Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

can anyone top that

This goes along the same lines as the claim to fame thread.....but i`m not claiming any fame for what i`m about to share with you.
Your either going to be green with envy or i`m going to lose my credability but here goes.
I was in Blackpool about 1984 i think, me and a few mates were out on a pub crawl, it was getting a bit late when we found this pub. sorry can`t remember the name, but any way we went in. there was a bloke playing the piano and a woman singing...what a voice, after putting up with it for a while it dawned on me who was singing. I waited untill she had finished then went over, we chatted for a while and then i got a kiss.....
The lady in question is best known to every one as VERA DUCKWORTH.
CAN ANYONE TOP THAT

Went to QPR in the late 70s on Mascot coaches (pre Club Cabbage). Got as far as north London and heard on the radio the game had been called off because of a frozen pitch. We stopped at a pub somewhere near the Edgware Rd and Tommy Cooper was in there. He was extremely p****d but after ascertaining we were Norwich fans rather than Celtic he was very nice and said he liked City! Anyone else remember this?

Walking down Magdalen Street one night several years ago and Reg Holdsworth walked out of the Ribs of Beef. A mate and I really annoyed him by saying to each other - "Look! It''s Jack Duckworth! Wow, I can''t believe we''ve seen Jack Duckworth!"

saw Mops from Holby City in a bar in Manchester at the weekend, nah not that exciting was it, oh well can''t be bothered to press delete now!

Carrying on the Corrie theme - I''ve met John Savident - he who plays the legendary Fred Elliott, and I have the photo to prove it. This can only be beaten by anyone who''s met the little saucepot that plays Maria...

Anyway, back to the holiday...

I was only 14 at the time and she was 11 & I was accompanied by my dad but I went out to dinner Anna Kournikova.

Well I needed to make sure someone was looking after the PinkUn site, plus it''s not hot enough for my skin to go purple and the fridge needs re-stocking with beer...

I met Patrick Moore when I was about 12 on a day out "oop north" at Jodrell Bank (hey isn''t that a euphanism for something...?)
We got on "The Sky at Night" too, me, my little brother and my best mate. It was about a year later, mind.
The bloke is massive! He must be nearly 6ft 5" or so.

Herb

Peter, better not ask where you met John Savident or in what circumstances...didn''t he have an unfortunate "experience" not so long back????