players but eveything seems to drop his way i.e he''ll over won ball n have to go 50/50 but end up winning it

he like bulldozer n doesnt stop running down the left

he may picked up more experience now being with burnley, derby celtic etc...

he like left winger

think of roberto carlos with bad controll lol

i personlly think he''ll either be a big hit with you lot or very bad miss

[quote user="I Roeder"]

Another good addition to the Canaries Squad.

With a Fully fit squad, i can see us rising out of the relegation zone quite quickly.

Anything above 10th this season will be a great start to the Roeder Reign.

[/quote]

Anything above 22nd will be a great start to the Roeder reign![:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]Roeder doesn''t hang around does he?[/quote]

i don''t think he''s got the time to.....good to see him doing everything he can to get us out of this mess. I know what you mean though, we''re not used to this!!

Nice one Glen! [:)]

Day one, sorts out the centre-back problem, and the very day after our left-back is cropped we''ve already got a replacement.

Whether or not these were in the works for some time it''s doing a lot to instill some hope, if not confidence, that he might be able to pull this off!

[quote user="I Roeder"]

With a Fully fit squad, i can see us rising out of the relegation zone quite quickly.

[/quote]

We don''t have a fully fit squad, and won''t all season, we have won 2 points in 33.  A 32 year old Championship defender not renowned for his defending ability signs on loan for a month and a half and you are talking about a 10th place finish. Get a grip mate, 22nd should be our target and not going down.

And again only to put things into perspective and not ion any way dissing the new manager, glenn''s start to his norwich career is 1 draw 2 defeats, 3 scored 8 conceded!  Talk of 10th place is ludicrous at the moment.

Another decent looking loan - seem to remember several on here suggesting we went for him at the time he left Celtic.  Should be able to do the business at this level and likely to get a run for the rest of the season now we have lost Drury (who I think we are going to miss more than we realise).

Nice to think we can pick up someone else before the weekend as well though.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="I Roeder"]

[/quote]

We don''t have a fully fit squad, and won''t all season, we have won 2 points in 33.  A 32 year old Championship defender not renowned for his defending ability signs on loan for a month and a half and you are talking about a 10th place finish. Get a grip mate, 22nd should be our target and not going down.

And again only to put things into perspective and not ion any way dissing the new manager, glenn''s start to his norwich career is 1 draw 2 defeats, 3 scored 8 conceded!  Talk of 10th place is ludicrous at the moment.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.........10th...........what crazy dream world is this bloke living in? 

If Glen keeps us up this session he has done a great job.

The signings he has made so far have been good and while I don''t know alot a about Mo Camera from what I have read and given the Dury situation it is a good piece of business which by the sounds of things could be made perm in January.

Well done Glen, now get Quashie in to sure things up in midfield and I think we will start to climb the table

Good move, Roeder has certainly proved that there IS Premiership players willing to come to us.

Yes the Derby fans seem to love him!! PMSL!!!!!!

I think it says an enormous amount about the state of our squad that all the players leaving on loan are going to teams fighting relegation from the Championship. Our squad players are barely good enough for the division below, let alone the one we are in.

Chris, Walsall

[quote user="ob1"]

Nice one Glen! [:)]

Day one, sorts out the centre-back problem.

[/quote]

Really???

Taylor has been on the pitch for 213 minutes during which time we have conceded six goals. That''s one every 35.5 minutes, which works out to about 2.5 goals per game [8-|].

Now, who wants to run along and find out how many goals per game we were conceding when "the problem" was playing [:^)].

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="I Roeder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.........10th...........what crazy dream world is this bloke living in? 

If Glen keeps us up this session he has done a great job.

The signings he has made so far have been good and while I don''t know alot a about Mo Camera from what I have read and given the Dury situation it is a good piece of business which by the sounds of things could be made perm in January.

Well done Glen, now get Quashie in to sure things up in midfield and I think we will start to climb the table

[/quote]

I agree too, Roeder would have to perform a flippin'' miracle to achieve that now. I believe he''ll drag us out of it, but 10th place or above? Well, that''s optimism for ya!

Good move though, didn''t see that one coming, I think he''ll do a solid enough job for us. Anything''s got to be better than Murray and Lappin at left-back anyhow.

Ok i just posted another thread but that was before i saw this. I know a loan may be right but do we need another permanent older player who can''t get a game at Derby????

Norwich are close to sealing the loan signing of Derby defender Mo Camara.

Camara is well down the pecking order at Pride Park and has made just two appearances this season.

Norwich boss Glenn Roeder has moved for Camara to help solve his problems at left-back with Adam Drury facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Derby manager Billy Davies admitted the loan deal could lead to a permanent move for Camara.

"We want to get some games for Mo as we prepare for changes in the next transfer window," Davies told the club''s official website.

"Like the Bob Malcolm and Michael Johnson loans, this is one that could lead to something longer term."

Well, this may be very shrewd management from Roeder, gathering information from other club sites...i''m coming to the fast conclusion that Roeder is going to try make taylor - Pattison - Camara, permanent in January thus freeing up 3 loan places for the final push. If this is the case and as far as i can see i can see no reason no to believe this to be the case...then its very shrewd management. Of course it''ll depend on these players having an impact but if this pulls off...then i think a lot of us who complained about Roeder..inc me...are gonna be eating humble pie.

Its an okay signing, but in all honesty i think just getting an experienced left back in was the priority, come January if he has played well i''d be all for signing him, but for as little as possible. Your allowed 5 loans in the 16 so either we will sign one more and be done, or possibly 2 more and not be naming Smith in the 16 for match days, only problem with that is, that it would mean we could only have 1 more loan all season. Either way if we want another one before Saturday, Glen had best get his skates on, Thursdays the deadline!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Good move, Roeder has certainly proved that there IS Premiership players willing to come to us.[/quote]

i know he at a prem side, but would really call him prem player, dont think he played this season, and never has in the prem, in fact he wasnt even in derbys 1st team last year nor celtics year before that

he has played mainly reserve team football for past 2-3seasons

he will be exciting to watch, but if you come up vs quality right wingers in this league like michael kightly, james morrison then you will get whipped on that left side, especially having hucks left wing

attacking you will be

solid you wont

attacking you will be

solid you wont

Well, that will be a 50% improvment on what we have at the moment! [;)]

[quote user="clblue"]

Yes the Derby fans seem to love him!! PMSL!!!!!!

I think it says an enormous amount about the state of our squad that all the players leaving on loan are going to teams fighting relegation from the Championship. Our squad players are barely good enough for the division below, let alone the one we are in.

Chris, Walsall

[/quote]

Ipswich fans are so hypocritical, they have a go at NCFC fans for posting on tahn websites but then do exactly the same. All tahn fans are twits with an a!

Why does everyone keep saying ''aim for 22nd''? I would have thought we wanted to get out of the relegation zone!