Sign in to follow this  
0ridgemanddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Why is Roeder suprised nobody wants to play for us

I am sure he is genuinely surprised. He seems to be well impressed with our set up, Colney, the ground, the fan base etc. It''s a bit of a mystery isn''t it....aside from our league position what''s not to like?

Anyway, he now has the chance to get some quality players in, Martin Taylor looks an excellent addition (shame not a permanent one) and Matty Pattison we can only hope will also fit the bill.

As for the squad he has inherited, I am sure a manager of his experience has already made up his mind where the culling must begin.

Serious question here and I''m not on the ''wind''-

If Roeder was impressed by our set up, colney, the ground and the fan base, I wonder if he was impressed by our board of directors who he has agreed to work for?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If Roeder was impressed by our set up, colney, the ground and the fan base, I wonder if he was impressed by our board of directors who he has agreed to work for?

[/quote]

A man in Roeder''s position is probably grateful for the job offer.

As he was able to spin a load of excuses for his previous failures and sackings, im sure our Board did a similar thing.

I think he must have been, or at least prepared to work with them as he was eager to get back into football. Of course he doesn''t know them as we do though he must have researched what happened to previous managers. I am sure as an employee of the club, rather than a fan you have a very different perception of the board. I am sure he will press for plenty of dosh in January, if he doesn''t get what he wants then perhaps he will think again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

this is not a slieight on Roeder not at all, but i said when he was appointed that he is whats known as a "last chancer". People will see that he has 3 relegations in his career, Gillingham, Watford and Wet Sham, it also reflects that he has fewer promotions. Newcastle started off well under him but opinion is split.. they were spiralling downwards when he left and i know a couple of newcastle fans who were fearing for the clubs premiership status under Roeder.

Now, Glenn Roeder does not strike me as naive, neither does he come accross as an idiot. he is here because we are the last chance for him to salvage his managerial career. he is 51 now. there are many managers in the game much younger than him who will go onto  be better managers. he is here to prove a point, not just to himself but to football and those in the past that have doubted him. I think he also knows that if he does take us down then 4 relegations in a career would be VERY hard if not impossible to boucne back from... he could probably stick it out here for a few more seasons but the chance of 1 last pop at a higher level would be well and truly gone.

true the fan base, training ground and Carrow Road are impressive for the level we are at. as for the board, perhaps they impressed Roeder, perhaps they didnt.... either way he is at Norwich to save his career. get it right he''s a hero! people notice him again, players will want to come to the club and play for us...

get it wrong and it will be "count the days till the contract expires and retire".

I hope Glen succeeds...

jas :)

It did occur to me that with West Ham he has the highest points record for a relegated premiership team - 42.  That many points is normally enough to survive easily.  hopefully that means he is due some good luck soon.I know it will just be seen as me being an apologist, but it was pointed out to me while I was complaining about that aspect of his career to a Man city fan, who got less than 42 points last year.

Yeh, Roeder did have the biggest number of points that a premiership side has ever been relegated with.

He had a brain tumour later.

Newcastle is widely accepted as being one of the most difficult clubs to manage because of the huge expectations of the Geordies.

Surely, you can''t include his management at those clubs on his cv?

If he''s having this much trouble "scoring" on his honeymoon...it doesn''t bode well for the rest of the marriage......

I foresee a "quickie" divorce come May I''m afraid....with his kids dumped in an orphange.

[quote user="Cluck"]

If he''s having this much trouble "scoring" on his honeymoon...it doesn''t bode well for the rest of the marriage......

I foresee a "quickie" divorce come May I''m afraid....with his kids dumped in an orphange.

[/quote]

Whilst you sometimes write inflammatory garbage on here it''s usually well written and occasionally amusing, this is just pathetic, not funny and apalling attempts at metaphor and similie that fail miserably. You must be embarassed.  

[quote]

Newcastle is widely accepted as being one of the most difficult clubs to manage because of the huge expectations of the Geordies.[/quote]

His win rate there was only bettered by 2 managers since 1945.  Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Whilst you sometimes write inflammatory garbage on here it''s usually well written and occasionally amusing, this is just pathetic, not funny and apalling attempts at metaphor and similie that fail miserably. You must be embarassed.  

[/quote]

I guess you can''t win ''em all then fatso....It made me laugh when I first read it though...and I thought it up.

Short term memory loss has it''s advantages sometimes.

This week a few players and ex-players (e.g. Gerrard and Paul Parker) have bemoaned the number of foreigners in the Premiership, and that they are taking all the chances of 1st team football away from young English talent. Then on the overhand Roeder has said Premiership reserves do not want to play in the Championship.

They can''t both be right. Younger players should look at the example of Crouch, a decent loan spell at Norwich after languishing in Villa reserves, then a million pound move to Southampton, followed by 7 million to Liverpool and starring in a World Cup.