Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

How can you get so wound up if you don't even go

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Ok I''ll probably get shot down in flames for this one but it does puzzle me. This is not one of these thread about real fan or not real fans. And it isn''t directed at any one person alone.

But If you don''t actually attend “any” of the matches a season then how can you get so wound up and be so vocal about the club and it running.

Now for me football is a part of my life and Norwich City is the club I support. I attend all home matches and have a season ticket. I get to a handful of away games theses day. Not as many as when I was a young man (I,m only 35 BTW) but family, money and all that.

If we lose I''m pi$$ed off big time. I don''t want to watch a losing team but I get over it. We are not performing well full stop at present and a turn around looks a long way off and that pi$$es me off.

WHY?

Because I dedicate time and money to watching the club. Saturday is a precious day if you work hard all week and £600+ pounds a year is a lot of money for me and my son to pay for season tickets.

Now I understand there is another argument to that. If I don''t like it I don''t have to pay and I don''t have to go. Fine I agree.

However If you don''t ever go and it doesn''t cost you anything I can''t for the life of me see why people have such strong feeling about the current situation. And that work in both ways, the ultra positives and the ultra negatives.

Yes we all want Norwich to be Premiership winners and we could all say that until they are we won''t set foot back in Carrow road. But we could also say until Norwich airport is upgraded so we can fly to Australia we are never going on holiday again.

For me supporting the team is to attend matches. I know I''m getting dangerously close to the I''m a better fan than you thing, but I honestly feel that only those who attend and pay can really be affected.

Right here comes the abuse and posts about how you''d attend if it wasn''t for the fact your head was blown off in the war.

[/quote]

It''s takes more bottle and effort to make that difficult choice to stay away rather than simply continuing a habit selfishly....

Just like it is easier to continue smoking than give up....Just like it is easier to carry on drinking than give up.....Just like it is easier to stay in a dead end job than start elsewhere.....Just like it is easier to stay in the same relationship rather than meet someone new. Just like it is easier to stay in the same house rather than move....Just like it is easier to give in than to fight....

Going to games is very easy...staying away is the tough part. That''s the difference between the individual who cares about the club enough to act...as opposed to the creature of habit who just wants nothing in his/her life to change.....Some of us want to go...but are concerned enough to make a small sacrifice to bring about change. If there were enough of us....Smith would have left town by now......

[/quote]

Good post HH44 and Cluck''s reply too........

Firstly I think that purely because people don''t go NOW doesn''t mean that they''ve NEVER been to a City game. Setting aside the fact that there are many people who for one reason or another don''t attend matches, i.e, work, family commitments, ill-health, etc, etc, there are people like Cluck and Smudger who are as spiritually committed City fans as others on here but don''t agree with the way the Club is being run. For that reason alone as a way of protest they chose not to physically attend matches and thereby deprive the Club of revenue in the hope that by doing this things will change in the Boardroom. Perhaps in time this will have the desired effect ?

I would perhaps take issue with Cluck when he says that us '' creatures of habit '' who do attend matches want nothing to change in our lives. We do want things to change at Carrow Road, Cluck, of course we do. And we might be mis-guided in turning up on auto-pilot every time but there is a chance that the little bit of extra revenue we generate might - just might - lead to better things on the pitch. 

I would guess that Cluck is around my age, mid-50''s, and Smudger is in his mid-30''s. Forget all this nonsense that they''re Ipswich supporters. I''ll bet they''ve been to hundred''s of matches over the years and the fact that they don''t attend now doesn''t mean that they''re any less passionate about about our Club.

The one thing we hopefully can all agree on is that changes MUST be made, either by a change of Club ownership - which I would welcome- or, if the present incumbents don''t feel able or willing to let go then a substantial cash injection must be made available to our new manager if he''s to have any hope at all of saving this Club from sliding into Division One.

[/quote]

You''re right about my age group ASMS...and up until this season I had travelled many miles from wherever I was to take up my seat. I''ve sat through countless dire performances...and seen many good ones. Winning was never my ultimate need...just a gutsy performance and some decent passing football kept me content. I''ve seen promotions and relegations....plus near misses either end of a league....but never have I seen the club so devoid of spirit and direction as it is today. This hopeless scenario exceeds any other low I''ve known...because the club has sold it''s soul and identity to a single entity...and stopped being what it always was...a community football club representative of the County of Norfolk.

