Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

GREAT TIME TO PROTEST.....NOT!

So, having missed the opportunity to protest earlier in the season the numpties are now intending to do so at the wrong time.

If Roeder gets new players in all your preparations for protest will come to very little and may attract hostility.

The Coventry game is the biggest match at Norwich since Charlton in the Prem and no distraction is needed.

If Roeder sees the fans turning he may decide to go when we need him to stay if we are relegated for stability, ability and youth development.

I do not street protest but respect the right to do so of others, however, it is the wrong time and a poor protest is worse than no protest at all. I suggest you keep your powder dry a little while longer.

Is the Board continuing to make mistakes? I think the appointment of Roeder shows they have learned some lessons and the funds are there for loans, it is getting them in now which is the problem. Yes, we continue to wallow in three years of Board mis-management which seriously hampers us now but the time to protest about that was some time ago when some of us decided to abstain from buying season tickets and attending games but the majority kept going and kept the Board afloat and on the wrong course.

You have missed the boat, protesters, and the next one isn''t due for a while yet.

Definitely the wrong time to protest, wait until we are safely out of the relegation zone, any protest will only add to the negativity at Carrow Road at the moment, we need to be positive in all areas from the players to the fans to get out of this mess. A protest before a game, and a big one at that, can only be detrimental to our chances of success.

Good points Rud Old as you I am not one for street protesting and I will not boycott games but respect the individuals right to voice thier opinions however they see fit. The proof in the pudding will be the next two to three games to see if our new manager is given the backing and is able to attract some quality in. If Roeder goes who else are we going to attract to manage our sittuation ? only a manager who would be prepared to play Div 1 football. If he leaves it would only advertise to pottential replacements that he has not recieved the support from funding and the fans and we would therefore find it impossible to attract a quality manager prepared as he thus far he seems to intend to give it his best shot.I like everyone else am very dissappointed in how affairs have been managed since our fall from glory but feel that we are at the cusp of a change that will see us rise or fall further and that is. Will he be supported by the board and will the moths be released from the wallet.Have the board learned from the cruel lessons and are prepared to speculate.And if he is backed will he have the metal to bring the change about.And will our players show the heart needed to perform.This is not just about the Board, the manager, the players or the fans as individual entities but is about a collective of all the elements together and if one of the elements falters the machine will break into a state of disrepair.Until such time we see concrete evidence the protest boat has sailed there is however another one on its way if we dont see backing and effort in the coming fortnight.Will be an interesting few weeks where we will see our demise worsen or improve with little room in the middle ground. Acceptance of our sittuation is no longer an option as we are fastly running out of time.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

So, having missed the opportunity to protest earlier in the season the numpties are now intending to do so at the wrong time.

If Roeder gets new players in all your preparations for protest will come to very little and may attract hostility.

The Coventry game is the biggest match at Norwich since Charlton in the Prem and no distraction is needed.

If Roeder sees the fans turning he may decide to go when we need him to stay if we are relegated for stability, ability and youth development.

I do not street protest but respect the right to do so of others, however, it is the wrong time and a poor protest is worse than no protest at all. I suggest you keep your powder dry a little while longer.

Is the Board continuing to make mistakes? I think the appointment of Roeder shows they have learned some lessons and the funds are there for loans, it is getting them in now which is the problem. Yes, we continue to wallow in three years of Board mis-management which seriously hampers us now but the time to protest about that was some time ago when some of us decided to abstain from buying season tickets and attending games but the majority kept going and kept the Board afloat and on the wrong course.

You have missed the boat, protesters, and the next one isn''t due for a while yet.

[/quote]

Good points Rude Old, I''m concerned that all this protest and negativity business is working it''s way back to the players, and ultimately Glenn Roeder. It is not making his job any easier, that you can be sure. And in that sense I''ll agree with Smudge for once...Some fans are helping us get relegated. Rather than wasting their time getting 4-5 people chanting outside CR, we should be getting behind Glenn and making him feel WELCOME...It''s a real shame a few can''t see that. I can appreciate the reasons why some want Delia etc out, but this witch hunt is seriously bad timing folks (and i can spot bad timing a mile off). The sad thing about this is, is that the board have managed to attract an ex Newcastle manager here, however just because many want this board to fail they have already decided that Glenn Roeder will not get their support. That''s a bit of a shame, no?.

