Sign in to follow this  
The Mysterious Owl

Big dave Strihavka

I admit i am an ipswich fan but i do come in peace,i think that is the phrase most commonly used.

What has happened to your ''big dave'' strihavka? when Norwich bought him i believed that you had made quite a good buy as he has all of the credentials to be a brilliant player at this level. I saw him at the Sheffield W game on sky when he came off the bench and looked OK and a friend told me he played brilliantly against Crystal P when he scored but what has happened to him now?

not been given a chance under Roeder thus far, but he shows pace for a big guy and id liek to see him given a run of starts... he''s still better than Chris "Aim for Row Z" Brown will ever be

jas :)

he''s getting climatized, rememebr it takes most foreign players a season or 2 b4 you see the best of them. He''ll be back to kick yur butts next season

He turned out to have a few ....er......''issues''Also he aint very good, so it could be that too LOL

I have to say that i think most people have been disapointed so far with big dave. I feel we could of got a lot better for our money, and we should of put a bigger offer in for eastwood, who is proven at this level unlike dave strihavka. Against crystal palace he was never brilliant just because he scored.One headed goal does not make a brilliant display. Grant took a big gamble on Dave and it was a gamble that has not paid off!

Hi Chris, I can only hazard a guess really. I think he found it hard to acclimatise to the English game. When he got a chance, like all the players, he suffered with lack of confidence that was around NCFC at the time (It is beginning to lift - fingers crossed). I reckon that if given a decent run out for a few games, he would be really good, and I hope Glen agrees. However time will tell. Nice to converse with an Ipswich supporter. All the best

Sarah, Susan or Chris Nunn, ( you keep changing your name) [:D]

I''m a bit intrigued as to why an Ipswich fan who registered on here over a year ago should suddenly post 5 times today to ask us how certain players are performing.

Now don''t get me wrong some of my best friends are Ipswich fans, but they are about as much interested in our players as I am in yours?

Big Dave, like the rest of the squad had any confidence he may have had, knocked out him by Granty.

I hope Glen and his new traning staff can rebuild the spirit and confidence back and get us playing proper football again instead of that frightened, backs against the wall, rabbits caught in the headlights stuff that has been churned out for the last 3 years !

Its a big task, i know. 

Not looking forward to the lambasting en masse im probably going to get for doing this (it has happened before when i said he should play against Watford), but I think Big Dave will be brilliant. If you look he scores quite regularly in the reserves- yes I know its not the same thing as full championship level, but at least this shows he can do it.

Chris Brown still has one- just one, reserves and full team- goal after a very very very long waiting period and I think Dave needs a good run of starts to get him going.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

not been given a chance under Roeder thus far, but he shows pace for a big guy and id liek to see him given a run of starts... he''s still better than Chris "Aim for Row Z" Brown will ever be

[/quote]

All I can say is every NCFC manager since he was signed clearly disagrees with you.  As do I.  He''s shown nothing yet.  The fact he''s a foreign player doesn''t make him good.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Not looking forward to the lambasting en masse im probably going to get for doing this (it has happened before when i said he should play against Watford), but I think Big Dave will be brilliant. If you look he scores quite regularly in the reserves- yes I know its not the same thing as full championship level, but at least this shows he can do it.

Chris Brown still has one- just one, reserves and full team- goal after a very very very long waiting period and I think Dave needs a good run of starts to get him going.

[/quote]You are absolutely right - my best mate lives up the Czech Republic and says Dave''s got everything he needs to become a top striker.The amazing thing is how people seem to think they can judge him on what must amount to about 3 games of football in this country. Let us not forget that he hasn''t yet had a full time coach working with him at NCFC, and that - heaven forfend - some players take time to settle in.And besides, everyone seems to forget that Malky was rubbish for years until he suddenly remembered how to defend and became a legend..

If Strihavka had dyed his hair green years ago people would be much more inclined to give him a chance .

thats only 1 manager then... glen roeder...

Considering Grant signed him and played him, and i think he played under the Duffer as well...

doesnt lend a lot of weight to what u said Fuzzy

i have only been signed up to the site for a couple of weeks now, i dont no why the computer keeps changing my name. Just to clarify my name is Chris Nunn, as an Ipswich fan io am just curious to see the reasons behind your recent downfall when you looked like a top 6 team in the derby game (i say this compared to the wolves and bristol city performances at portman road)

thats only 1 manager then... glen roeder...

Considering Grant signed him and played him, and i think he played under the Duffer as well...

doesnt lend a lot of weight to what u said Fuzzy

[/quote]

Talking about first choice, starting line-up.