My decision not to renew my season ticket was an individual choice....as will my return be when Smith and her cohorts have departed. Whichever league we are in will be immaterial....as my sole requirement will be that the club is once more Norwich City Football Club....not Delia''s little Norwich. I really don''t give a toss whether people do as I have done in staying away....nor do I really give a toss what happens to Delia''s Norwich City in the short term....because sooner or later NCFC will return to roots and we will once again be able to follow the club which represents the people...not a giggly tv cook.......

If anyone on this forum can honestly state that the 12 years of the Smith tenure has brought anything other than decline and paralysis then they are deluded. By staying away I am witholding my support for a failing Board...rather than bankrolling a train set only one person is allowed to play with. If you''re content just to watch it going round and round while the wheels come off....that''s up to the individual....but it''s not for me.

Each to their own of course....but for many it will all end in tears. I certainly won''t be one of them however.

[quote user="Cluck"]It''s takes more bottle and effort to make that difficult choice to stay away rather than simply continuing a habit selfishly....

Just like it is easier to continue smoking than give up....Just like it is easier to carry on drinking than give up.....Just like it is easier to stay in a dead end job than start elsewhere.....Just like it is easier to stay in the same relationship rather than meet someone new. Just like it is easier to stay in the same house rather than move....Just like it is easier to give in than to fight....

Going to games is very easy...staying away is the tough part. That''s the difference between the individual who cares about the club enough to act...as opposed to the creature of habit who just wants nothing in his/her life to change.....Some of us want to go...but are concerned enough to make a small sacrifice to bring about change. If there were enough of us....Smith would have left town by now......

[/quote]

Check out Mr Self Righteous here! And I get accused of

massaging my ego on this board. Maybe Cluck should try spending his money and

using up his own time to get himself to Carrow Road to try and support a

failing, unmotivated and under par team. THAT my friend is hard work. Much

harder than sitting at home hammering out your complaints on a keyboard. I’m

just glad most NCFC supporters relish this challenge rather than bottling it

and lavishing up their disgraceful lack of support as some kind of personal

torment in their crusade against the evil ones! Again thanks for the laugh, are

you always this stupid or are you just making a special effort today?

[quote user="inch_high"]

Hardhouse44 you are happy to highlight why you go now but I can''t express the dedication I commited to this club in time money(which amounted to many thousands) and weather conditions?

It''s wasn''t a hobby for me as I suspect it is for you, It''s deeply rooted in my blood and just will no go away. The passion is still there but the body is not willing.

[/quote]

Your damn right it''s a hobby for me. Supporting Norwich is just one of my hobbies. I''m equally as dedicated to fishing.

I''m going to upset you and many others again but anybody who sees it a much more than a hobby worries me. In fact it frightens me. But so do the fans that are prepared to attack other fan when they are in the river end or anywhere for that reason. Or fans who spit evil and away supporters.

Football is a game and you can stick your Bill Shankly analogies where the sun don''t shine.

My passions and the thing that are deeply rooted in my blood are my family, my friends and my work. They are the things that give me a fantastic life 365 days of the year. Not 11 guys kicking a football.

OTBC

I reiterate that I didn''t say that if you didn''t go to the matches you weren''t a real fan. I asked why those people got so wound up.

so wound up.

I have stopped going as I have mentioned on other posts, but what really kicks me in the teeth is that I cant afford for me, my girlfriend and two kids to go to watch Norwich

I started going to watch Norwich in 1979 with my dad on the south stand corner terrace (currently where the disabled area is), and during the years I always said that if I was fortunate enough to father children the first thing I would do is get down to carrow road with them

They are now 8 and 7 and we have only been twice, If i decide to go to a home game with them, after all expenses have been added up it would be a tad over 100 pounds.  A little to rich for me with the football that has been served up recently. BUT if I was able to afford to go I would be straight down there with my boys, sharing all the experiences that I had.

