Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Ian Butterworth...

Just to change the subject a bit on here, thought you all might like to know how Ian Butterworth is getting on?Well, he still looks good for his age, assistant at Hartlepool..http://www.hartlepoolunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Reserves/0,,10326~1167926,00.html

good old Butts! him and Polly in the center of defence today would see us shoot up the league!

Ian Culverhouse is assistant manager of Brighton i believe, Mark Robins is Manager of Rotherham.. we all know what Gary Megson is doing now! lol!

Gunny is being given Token jobs by the board, Sutton has retired, Ade akinbiyi has the best strike rate of any Striker outside the premiership (fact!) and Darren Eadie can be seen on "soccer night"

anybody know what the rets of the european Squad are up to?

jas :)

They were saying on sky sports news this week, that Bournemouth are so thin on the ground that Rob Newman is due to be on the bench this weekend for the second time this season. He''s 42! With the size he was when he was here, I''m suprised he hasn''t ballooned al la Neil Ruddock.

I remember seeing him tucking into mixed grills and guiness in the pub in Bawburgh.

Mind you I''ll remember his chip into the box which led to Gossy''s goal away at Bayern Munic fondly...

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

They were saying on sky sports news this week, that Bournemouth are so thin on the ground that Rob Newman is due to be on the bench this weekend for the second time this season. He''s 42! With the size he was when he was here, I''m suprised he hasn''t ballooned al la Neil Ruddock.

I remember seeing him tucking into mixed grills and guiness in the pub in Bawburgh.

Mind you I''ll remember his chip into the box which led to Gossy''s goal away at Bayern Munic fondly...

[/quote]

Big robs Volley to equalise at Carrow road in the FA cup 1/4 replay vs Southampton.. the best football match EVER!

jas :)

I seem to have been asleep since that goal collapsed and fell on me at Molineux and I''ve just woken up and read what''s going on.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

After I stopped playing I watched Norwich become one of the leading clubs in England.

How did that happen?

They didn''t have many outstanding stars. They didn''t have many zillion dollar players (although they sold a lot of million dollar players)

They had a team.

A team of players who played for each other as much as themselves. A team of players who made the most of their sometimes limited talents, through their pride in playing for the cub. No-one would say that Mark Bowen, Andy Linighan, Ian Butterworth, Ian Culverhouse, Michael Phelan, Steve Bruce and the rest were the most talented players in their position, of their generation.

But, playing in the Norwich team at that time made them so. Because of the others around them. Because of the sense of optimism at the club. Because everyone had a sense of belief that anything was possible (just ask Jeremy Goss, who was never the most naturally gifted midfielder during his career).

I have read endless posts about who''s fault this all is and to be quite honest I find much of it absolute tosh. Delia''s to blame, Robert Chase is to blame. Nigel Doncaster is to blame. While we''re about it why don''t we blame Ron Saunders, Dave Stringer, John Bond, John Deehan, Ginger Megson, Mike Walker and the rest.

Like any team, group or community there are a bundle of different circumstances that lead to a club of any kind finding itself in the predicament it''s in. So blast off at Delia all you will, but how would you like to chuck in millions of pounds into a club whan that club has been royally messed around by the previous owners? Yes, she has made mistakes along with her husband, Doomcaster, Munby and the rest. Yes, we would all like a hell of a lot more money to get us back up to ''where we belong''. But despite their obvious mistakes, don''t ever forget what they inherited.

Some pontificate that we''re worse off now than when Chase was Chairman..... Utter garbage. We had no soul. No ethics. No decency.

I''m not saying that Delia is all about ''right'' and Chase was all about ''wrong'', but if I was stuck on a desert island I know who I''d rather be with. And I think many of you would rather be with her too. And while that may not bring results it is important for any club, community et al to feel they do things right.

Anyway, back to the playing side of things.

What''s gone wrong?

In short, the fans, the players, the mangers, the directors and the owners have lost their sense of belief and trust in each other.

Everyone is blaming everyone else.

Stopping this would be a start, including the ''blame'' culture on this board.

Sure, there''s lots to moan about if you like moaning. In the same way there''s lots to find good in if you''re a positive soul.

We''re bottom of the league. Lots of people have made mistakes. Lots of players may not have tried hard enough. But that''s then and this is now, and those people involved in the club who don''t care and who don''t try should leave. Now.

Don''t lose belief that this is a great club.

You lose that belief and we''ll be going down.

We''re