Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Delia - Learn A Lesson From John Madjeski

As a canary exile who lives in Reading , i listened to John Madjeski interview on Radio Berkshire last night . Reading have submitted plans to increase their ground capacity to 38000 . Madjeski said " That is for another person to take on - I want to sell the club to move it forward - I don''t mind what nationality , colour , creed the person is , just that he has got a lot of money to take Reading forward , preferably a billionaire" -  PLEASE NOTE DELIA -Not that the investor has to be a die hard Reading supporter , or be of a certain background - Madjeski understands that money talks in football today and to survive and compete , one can''t lay down all sorts of conditions about who the investor supports etc , etc . Learn before its too late - It appears Ipswich have !

If anyone knows what he''s talking about, it''s Madjeski.  He has always attempted to run Reading in such a manner that it would avoid making losses, but if he''s now willing to sell up, it seems to me that he has accepted that you can''t be successful without making a financial loss.

i heard when reading 1st went up after automatic in the may he wanted to sell for someone with more money

lets face it 18months down the line who is chairman still? you got to wonder if these people are just saying it to keep the fans happy

[quote user="we8wba"]

i heard when reading 1st went up after automatic in the may he wanted to sell for someone with more money

lets face it 18months down the line who is chairman still? you got to wonder if these people are just saying it to keep the fans happy

[/quote]More money,i thought he was worth about 500 million

Thing is, I can understand the point of selling to the right person. Why just sell to anyone with lots of money when 18 months later they asset strip it and leave due to having no emotional attachment to the club.

OK we don''t have to have someone born and bred in Norfolk or East Anglia or whatever, just someone who really does care about the club (e.g a fan of NCFC) and is willing to help the club grow with their hard-earned cash.

I forget his name now but do we seriously want that lawyer bloke who represented Saddam and has a very dodgy past for instance?