It''s not about going, or not going.  It''s about what you invest emotionally in the team''s performances, or the results.I know many people who go to games in the corporate boxes, and go for the troughing and the booze, and couldn''t give a monkey''s whether we win or not as long as it''s a "good game".  Whereas I, and many like me, will tune in to Radio Norfolk on a Saturday afternoon, and swear a lot, or put Sky on, and swear a lot, or tune into the Championship on Sunday morning, and swear a lot.  We find ways to devote time to the team we love.  Whether that''s in the ground or outside the ground is a matter of both choice and circumstance, but does not lessen our support, or how much we care, and therefore how much we get wound up.Incidentally, our chairman is a Hull City fan, but goes to Carrow Road for every home game.  So how does that work?

sorry to say this Hardhouse - but you are a complete idiot... You are no more of a fan than I am despite the fact I can only go to a few games. I work all over the world and despite the fact I would prefer to live in Norwich and watch all home games I would have to take a 90% pay cut to return. When I can afford to do this I will return and still be no lesser fan than you...

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

I haven''t been to Carrow Road since 1987 when I spent some time in Cambridge. I was born in New York and am a true Yank. I just haven''t been back to EA since. But I do read everything I possibly can about the team, see as many games as I can, and remember the days of Sutton, Fox, Ekoku and Gunn fondly. I am a New York Yankee and New York Jets season ticket holder, and I sandwich NCFC right in between the two in terms of "love."  My 2 kids are kitted out in canary gear even they have no idea what it means (3 and 1 years old). 

But while this thread seems to have put me on the defensive, its no big deal. I think that if we were mid-table, threads like this would never appear.  Being bottom seems to have quite understandibly brought out the anger in most of us, and it has turned fellow fan against one another in a particularly unattractive way.  I am content to leave things be and agree to disagree, but still wonder, what was the point of this thread?

[/quote]Criikeyy, I echo your comments. I am 100% dinki di aussie, I was born here and my first time ever to Carrow Road was in March THIS YEAR (its also the only time I have left the merry ol land of oz), in fact I was in Cardiff and watched us loose in my first ever game of english football and caught the suppoter bus back to Carrow Road that was the first time I had ever been there and it will be a memory I will never forget, I watched the next 2 games at Carrow Road and enjoyed myself immensley and also met some fantstic people while I was there as well! I also spent 400quid at the club shop buying merchandise for myself and kids and family, and am a regular buying online.Why do I support Norwich?? My father is a passionate supporter and runs the supporters club over here, everything he talks about is Norwich. My eldest boy (7 yo) knows what it all means but doesnt quite get it, I think he doesn''t understand something he cant go to or see regularly.I also get up at 2am or 4am whenever Norwich are shown Live on the box here (when you guys have it live on sky we get it as well.).I wouldnt say I was anymore or less a supporter than anyone else but, I am a supporter and entitled to my opinion of events just like everyone else, I try to participate in the club as much as I can, and with the internet I have never felt closer but, also being so far away it restricts you. Yes I feel the pain of our current situation, but at least you can go to the games and shout your feelings out aloud with the rest of the people at the ground, not many people can hear me shouting form here!

I started going in 1965 and have been ever since a die hard norwich fan(the only one in my class)and i took to them straight away as my club.Over the years i have been and seen the good times and the bad times,nearly been sacked for going to away games during the week,being chased up roads,knifed in the hand in the early 70s,called every name under the sun, worked hard to pay to go to the games,I would have liked to had a season ticket, then i go and get married and with a family you have to get the balance right.Iam not one of the so called sheep who have not got a clue about the real norwich city.I feel i have a right to get wound up at the present plite they have got themselves into i have been through to much over the last 42 years supporting city to keep mum.I dont go to many matches now due to illness but my heart will always belong to norwich.WE MUST LOOK TO THE FUTURE,THE GREAT ESCAPE IS ON, TUNNEL ONE IS NEARLY COMPLETE,THE HEAD TEAM IS IN PLACE,THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]

I haven''t been to Carrow Road since 1987 when I spent some time in Cambridge. I was born in New York and am a true Yank. I just haven''t been back to EA since. But I do read everything I possibly can about the team, see as many games as I can, and remember the days of Sutton, Fox, Ekoku and Gunn fondly. I am a New York Yankee and New York Jets season ticket holder, and I sandwich NCFC right in between the two in terms of "love."  My 2 kids are kitted out in canary gear even they have no idea what it means (3 and 1 years old). 

