Sign in to follow this  
morty

How long we'll stay in the Premier!

My most amusing friends are assuring me that we''ll stop up for 3 seasons, Autumn, Winter and Spring. I think some of them need a slap! Keep it low.

ah yes, the scummer (sorry ipswich fan)

a dying breed methinks, the ones i know always come out with that old chestnut, norwich go down with the christmas decorations!!

well not this year eh?

TOP OF THE LEAGUE AT PORTMAN ROAD

see you binners, in about ten years time, when you have rebuilt your team

and they still go on about being better supported than us!

sorry all, was speaking to one last night, sad disillusioned fool! and this thread has got me going. i love them really lol

ps see you at bowthorpe for the gardening morty!! i will be the one in the blue shirt lol

I think we have the potential to stay up for a long time. If we can stay up next year, boost our finances and then have the oppertunity to build the squad up a bit the year after, I see no reason why we couldn''t stay up for a fair few years.

I think the key though, will be hanging onto Worthy. Obviously a talented and ambitious manager whom other clubs might start taking an interest. I would also worry about a Martin O''Neil type situation where the board aren''t ambitous enough to meet the managers targets. Hopefully last January has put paid to that scenario!!

I think the board''s ambition is fine. I have no doubt they''ll give Worthy all they reasonably can... without jeopardising the future of the club. Last season I think they took a gamble, and I hate to think where we''d be if it hadn''t paid off! Any anyway, its who you buy not how much you spend that counts. And don''t say you can''t get quality for nowt, because you can. Or at least for very little. Look at our recent good purchases... hardly expensive - even Hucks was cheap compared to West Brom spending 2.5m on a defender! Getting the right players attitude-wise, or spotting unrealised talent is a better bet.

So Nige can either work with it or he''ll go. Which would be a great shame, but I wouldn''t have it any other way. SO many clubs have gambled and lost in the last few years, it just isn''t worth it. Do we want to go up and be Bradford? Ipswich? Barnsley? I''d rather be West Brom, or Wolves - and that''s saying something!

Of course, we''d all really rather do a Birmingham, but then they seem to have quite deep pockets now. Maybe Charlton is the better example.

Ama

i think if we can survive the first season we will do well, and still be there for a long time, like people say we need to stay ambitious but keep in our limits, keep hold of our best players and keep building to the future with a highly productive youth system.
some people say we should look at teams like charlton and bolton. charlton yes but bolton we do''t want to be like them yes thay get classy foreign players but hey cost alot and bolton are deep in the sh1t money wise

It''s hard to say how long we will stay in the Premiership, but if we can maintain a good record at Carrow Road liked in last 3 seasons, we can stay in the top flight for more than 10 seasons although in every season the bookmarker will say we are not good enough to survive...