Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

do we need delia

sorry to say this but i think the club does need delia, however not on the board of directors where her business acumen is doing serious damage, i do think however we do still need her for the delia catering side, i think this is where she is best suited after all being a chef, she shoud taake sole control of delia canary catering and allow someone else to control the football board, preferably someone with a astute business brain, she should still be involved but not in a board of director manner as i think the club would suffer income wise if it lost the delia catering franchiseso delia out no but delia off the board yes

Are you going to still allow her to go to games or would you rather she stayed away completely as long as she leaves her money where it is.

I don''t mind her sticking around for the long term, but I feel the situation would be a lot more healthy at the football club if she sold off quite a few of her shares. She and her husband are far too dominant on the board with their 60% (?) or more shareholding and, for whatever reason, there is insufficient funding being provided for the team at the moment. We are in dire need of massive investment from somewhere if we wish to stay near the top end of the Football League. As we all now know, it is a total myth that nobody is interested in investing in NCFC. Just take a look at some of the unfashionable clubs who have attracted large scale investors!

I have posted on another post about this, we all know Delia is an avid Norwich fan and we should not hound her out like that, yes more finance and more business know how is needed but that does not mean she has to go and not go to the ground anymore.

For myself Royal Anglian, I just wish she would sell up and go.........quietly. When we''re relegated, not if, I think the boards position will become untenable.

If she doesn''t go soon, it''ll be Chase all over again. Read the other messageboards onthe net, there is a groundswell of anti Delia feeling growing, thats not me making it up, thats fact.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are you going to still allow her to go to games or would you rather she stayed away completely as long as she leaves her money where it is.

[/quote]

What money?  The last set of accounts show she converted her loans into  shares and now holds 61% of the clubs shareholding with MWJ which suggests to me that the ‘Delia and her money’ is yet another Norwich City fable in much the same way as she saved the club.

Frankly if I never saw that woman at our club again it would be too soon.

She can film her TV series from the CR kitchens (it''ll generate a small amount of revenue for us after all), but her role on the board seems unessessary these days. She can''t compete (meaning we can''t either) and steps must be made to get a new person (or "idiot" as she likes to call them) to invest in NCFC.

By all means sell to the right person but lets find that "idiot" asap.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]I have posted on another post about this, we all know Delia is an avid Norwich fan and we should not hound her out like that, yes more finance and more business know how is needed but that does not mean she has to go and not go to the ground anymore.[/quote]

Soooooo...we''d all welcome Robert Chase back as an "avid fan" would we?...yet what he did to the club compared to Smith was a mere trifle in comparison.

Weak thinking yet again.... the source of many of our problems at NCFC in 2007.

completely understand ure views wiz, i myself am sick to death of her and her mismanagement of ncfc, i would love to see fresh blood on the board and i think this is definately needed, in fact a whole new board is needed, i mean munby, doncaster and smith and jones just arent upto the task anymore, however i do feel she still has a use on the catering side of the club, i mean she is afterall a decent chef and her delia canary catering is quite popular and successful so i think it would be good to have her around the club, profiling erself at the club but she needs to hang up from the board and let someone else take control and start getting the club back to were we belong,

so delia off the board completely but allow her her canary catering and keep her about for this purpose only so that her influence doesnt further damage the football side

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What money?  The last set of accounts show she converted her loans into  shares and now holds 61% of the clubs shareholding with MWJ which suggests to me that the ‘Delia and her money’ is yet another Norwich City fable in much the same way as she saved the club.

[/quote]

Well so what Bury Green!

I converted mine into a season ticket. Do you expect her to just leave her shares behind and walk away?

You are a successful businessman.. right? Why not go down the Derby route and form a consortium with others and find out for yourselves if she is willing to sell.

I have been complaining about the boards policies longer than most on here. I guess there''s not as much satisfaction in protesting against policies. Why does it have to be so personal?

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder what Delia/MWJ''s loans and shareholding add up to?  I would have thought when someone does buy them out they would get back at least the amount they put in?  In the end losing out on the interest that could have made by investing elsewhere?

As per 61% of the club, Im sure sometime back in the say the comment was made that they would never own more than half the club?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well so what Bury Green!

I converted mine into a season ticket. Do you expect her to just leave her shares behind and walk away?

You are a successful businessman.. right? Why not go down the Derby route and form a consortium with others and find out for yourselves if she is willing to sell.

I have been complaining about the boards policies longer than most on here. I guess there''s not as much satisfaction in protesting against policies. Why does it have to be so personal?

[/quote]

So what?  What gets me is this persistent myth that ‘she’ (I can’t even bring myself to mention her name) opened up her handbag and poured millions of quid in for nothing, she didn’t and has carefully engineered herself into a position that she assured us would never happen again.  

After all in your initial post you suggested that she took all her money out, rather difficult because there isn’t any there in the fist place, it’s all shares or pretty much according to the last set of accounts 

The woman has successfully ridden prodigious balance sheet growth due to two key elements, spending little in the Premiership and benefiting from realising the clubs property assets and yet ahs fobbed off both the media at large and large swathes of supporters along the way. 