But while this thread seems to have put me on the defensive, its no big deal. I think that if we were mid-table, threads like this would never appear.  Being bottom seems to have quite understandibly brought out the anger in most of us, and it has turned fellow fan against one another in a particularly unattractive way.  I am content to leave things be and agree to disagree, but still wonder, what was the point of this thread?

[/quote]The point is that there is to much abuses being hurled around on this forum and others between people who clai to support Norwich City. Some of whom never attend and have never attended a game in their lives. And I find it puzzling and from some a bit rich.

[/quote]

Surprises me that you wrote this thread Hardhouse...

It is obviously aimed at myself and Cluck who do not give a stuff about what you think & only care about the direction this club is taking and the fact that it (and it''s fans) have become an embarassment to the rest of the nation.

I have been to see City play plenty of times thank you and will continue to see them play after the back of Smith & Jones.  I prom ised myself 25 months ago that I would not set foot inside Carrow Road to watch a match again under the current boardroom set up.... not an easy decision to make but one that has proven to be fully warranted as our club has been dragged to an all time low by it''s current incumbents and excuse for supporters who9 follow the celbrity chef rather than the team itself.

You have your opinions and I will have mine... simple as!!!

Arthur Whittle & Co laid an ultimatum at my feet to prove that I am not all mouth... I am prooving him and the rest of you wrong as you and your friends sit there doing Sweet FA as usual... [:P] 

So what you''re really saying is - if one doesn''t go to the matches one isn''t paying, and if one isn''t paying he/she has no right to air his or her opinions.

I don''t attend the Houses of Parliament, but I still get to vote.

If brains were made of quality footwear, Hardhouse, yours would be a toddlers pvc sandal -- a pink one.

[quote user="shyster"]

So what you''re really saying is - if one doesn''t go to the matches one isn''t paying, and if one isn''t paying he/she has no right to air his or her opinions.

[/quote]

I said why do you get so wound up.

Right here we go again. I go, as I think we have gathered. Therefore I want us to play well otherwise I''m watching a team I support lose.

If I don''t go I still want the team to win but am not there so my emotions are lessened because of that.

If I didn''t go at all my emotions would "for me" be even more lessened. As they are say when England lose. I follow England on telly but have never been to see them. An England defeat therefore affects me a lot less than a Norwich loss.

The whole point was as I stated not to get in to a I''m a better fan than you argument but to find out how people who never attend are able to get so wound up by the clubs affair and performance.

I feel that as so many have taken it that I am is some way critical of their fanship for want of a better would is astonishing. I couldn''t care less about whether you go, don''t go or have a life size tattoo of Delia''s head on your chest I wanted to know how those who never attend for what ever reason can get SO WOUND UP.

Guess your all just a bunch of tetchy buggers.

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"][quote user="Cluck"]It''s takes more bottle and effort to make that difficult choice to stay away rather than simply continuing a habit selfishly....

[/quote]

Check out Mr Self Righteous here! And I get accused of massaging my ego on this board. Maybe Cluck should try spending his money and using up his own time to get himself to Carrow Road to try and support a failing, unmotivated and under par team. THAT my friend is hard work. Much harder than sitting at home hammering out your complaints on a keyboard. I’m just glad most NCFC supporters relish this challenge rather than bottling it and lavishing up their disgraceful lack of support as some kind of personal torment in their crusade against the evil ones! Again thanks for the laugh, are you always this stupid or are you just making a special effort today?

[/quote]

You have the intellect of an amoeba sunshine....and have obviously yet to learn that I am totally untouchable when it comes to such inane and ignorant nonsense.....

Come back to me when you''re ready as you''re clearly way out of your depth....and no match for the big boys....

