Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Worst performance in 40 years

I don''t see many away games these days, so I can''t comment on previous disasters at QPR, Luton, Wolves etc.

I did, however, go to Plymouth for Saturday''s game.  My God!  That was the worst performance I have ever seen from a Norwich team and I have been watching for 40 years, including trips to 50 or more away grounds.  Only Darel Russell came out of the game with any credit and that is simply because he was the only one who seemed to care.  The players brought in from Scotland were by far the worst and Lappin and Murray looked hopelessly out of their depth. 

My biggest concern regarding the Scottish contingent is the goalkeeper.  Grant was allowed to spend £1m on Marshall when we could have signed Camp or Alexander for nothing.  In my mind, the Board, and particularly the Chief Executive, are culpable here.  Why was Grant allowed to waste £1m when we desparately needed strengthening in other areas?

If you should read this Delia, please accept our thanks for what you have done and sell to the Turners.  And take Doncaster with you.

I agree with you until you points about Marshall. In hindsight its fine to say that but at the time the majority wanted him here for that price rather than the freebies.

Marshall is flaky though. He''s way too timid, hardly ever comes off his line. I think it''s more to do with not having a clue what the back four are up to, but that''s a two-way thing. No communication there at all, and for some reason it''s worst when Shackell and Spillane are the central pair, like on Saturday. I didn''t go to Plymouth so I''ll take your word for it that Lappin was crap there, but he was very good against Ippo and I think he has the tools to do the job in this division. Not sure about his character though, or any of the others either. That''s what really lets us down. I don''t think Murray will last - he is pretty poor, though less so as CB than LB or MF.