Try again.

Something I''ve noticed about Dave is that, in my opinion, he gives up too early. I''ve thought it when I''ve seen him play for the first team and I thought it again when I watched the reserves the other night.

Say, for example, he''s tried to take on a defender and the defender has just stood up to him and nicked the ball away, instead of Dave getting straight back on the case to give the defender a bit of hassle he''s already given up and let him go. And lots of situations like that where I''d like to see him hassle people a bit more when something hasn''t gone his way he just doesn''t seem to want to fight back.

[quote user="chris nunn"]i have only been signed up to the site for a couple of weeks now, i dont no why the computer keeps changing my name. Just to clarify my name is Chris Nunn, as an Ipswich fan io am just curious to see the reasons behind your recent downfall when you looked like a top 6 team in the derby game (i say this compared to the wolves and bristol city performances at portman road)[/quote]

It says you registered on the site in July 2006 under your avatar.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="chris nunn"]i have only been signed up to the site for a couple of weeks now, i dont no why the computer keeps changing my name. Just to clarify my name is Chris Nunn, as an Ipswich fan io am just curious to see the reasons behind your recent downfall when you looked like a top 6 team in the derby game (i say this compared to the wolves and bristol city performances at portman road)[/quote]

It says you registered on the site in July 2006 under your avatar.

[/quote]At a guess - if he''s registered with another Archant site (well, most of Archant''s other sites), that will be the date he first signed into a forum somewhere else.

Dave has all the attributes to become an excellent signing. He is big, strong, has a good touch and I''m sure that given the opportunity will find his shooting boots. He is learning the language and is new to the country. As yet, he has not had a run of games. When this happens, I''m sure he will come good. I just hope that those who lack patience and an understanding of the game don''t turn him into the next ''boo boy''.

thats asides the point Fuzzy.. big dave has been brought off the bench... 10 minutes here.. 5 minutes there... hardly long enough to get used to the pace of the game and make an impact is it?

Chris Brown needed 21 STARTS before he finally bundled one in.. dave strihavka needed a 15 minute sub run out... Play him from the start roeder!

[quote user="T07"]He turned out to have a few ....er......''issues''

Also he aint very good, so it could be that too LOL
[/quote]

What issues? Grant realised he wasn''t Scottish, Duffy realised he wasn''t fat and immobile? You should tell us. 

thats asides the point Fuzzy..  [/quote]

No, It''s entirely the point.

I said no manager at the club has rated Strihavka.

You said Grant and Duffy had obviously rated him.

I pointed out he didn''t start in the team which implies the managers did not rate him, and giving him 10 minutes here and there is hardly a vote of confidence.

You then agreed  5-10 minutes here and there wasn''t enough to get him into the game, which is true, but doesn''t the fact he was getting 5-10 minutes under Grant and Duffy, and hasn''t even made the bench under Roeder, tell you how highly the management team have rated him?

When you''re in a hole, Jas, stop digging.

And it would appear Ched Evans is also in the queue ahead of Strihavka.  Oh dear.  Anyone holding out hope for our Czech mate, it''s probably time to pin your hopes on a new player.  You could, for instance, try getting behind Chris Brown instead of booing him.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]And it would appear Ched Evans is also in the queue ahead of Strihavka.  Oh dear.  Anyone holding out hope for our Czech mate, it''s probably time to pin your hopes on a new player.  You could, for instance, try getting behind Chris Brown instead of booing him.[/quote]Let''s all cheer as chris brown runs up to shoot from the penalty spot!....He''s hammered that, it''s flying.... flying...Straight into the windows of delia''s restruant above the lower barclay, the windows are all smashed and cheers are going out my the protesters as they have finally got a player on side who''s gonna stick it to delia....or is it because he''s just rubbish?you decide!!

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Mister Chops"]And it would appear Ched Evans is also in the queue ahead of Strihavka.  Oh dear.  Anyone holding out hope for our Czech mate, it''s probably time to pin your hopes on a new player.  You could, for instance, try getting behind Chris Brown instead of booing him.[/quote]Let''s all cheer as chris brown runs up to shoot from the penalty spot!....He''s hammered that, it''s flying.... flying...Straight into the windows of delia''s restruant above the lower barclay, the windows are all smashed and cheers are going out my the protesters as they have finally got a player on side who''s gonna stick it to delia....or is it because he''s just rubbish?you decide!![/quote]Excuse me, doctor, could you pass me that needle and thread?  I need to sew my sides back up, so hard am I laughing.