I went to virtually every home match between 1975 and 1993 and a vast majority of away games , Looking back now I was a total anorak . In 1993 my then girlfriend ( now wife ) became pregnant , we moved into a flat and immediately priorites and financial commitments changed in a completely different direction and the one major economy I could make was to curtail my football - It was one of the hardest things I have ever done and Was probably like giving up smoking ( had I ever started )

I have been to a handful of games since , My daughter and son are mad keen NCFC fans and regularly attend Reserve games - however for a normal first team game we are looking at somewhere around £ 50 for the three of us , I cannot justify that outlay at all and although we would love season tickets , again the price for us three is prohibitive

However , at 2.00 every saturday , we put the radio on and it stays on until 6 - we do the same for midweek matches , we read the EEN and EDP as well as the various websites every day and our interest has never waned at all , We have opinions on players and situations based on a variety of sources ,We purchase merchandise regularly , my son attends the FITC courses   

I live in Norwich , I have supported Norwich for 35 years and still consider myself a fan - if my financial situation changed at all , we would purchase season tikets at a stroke - I heard it said that for every person that attends Carrow road , there are another four who consider themselves fans

Football going is a habit , but it is a habit you can kick for other things - you never lose the passion

r  

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Ok I''ll probably get shot down in flames for this one but it does puzzle me. This is not one of these thread about real fan or not real fans. And it isn''t directed at any one person alone.

But If you don''t actually attend “any” of the matches a season then how can you get so wound up and be so vocal about the club and it running.

Now for me football is a part of my life and Norwich City is the club I support. I attend all home matches and have a season ticket. I get to a handful of away games theses day. Not as many as when I was a young man (I,m only 35 BTW) but family, money and all that.

If we lose I''m pi$$ed off big time. I don''t want to watch a losing team but I get over it. We are not performing well full stop at present and a turn around looks a long way off and that pi$$es me off.

WHY?

Because I dedicate time and money to watching the club. Saturday is a precious day if you work hard all week and £600+ pounds a year is a lot of money for me and my son to pay for season tickets.

Now I understand there is another argument to that. If I don''t like it I don''t have to pay and I don''t have to go. Fine I agree.

However If you don''t ever go and it doesn''t cost you anything I can''t for the life of me see why people have such strong feeling about the current situation. And that work in both ways, the ultra positives and the ultra negatives.

Yes we all want Norwich to be Premiership winners and we could all say that until they are we won''t set foot back in Carrow road. But we could also say until Norwich airport is upgraded so we can fly to Australia we are never going on holiday again.

For me supporting the team is to attend matches. I know I''m getting dangerously close to the I''m a better fan than you thing, but I honestly feel that only those who attend and pay can really be affected.

Right here comes the abuse and posts about how you''d attend if it wasn''t for the fact your head was blown off in the war.

[/quote]

It''s takes more bottle and effort to make that difficult choice to stay away rather than simply continuing a habit selfishly....

[/quote]Oh Dear  How funny, the History books will abound with heroic stories of one who has made great sacrifice for the good of the common man. Let us raise a statue and a toast To Cluck ,Selfless Martyr of our time with the above quoted on a nice shiny plaque to remind us in future generations of this giant of our cause.You should write comedy Cluck it would be far more less patronising and believable if you say you cant be arsed instead of coming out with this egotistical rant.

[quote]You have the intellect of an amoeba sunshine....and have obviously yet to learn that I am totally untouchable when it comes to such inane and ignorant nonsense.....[/quote]

Quite right Cluck old chap, no-one writes inane and ignorant nonsense quite like you, you are untouchable in that regard [:)]

[quote user="Cluck"]

You have the intellect of an amoeba sunshine

[/quote]

We may find out soon cuz there''s talk of him coming here on loan.....

Surely the answer is very simple.

People are "getting wound up" because they CARE!  There are countless reasons why people don''t actually attend; it may just simply be because they can''t.  Whatever the reason, it is not for you to judge.  I know an old guy in his 80''s who sits in complete despair by his radio listening to every match commentary.  Is he not entitled to care about the team he loves just because he doesn''t attend and pay to watch?  

I think you have made a serious error of judgement if you truely believe in what you have stated.  And if you do, why not start your own forum where you only qulify to take part if you can provide proof that you are either a member or season ticket holder.  

What are we arguing about exactly, saying those who don''t go to games are not upset by the current crisis? Of course they are. The 20 odd thousand who go are not alone in feeling pain. There are many exiled fans working abroad (the services for example), many who can''t go because of work, family, whatever.

If you a city fan then you will be feeling pretty bad and fed up a the moment. Why does all this point scoring have to go on? Who cares if someone is a 40 year season ticket holder or not, doesn''t make them any better than an eager 10 year old does it?