When Coventry beat us (the club is finished I''m gutted to say) I think it''ll kick off on its own, a la Chase/Boxing Day/Southend.

No one planned a protest that day................it just happened............and it got quite ugly.

[quote user="Dowp End"]Good points Rud Old as you I am not one for street protesting and I will not boycott games but respect the individuals right to voice thier opinions however they see fit.
 The proof in the pudding will be the next two to three games to see if our new manager is given the backing and is able to attract some quality in. If Roeder goes who else are we going to attract to manage our sittuation ?[/quote]

Agreed Dowp End, people seem to forget this but Roeder needs as much backing from the FANS as the board, and the board certainly need to get their wallets out too. The fans can make a difference, but many fail to acknowledge that their negative actions are having an adverse effect on this club. 

I know lets keep waiting till we are bottom of Div 1, no too early how about when we are in the conference, after all we dont want to upset that woman or our useless players, god forbid, it might make them win, nout else is working. Blimey some of you deserve what you get, lets all stick up the white flag.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I know lets keep waiting till we are bottom of Div 1, no too early how about when we are in the conference, after all we dont want to upset that woman or our useless players, god forbid, it might make them win, nout else is working. Blimey some of you deserve what you get, lets all stick up the white flag.[/quote]

It''s not about upsetting Delia, Ricky. It''s about the impact it''s having on Glenn Roeder who''s only been in the post for literally days. Do you really think a protest is honestly going to help his cause???.

I have posted my solution on the "lets not be bitter" thread, but I would offer this up in relation to any planned protest and the timing.

The ONLY way we can judge whether the Board are prepared to invest in Glenn Roeder will be Feb 1st next year. Until 31st Dec we must get by on what we have and loan signings (on which I don''t know the rules so I don''t know how many).

GR''s hands are at present loosely tied behind his back as his real long term targets can only be landed in January. By the end of January we could still be 5 points adrift, we could be more, we could be less. But even by the end of Jan we won''t have been relegated.

So, how can we judge whether the Board has learnt its lesson until then? Some may say its too late, but right now we don''t know what will happen with the transfer budget and I would have thought that protests at this time (whomsoever aimed at) can only undermine spirit further at a time when GR needs to lift things and bring a much needed jolt of confidence to the players.

This gang in charge have one last genuine chance to prove they have the guts to pull us out of this mess. If by Feb 1st we are still adrift in bottom and all we''ve done is re-sign Paul McVeigh then I would join you in charging down Riverside (although I will argue for the two things I want as set out in my other post).

"Familiarity breeds contempt" so the saying goes, and if at every sign of trouble we have supporters charging around with placards the whole message wil get undermined. Protests can only be effective if positioned at the right time and with a clear goal or solution in mind. [On this last point- has anybody spoken to anyone else of sufficient funding liquidity who will actually commit to buying the club and investing money should DS and MWJ sell?]

I understand the point dont upset HRH or Glen, for gods sake dont let him think we are passionate fans who want the best for this club, whats the point of getting new managers when the root cause keep staying, they should go now, if not by there own steam, then driven out, by petitions, protests, empty seats whatever it takes. If you all think, turning a blind eye, sitting on your hands is going to help the club you are more naive than i thought.

Bad time for protests definatly you will be doing more harm than good.

If you do make sure you have pro Roeder and loans in there somewhere or else no1 will want to come.

Give worthy time,give his new players time.Give grant time,give his new players time.Give roeder time,give his players time.All these statements come out like clockwork when things are going wrong,then 12 months later its sack worthy,sack grant,sack roeder,get rid of the players.It seems to me the only people who are given all the time in the world are the board,and imo these people are the reason why we are facing the worst crisis in norwich''s history.So come on everybody SACK THE BOARD

Roeder is one grain of sand when we have an entire beach to consider....and once again I see the weight of responsibility shifted from all that has gone before...to one mans'' shoulders.

You lot love your "saviours" don''t you?....as it''s much easier than taking on the issues yourselves. I believe it''s called "hiding" while you leave others do the dirty work for you.....

Save the club on your own then Roeder...no pressure of course.....

Well technically, whatever posters opinions are, everybody ''hides'' on a messageboard. The ones with the b0ll0cks are prepared to meet face to face...No?

When is a ''good'' time to protest then?Jesus, you guys want to wait untill we''re relegated by the sound of things, the sooner we take action to rid ourselves of the cancer at this club the better.