The solution is not a consortium to my way of thinking, the club now needs somebody of single minded vision and not some -------g media type, a person capable of taking the helm and making hard decisions, almost a dictatorship if you will.  This may well be the turners for all I know. 

None the less if asked to chip in to another share issue if there were some new incumbents at the helm then I would definitely bung in and not just a few hundred quid either. 

The sooner that wretched woman takes her girly strops and clears off the better for all of us, she is an embarrassment and a blight upon out club.

Ok Bury.

For me the problem is still the policy and not the personality but I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sorry Royal Anglian, but this smacks of retrogade sexist tosh.

Oh but woman your place is in the kitchen is it not........

24,000 fans per game, a serviceable debt, a season in the premier league (do not underestimate achievement vs resource) , and more than that a number of people who''s primary interest is in the long term sustainablity of the football club. Oh, and yes i''ve been at the forums etc and listened. Delia''s business acumen is responsible for so much of our current fanbase and revenue. I was there standing on the barclay in front of 12000 fans...... (no I do not work for the club!)

[quote user="Chrisr"]

24,000 fans per game, a serviceable debt, a season in the premier league (do not underestimate achievement vs resource) , and more than that a number of people who''s primary interest is in the long term sustainablity of the football club. Oh, and yes i''ve been at the forums etc and listened. Delia''s business acumen is responsible for so much of our current fanbase and revenue. I was there standing on the barclay in front of 12000 fans...... (no I do not work for the club!)

[/quote]

Hello Neil, and yes, we know you DON''T work for the club!.[:|]

[quote user="Chrisr"]

[/quote]

Go boil your head mate......your days of spinning the woolies are all but over.

Complete apologist bilge....and the reason why we are now "little old Norwich" in every sense of the word.

Delia " a women with no business acumen"?.  She runs three successful restaurants at the club, plus catering for 24000 every other week.  The profits from this go to the club.  She has invested her money and her catering skills into this club and her soul.  She loves the club more than I do.  I have supported this club for over 50 years. 

The wingers and moaners have always been on this message board.  Remember how they didn''t want "worthless"?

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"] i would love to see fresh blood [/quote]

Like... the Turners, the recently joined board members... for example?

chrisr, i agree it probably sounds a tad sexist, but it wasnt mean to be offensive, the things is she is a very good chef and very good catering business woman, but that is the limit to her expertise and this is where it shows in the football side, because her boardroom  policies are to invest in every bit of infrastructure like hotels and restaurants it has clearly left us failing on the pitch, id say the same to gordon ramsey or gary rhodes if thy had ben in charge at norwich, the point is yes she might of had a hand in bringing the crowds to carrow road, this is why i said she should stay on at the club in some sort of capacity and unfortunately because of her expertise in the restaurants and kitchen as a chef this is what she should concentrate on, but she must be removed from the board and some other iunvestors brought in to bring new life to the club,

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]chrisr, i agree it probably sounds a tad sexist, but it wasnt mean to be offensive, the things is she is a very good chef and very good catering business woman, but that is the limit to her expertise and this is where it shows in the football side, because her boardroom  policies are to invest in every bit of infrastructure like hotels and restaurants it has clearly left us failing on the pitch, id say the same to gordon ramsey or gary rhodes if thy had ben in charge at norwich,

the point is yes she might of had a hand in bringing the crowds to carrow road, this is why i said she should stay on at the club in some sort of capacity and unfortunately because of her expertise in the restaurants and kitchen as a chef this is what she should concentrate on, but she must be removed from the board and some other iunvestors brought in to bring new life to the club,
[/quote]

But this is the point that I have been trying to make.. it''s the policies. Too many posters concentrate on the personalities which, I''m afraid, points to underlying issues.

It always makes me laugh when people say Delia has no business acumen.

She has made a fortune as a result of being able to boil an egg.

Surely that makes her a financial genius?

[quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"] i would love to see fresh blood [/quote]

Like... the Turners, the recently joined board members... for example?

[/quote]

Oh yes. The TURNERS have contributed loads havent they?

No we don''t need her anymore, she has done some good things but the upshot is that she''s on the brink of taking the club to it''s lowest point in more than 40 years, quite an achievment not.

[quote user="Michael Roberts"]

Delia " a women with no business acumen"?.  She runs three successful restaurants at the club, plus catering for 24000 every other week.  The profits from this go to the club.  She has invested her money and her catering skills into this club and her soul.  She loves the club more than I do.  I have supported this club for over 50 years. 

The wingers and moaners have always been on this message board.  Remember how they didn''t want "worthless"?

[/quote]

Does ''She'' actually run three successful restaurants at the club? Shame that the same effort isn''t given to running an underachieving football club....I''d trade Quality chefs and catering - for Quality signings of footballers.