Can''t we just accept that we are all upset and most of us will still support the club whatever division we find ourselves in, but a lot of us can''t stomach the mess the present board have made of our club?

[quote user="Cluck"]You have the intellect of an amoeba sunshine....and have obviously yet to learn that I am totally untouchable when it comes to such inane and ignorant nonsense.....

Come back to me when you''re ready as you''re clearly way out of your depth....and no match for the big boys....

[/quote]So untouchable you feel the need to respond. I am by no means out my depth. That little medal of honour goes to you for not having the courage to back up your words little chicken.You might be able to dismiss people on here with your ''virtual'' arrogant aloofness, but we all see through it. All of us. Although some posters copy your stlye, it is clear they haven''t yet removed themselves from your rectum in order to form their own opinions and your so 1 dimensional you only have the one.Anyway. Keep up the clown show. I''m enjoying every minute.

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"][quote user="Cluck"]You have the intellect of an amoeba sunshine....and have obviously yet to learn that I am totally untouchable when it comes to such inane and ignorant nonsense.....

[/quote]

So untouchable you feel the need to respond. I am by no means out my depth. That little medal of honour goes to you for not having the courage to back up your words little chicken.

You might be able to dismiss people on here with your ''virtual'' arrogant aloofness, but we all see through it. All of us. Although some posters copy your stlye, it is clear they haven''t yet removed themselves from your rectum in order to form their own opinions and your so 1 dimensional you only have the one.

Anyway. Keep up the clown show. I''m enjoying every minute.
[/quote]

I recognise Cluck and Smudger in your signature picture PJ but who''s the other one?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Hasn''t this thread just decended into a predictable slanging match between certain posters now?.[:|][/quote]

That''s precisely what happens when they have no argument Wiz....and why there is such an obsession with certain user names rather than fact. Remember those playground days? It was easy to deal with then...and just as easy to deal with now.

It''s quite sad to witness really...but entertaining in it''s own warped way.       [:)]

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"][quote user="Cluck"]You have the intellect of an amoeba sunshine....and have obviously yet to learn that I am totally untouchable when it comes to such inane and ignorant nonsense.....

[/quote]

So untouchable you feel the need to respond. I am by no means out my depth. That little medal of honour goes to you for not having the courage to back up your words little chicken.

You might be able to dismiss people on here with your ''virtual'' arrogant aloofness, but we all see through it. All of us. Although some posters copy your stlye, it is clear they haven''t yet removed themselves from your rectum in order to form their own opinions and your so 1 dimensional you only have the one.

Anyway. Keep up the clown show. I''m enjoying every minute.
[/quote]

Bimbo.

OTBC

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="shyster"]

[/quote]

I said why do you get so wound up.

Right here we go again. I go, as I think we have gathered. Therefore I want us to play well otherwise I''m watching a team I support lose.

If I don''t go I still want the team to win but am not there so my emotions are lessened because of that.

If I didn''t go at all my emotions would "for me" be even more lessened. As they are say when England lose. I follow England on telly but have never been to see them. An England defeat therefore affects me a lot less than a Norwich loss.

The whole point was as I stated not to get in to a I''m a better fan than you argument but to find out how people who never attend are able to get so wound up by the clubs affair and performance.

I feel that as so many have taken it that I am is some way critical of their fanship for want of a better would is astonishing. I couldn''t care less about whether you go, don''t go or have a life size tattoo of Delia''s head on your chest I wanted to know how those who never attend for what ever reason can get SO WOUND UP.

Guess your all just a bunch of tetchy buggers.

[/quote]

Okay, Hardhouse, I''ll tell you why I get somewhat wound up - the fact is, I want to go to Carrow Road to witness good football being played played by a good football team - I miss that immensely.

Even in leaner times in the past when we''ve been s***te I still attended matches to watch a Norwich side that were at least competitive - so a fair weather supporter I am most definately not.

We''ve always been a selling club, but never before have a Board concentrated their efforts and squandered monies on all asunder except football as the current regime has.

For the above reasons I''ve chosen not to help finance the detriment of the team I''ve been a supporter of for 43 years.

Should good football return under the present Board of members then it''s possible I would resume watching from the stands getting fat on eating huge slices of humble pie --- ''reckon I''ll be anorexic by the end of the season then.