Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

GREAT TIME TO PROTEST.....NOT!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]of course any fan has the right to protest rude old as you''ve said - timing in life is everything though! 

and of course, the fans want to get behind the team in their moment of need but if a groundswell of opinion is forming against the board - then we shouldn''t be surprised.  the performance of the board has been as farcial as the players performance - which in my opinion has caused a great deal of doubt in the fans minds. 

obviously, the introduction of roedy gave new hope, as did the ipswich display, but our pathetic attempts to lure new players in and the manner of our capitulation against plymouth are probably the straws that boke the camels back.

if we get 2-3 new quality signing in this/early next week - i think you''ll see the protests almost cancelled.

but imo, if they''re threatened with protest action , it all helps to rack up the pressure of the board to spend what is necessary to  make a good fist of escaping relegation.

at the moment, the boards response smacks of ''too little, too late'' - which looks like complacency or worst, recklessly gambling with our champs status to many fans - and so it seems there are some concerned enough to question the board publically. 

[/quote]

Extremely good post LGT... [Y]

Also Ricky is spot on... this season like last will be gone before a protest happens and we will already be relegated....

There is no good shutting the relegation trapdoor months & months after NCFC has fallen through it!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]of course any fan has the right to protest rude old as you''ve said - timing in life is everything though! 

but imo, if they''re threatened with protest action , it all helps to rack up the pressure of the board to spend what is necessary to  make a good fist of escaping relegation.

[/quote]

Agree 100% with everything you say LGT. A protest directed at the board and not at Roeder, can in fact strengthen the managers hand, as he can go to the board and show them what the board is up against if they fail to release sufficient funds for him to get in the players he wants.

What good is to protest when you''re already in the third tier of football? Dublin will be gone, Hux gone, other players will exercise their escape clauses in their contracts, even fewer players will want to come here, season ticket sales will be down, income down, the managerial team will be wondering about the sense of hanging around in League 1 when there will be bigger fish to fry elsewhere.

Based on their track record over the past ten years the board will budget for life in league 1 in line with their policy of ''prudence blah,blah,blah''.

IMO the time to speak up is now, it is already almost too late.

YH

If ever there was a time to drive this regime out it is now! To let the team get to this level is a disgrace!!

The protest can be made quite clear who it is against! I bet you are one of those people that are quite rude in making your opinion known against people trying to let the board know what they think of them. Just sit on your hands say nothing and let the Club go silently to Division 3! How about people like you shut up for a while, let the people that have had enough of this shambles of a board give it to them both barrels.

What they have done to this "Football" Club is a absolute disgrace!!! 

I would be staggered if the Board didn''t already have a really good understanding of how fans feel. Any club will monitor boards like this, they''ll read the Emails coming into the club in ever larger numbers, the local papers (and even some of the nationals) are full of stories about Delia selling or the plight we are in, the radio phone ins and the morbid atmosphere at many recent home games. Does anybody really think that there are not people right at the heart of the club who do not devour this stuff as much as we do on here? If so, that''s truly living in cloud cuckoo land.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I would be staggered if the Board didn''t already have a really good understanding of how fans feel. Any club will monitor boards like this, they''ll read the Emails coming into the club in ever larger numbers, the local papers (and even some of the nationals) are full of stories about Delia selling or the plight we are in, the radio phone ins and the morbid atmosphere at many recent home games. Does anybody really think that there are not people right at the heart of the club who do not devour this stuff as much as we do on here? If so, that''s truly living in cloud cuckoo land.[/quote]

They certainly got the fans feelings very very wrong with regards to Worthington, in fact they got everything very very wrong including replacing him with possibly the worst manager in the clubs recent history.  The atmosphere at some home games was the worst ever at the club, they ignored it.  But they thought they were right and didnt want to sack their friend.  As it was he kew his time was up anyway and was just waiting for a pay-off.

I personally feel the Board havent a clue how the ordinary fan feels.

I feel that a demonstration would not be a good idea in the current climate. Some prat on here has already stated he wants to fight with demonstrators, and more of his ilk on either side could  make for a dangerous situation. Speaking as someone who takes his children to the game, i dont think violence is a good hor''s douerve to a football match, however poor the football is. I believe that if the status quo is maintained, the board will have garnered enough rope with which to hang itself, because the general mood has shifted to a position where the board have little support left. I cannot stomach the thought of third division football, likewise i cannot stomach this board - lets keep our poweer dry, and if Coventry goes the way of all the other performances this season, let rip at the end of the game. When dissenting voices will be at their loudest and in the vast majority.

Just because they stuck with Worthy in some misguided attempt at loyalty or whatever and got the PG appointment hopelessly wrong doesn''t mean they didn''t know how fans felt. They have to make the decisions and frankly if they responded every time a fan or got upset about something the club might as well turn itself into an organic fruit market instead. Isn''t a it a bit odd that Delia goes to ground every time we get into a sticky situation? I still maintain they know d*mn well what''s going on, its just that they are so feeble they have no idea what to do about it.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I would be staggered if the Board didn''t already have a really good understanding of how fans feel. Any club will monitor boards like this, they''ll read the Emails coming into the club in ever larger numbers, the local papers (and even some of the nationals) are full of stories about Delia selling or the plight we are in, the radio phone ins and the morbid atmosphere at many recent home games. Does anybody really think that there are not people right at the heart of the club who do not devour this stuff as much as we do on here? If so, that''s truly living in cloud cuckoo land.[/quote]

Just as you are living in cloud cuckoo land thinking that a few insults on a message board and a bit of questioning in the local press is going to drive this lot out.

The only thing that will drive them out is having an angry mob hounding them at every home game week in week out.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

They certainly got the fans feelings very very wrong with regards to Worthington, in fact they got everything very very wrong including replacing him with possibly the worst manager in the clubs recent history.  The atmosphere at some home games was the worst ever at the club, they ignored it.  But they thought they were right and didnt want to sack their friend.  As it was he kew his time was up anyway and was just waiting for a pay-off.

[/quote]

They don''t give a monkeys CJF....and the paying public are just a necessary evil to keep the tills ringing....

If you''d witnessed the contempt at close quarters when supporters needs are mentioned you''d take my point. Out in the open and the gaze of the spotlight the celebrity smile beams forth....Gordon Brown style....

We don''t matter....only her public perception does......

Hmmmmm, either my words in their natural meaning and in the order in which they are placed don''t make sense to you or you read what to want to read.

Not sure I said anywhere that I felt that a few words on a messageboard will drive "them" out. In fact I am stating my opinion that I believe that the Board will be aware of fans'' feelings. If you read any of my posts properly you will know what I am thinking rather than having to invent it or making unassociated logic leaps.

What counts here is what happens next. If you can show that you have a plan which will solve the present crisis and that the protest is the first step in such a plan which is propelry considered and credible then I am all for it frankly. But I am not sure I know quite what any protesters do have in mind should DS and MWJ place their shares up for sale and the present Board resign as directors. Just who is the person who is expected to buy those shares and why would it make any difference? If you have someone in mind and they will support you then go for it.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

They don''t give a monkeys CJF....and the paying public are just a necessary evil to keep the tills ringing....

If you''d witnessed the contempt at close quarters when supporters needs are mentioned you''d take my point. Out in the open and the gaze of the spotlight the celebrity smile beams forth....Gordon Brown style....

We don''t matter....only her public perception does......

[/quote]

My, my Cluck, this woman has a way of getting under your skin at a level far beyond anything you attempt to impose upon posters on this forum. In that vein, have you ever considered there is a lot you can learn from her? Or is that already your problem?