[quote user="Alex"]

Well technically, whatever posters opinions are, everybody ''hides'' on a messageboard. The ones with the b0ll0cks are prepared to meet face to face...No?

[/quote]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......   [|-)]

I''ve got better things to do with my time than spend an evening with someone whom I anticipate is about as interesting as a tin of cat food.  No offence...but I choose who I mix with socially...not you.

I also hope you don''t get this upset when the women you encounter don''t require your company. I may be wrong...but I rather suspect it''s a "rejection thing"?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]When is a ''good'' time to protest then?
Jesus, you guys want to wait untill we''re relegated by the sound of things, the sooner we take action to rid ourselves of the cancer at this club the better.
[/quote]

I had a post banned today for saying that!.[:|]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

When is a good time to protest?

Try three years ago!

[/quote]

Yea and you were all saying then "give it time" serious question when does this "time" actually run out.

Anybody reading my post properly (which many will not because I try to make it a reasoned one and debate is clearly out of fashion) will realise that my proposal is Feb 1st, or the nearest home match thereafter.

I''ve got better things to do with my time than spend an evening with someone whom I anticipate is about as interesting as a tin of cat food.  No offence...but I choose who I mix with socially...not you.

I also hope you don''t get this upset when the women you encounter don''t require your company. I may be wrong...but I rather suspect it''s a "rejection thing"?

More purile infantile garbage.

Next

Well I think you have to give GR at least one window. If the Board don''t change tack then the charge of incompetence becomes virtually proven and those who want to take more tangible action will have a proven case and wider support..

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Well I think you have to give GR at least one window. If the Board don''t change tack then the charge of incompetence becomes virtually proven and those who want to take more tangible action will have a proven case and wider support..[/quote]

"If if''s and and''s were pots and pans there''d be no work for Tinkers".........

As expected...here come the calls for "give him time" and "he needs to find his own players".... It''s far too late for that now...infact several managers and over a decade too late.

This is as good as it gets from now on under Smith....and expecting Roeder to bail her out shows a distinct lack of realism. Once the souffle'' is spoiled.....there''s no point in chucking more eggs at it.........

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......   [|-)]

[/quote]

Well hands up, I took you for many things Cluck but certainly not Barry Manilow...

However, I don''t think my girlfriend would tolerate me ''requiring the company'' of other women.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

How many transfer windows do you need to illustrate the board''s propensity NOT to invest in the playing squad.

I think i''ve seen enough.

Its too late to give them another chance.

[/quote]

I agree with this to an extent FTFW. But we keep overlooking the fact the the board did seek investment, albeit not on the scale that has been argued for on here. The Turners invested in return for a place on the board. So this board actually have only had the summer window where Peter Grant didn''t come out and complain he didn''t get the funds he wanted, in fact I get the impression he didn''t spend all the funds available. And that may be a good thing if its true!

I suggest all we can do in this case is wait and see.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Well I think you have to give GR at least one window. If the Board don''t change tack then the charge of incompetence becomes virtually proven and those who want to take more tangible action will have a proven case and wider support..[/quote]

They short-changed Worthington at the start of 2005/06

They then appointed a rookie and short-changed him too.

2 lame ducks later and I think the charge of incompetence is already proven.

And ''if'' Roeder does get some players we''ll have to give them time to settle in (although it should be easier in League One!).

Personally, i think the prospect of relegation will make the board even tighter when it comes to investing in the squad, as they will be budgeting for next season.

They''ve treated their supporters/season ticket holders with contempt. Why shouldn''t they reciprocate?

of course any fan has the right to protest rude old as you''ve said - timing in life is everything though!  and of course, the fans want to get behind the team in their moment of need but if a groundswell of opinion is forming against the board - then we shouldn''t be surprised.  the performance of the board has been as farcial as the players performance - which in my opinion has caused a great deal of doubt in the fans minds.  obviously, the introduction of roedy gave new hope, as did the ipswich display, but our pathetic attempts to lure new players in and the manner of our capitulation against plymouth are probably the straws that boke the camels back.if we get 2-3 new quality signing in this/early next week - i think you''ll see the protests almost cancelled.but imo, if they''re threatened with protest action , it all helps to rack up the pressure of the board to spend what is necessary to  make a good fist of escaping relegation.at the moment, the boards response smacks of ''too little, too late'' - which looks like complacency or worst, recklessly gambling with our champs status to many fans - and so it seems there are some concerned enough to question the board publically.