Sign in to follow this  
jelltex

To the protesters: just a thought....

In the mid 80''s, one of our players, Robert Rosario was being blamed for all the ills of the club. His name was booed when the team was read out, tuts when he touched the ball and maons when it went astray. It was pointed out by Ken Brown that maybe to boost his confidence the crowd might like to cheer instead of boo, and that might improve his confidance. The next game, he got raising cheers, and his game was 100% better. My point is, that this atmosphere that is being created is doing nothing for the club or team, and many are quicker to maon than to cheer. How different it was at the Ipswich game when choruses of OTBC greeted their goals and huge cheers when we scored. I was not there, but could hear it on the radio, made my heart jump for joy. How different from the silence that accompanied the Sheffied Wednesday game, the last that i was at. Maybe such a reaction when they scored could have helped.

Let me add that I want the baord out; they have failed completley to do what they set out to do, prudence with ambition failed and they should go, as soon as possible. But not until a replacement has been found. Quite how hard Delia and Co are looking is another matter, and whether they should be City fans is another. I am no sheep, I have seen both good and bad in 35 years of suporting City, seen the roof lifted of Carrow Road many times, especially vicories agains the old enemy of Man Utd.

I made one mistake on my last posting with a personal attack on one particular poster on this board. For that I''m sorry to have sunk that low, and to hime I appologis for having done so. everyone is entitled to their opinion, and their right to air it. He is by no means the one I disagree with most, but he posts lots and I disagree with most of what he says. But, why can''t we all pull in the same direction, guys? Is it so hard? The club is not in as bad a situation as it was under Chase and so to compare it to then is wrong. There are more than enough games to pull this around, and with everyone pulling in the same direction, it can happen. Is it too much to ask for there to be a wall of noice at the Coventry game and see what happens? Oh no, lets have a protest, moan a lot and get on the players backs. Now why didn''t they play well?

The truth is, the board make bad appointments in managers; one walked out, one was fine for a while, no one was complaining with play off final or promotion where they? But, big financial mistakes have been made, and we should have appologies from those responsible; because we were told they had their eyes open and knew of the pitfalls.

I used to stand next to one guy in the River End and for a while he came just to berate Mark Barham after he came back from injury: I had to ask him why he did it, and maybe he would like to cheer or applaud once in a while. We all care about the club, I think we can agree, but it seems that some are suggesting they are better fans if they protest; or go to many games, or why do we care if we don''t go to games? Well, some of us have no coice, we moved away to follow work, met someone who lives the other side of the country. That hasn''t stopped us caring.

OTBC

[quote user="jelltex"]

In the mid 80''s, one of our players, Robert Rosario was being blamed for all the ills of the club. His name was booed when the team was read out, tuts when he touched the ball and maons when it went astray. It was pointed out by Ken Brown that maybe to boost his confidence the crowd might like to cheer instead of boo, and that might improve his confidance. [/quote]

Sounds like a certain andy hughes

[quote user="Canary Ben002"][quote user="jelltex"]

In the mid 80''s, one of our players, Robert Rosario was being blamed for all the ills of the club. His name was booed when the team was read out, tuts when he touched the ball and maons when it went astray. It was pointed out by Ken Brown that maybe to boost his confidence the crowd might like to cheer instead of boo, and that might improve his confidance. [/quote]

Sounds like a certain andy hughes

[/quote]

Dead right about Hughes. I cant help but think that he would be a good man to have in our trench at the moment. A born fighter with some bollocks to boot.

The difference between the ipswich and sheffield games was the effort and enterpriise shown by the team. Only god knows how ipswich went in at half time 2 up, they were totally outplayed, as they were in the second, when only wretched refereeing saved them. sheffield however was, like most performances home and away an absolutely disgraceful affront to the paying public. The players couldnt show less respect to the support if the took off their shirts before the match and urniated on them in front of the main stand. The players have to give - the supporters are spent out.   

yeah thats right, being able to play football, have vision and the ability to pass to a team mate wont enter our ''player criteria to survive'' list will it - maybe having been criticised by grant he may have jumped in the dug out and ended the grant nightmare more prematurely though (doubt anyone would have pulled him away)

yes thats right, god only knows how town were 2-0 up,at half time. city were playing up to the great support thats why we played so well and came back.  now how do you think they will play if a FEW IDIOTS PROTEST before the came?

SOD YOUR PERSONAL BATTLES , NOW IS THE TIME TO CLOSE RANKS AND SUPPORT THE TEAM!!!!

If the players are doing their best - then by definition, they cannot do more. If they''re not then some form of moan is surely in order. Trouble is, only Hucks, Dublin, Taylor (and probably Marshall) IMHO are definitely up to the mark, and they are either out or past their best or both! We still need better players. Admittedly there''s a few bubbling under - Lappin, Chadwick and Strihavka could all come really good in a winning, confident team  - and Roeder''s doing all the right things so far, especially on what could be two vital loan signings. If Taylor is fit for the Coventry match, we''ll win!- that will make the protests irrelevant for a week at least...

I have to agree that it is probaly the players we turn our ire on, as quite clearly most of them have performed well in other teams and well for us in the past. Quite what is going on there, is the dressing room slit as has been suggested? If so it reveals a pretty unproffesional place.

Over the years I have seen players going through the motions, Lee Marshall being the prime expample, and the @Costa Del Carrow'' was supposed to be a thing of the past; but it seems the easy life has crept back.

Ahhh, Robert Rosario; anyone else in the crown when he made his debut against Watford in 1984? 6-1, what a game, even John Devine scored.

What a load of c**p... Robert Rosario... don''t make me laugh... had about two good games in his entire career... [:D]

If you think that is going to have any impact in keeping us up at this moment in time then you are more deluded than what I thought!!!