Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

Sorry guys, not allowed to divulge the contents of Doncaster's reply

I have spent a long time today trying to get a post through detailing Doncaster''s replies to my earlier email re Roeder''s transfer targets in January and the crisis at the club in general. The webteam can''t allow me to put any of the content of this email on this messageboard.

I don''t say I blame them, but surely the club should not have this sort of hold over the local media? IF any of you are interested in the reply, let me know and I will forward the details to you. It IS on other sites, but I can''t name them. Sorry.

This board MUST be stopped. They think they can do whatever they like. I challenge the CE and am not allowed to report on his answers. What is going on at our club that they are so frightened that some of us care enough to try and find out some answers.

A sad day, and one of many to come I fear before the lot of them are out of our club.

I''m not sure why they''ve done this.  It certainly isn''t very clever, let alone "cleverer".

The optimist in me says it shows they''re running scared and it''s like Peter Grant shutting up Colney to try and prevent team details leaking out.  If they''re half as desperate as he was, they could be out the door sooner than we think.  Far too early to get excited though.

The pessimist says it''s merely the byproduct of a standoff between the club and the local press that''s been going on ever since the press started asking one or two questions that badly needed asking. The fact that they do not seem to have tried to stop other websites publishing this material tends to back up this theory, unfortunately.

The realist in me says it''s probably a bit of both . . .

Gazza, if it''s not too much trouble would you be able to pm them to me? If it is, don''t worry. I''m very interested in his answers as I know you ask some very valid and good questions on this board.

If you could email it to me that''d be great too - mwncfc@msn.comWhat''s going on at our club - we are turning into Sheffield Bloody Wednesday

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

I''m not sure why they''ve done this.  It certainly isn''t very clever, let alone "cleverer".

The optimist in me says it shows they''re running scared and it''s like Peter Grant shutting up Colney to try and prevent team details leaking out.  If they''re half as desperate as he was, they could be out the door sooner than we think.  Far too early to get excited though.

The pessimist says it''s merely the byproduct of a standoff between the club and the local press that''s been going on ever since the press started asking one or two questions that badly needed asking. The fact that they do not seem to have tried to stop other websites publishing this material tends to back up this theory, unfortunately.

[/quote]

Is it the football club who have done this or Archant? Web Team??

I can''t believe that Neil Doncaster would put anything in an email to a fan that he wouldn''t want anyone else to see.. In fact i would be very disappointed if he disclosed things that would have an effect on any future transfer policies or negotiations.

I would also like to see the replies if it''s not to much bother.

Thanks mate

bisubra@hotmail.com

Thanks guys, will get round to it over the next couple of days!

To the Web team: I know it''s not your fault guys, but it just highlights the so called "listening" club for what it really is. By the way, there was nothing in the replies that could constitue offence to anyone, apart from a rather ironic opening which some of you will see.

I will continue to email Mr Doncaster and invite him to meet me personally to discuss the club. Wonder if he can fit me into his packed diary.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Thanks guys, will get round to it over the next couple of days! To the Web team: I know it''s not your fault guys, but it just highlights the so called "listening" club for what it really is. By the way, there was nothing in the replies that could constitue offence to anyone, apart from a rather ironic opening which some of you will see. I will continue to email Mr Doncaster and invite him to meet me personally to discuss the club. Wonder if he can fit me into his packed diary.[/quote]

Gazza - is it the club or archant who won''t let you post the emails. From this post I can only assume it''s the club, which to be honest surprises me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Is it the football club who have done this or Archant? Web Team??

I can''t believe that Neil Doncaster would put anything in an email to a fan that he wouldn''t want anyone else to see.. In fact i would be very disappointed if he disclosed things that would have an effect on any future transfer policies or negotiations.

[/quote]

Web Team,

Could we have an answer to Nutty Nigel''s question please?

Thanks.

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

We don''t publish private emails - nothing sinister, but they are supposed to be private.

Celia

[/quote]So it''s nothing to do with the club then...?Is this Archant''s round-about way of turning the fans on the board even more? I mean, there wasn''t a problem with people posting ND''s pretty-public responses to their emails say, a week ago, so what''s changed?

[quote user="MK Canary"][quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

We don''t publish private emails - nothing sinister, but they are supposed to be private.

Celia

[/quote]

So it''s nothing to do with the club then...?

Is this Archant''s round-about way of turning the fans on the board even more? I mean, there wasn''t a problem with people posting ND''s pretty-public responses to their emails say, a week ago, so what''s changed?
[/quote]

Agreed, lots of Doncasters emails have been on here before so whats changed web team? Pressure from the club or recent legal reasons? I say recent as it wasnt a problem last week, but then there was no talk of a protest last week.

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

Celia

[/quote]

Celia, are we allowed to say we''ve had an email and then summarise the contents in our own words?