Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Draconian Moderators!

I''ll be suprised if this gets through, and I''d welcome the mods imput.

Okay, yes I''ve had posts blocked on here today for piffling reasons imo, and I know others have too. We''ve discussed this on other web sites today so I know I''m not alone here.

So I will simply ask what everyone is scared to ask:   Is Archant in bed with the club?.

My own thought is yes, most certainly they are, anything which criticise Delia or the board too much will be pulled on this message board by the moderators............probably even this.

Come on, deny this is the case Archant. Has the club been bleating to you?...............and if so, what is the new moderating policy on here?[:|]

No we''re not in bed with the club. No, no complaints from them - just we had another debate about publishing private messages amongst ourselves and made a decision that private correspondence should remain just that|.My reply here goes into more detail - http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1079751/ShowPost.aspx#1079878The moderation policy is pretty much as before (confused, muddled, unfair, etc), except that we won''t be publishing messages that are meant to be private.

explain your fascination with archant...im unsure as to your problem.don''t like their opinion?sometimes i don''t like yours yet i don''t start claiming that vince or whoever are in bed with you for letting you have an opinion. or are you jealous cos delia won''t sleep with you...?MWJ?

Wiz - your posts never cease to amaze me!  Have you ever considered that your posts might be breaking the rules of the forum?  Or, that Archant might feel that keeping the club on-side is going to be better for their business so they can get the latest news on the club, and therefore posting your views is going to harm that in any way?  If you have views which are not allowed to be expressed on here, then why not air them on the other boards that you mentioned in your post?

One final point - Why do you always think there is a massive conspiracy??

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''ll be suprised if this gets through, and I''d welcome the mods imput.

Okay, yes I''ve had posts blocked on here today for piffling reasons imo, and I know others have too. We''ve discussed this on other web sites today so I know I''m not alone here.

So I will simply ask what everyone is scared to ask:   Is Archant in bed with the club?.

My own thought is yes, most certainly they are, anything which criticise Delia or the board too much will be pulled on this message board by the moderators............probably even this.

Come on, deny this is the case Archant. Has the club been bleating to you?...............and if so, what is the new moderating policy on here?[:|]

[/quote]Wiz are you george galloway in disguise[:D]

My only observation on this is when I have posted on here containing a reference to an Archant journalist that part of the post had been deleted. There has been nothing offensive within the posts so wonder why they do this? Answers please  moderators.

[quote user="Loughborough Canary"]

One final point - Why do you always think there is a massive conspiracy??

[/quote]

But its not just me LC, because this sites is moderated, others includingf myself, have discussed this at length elsewhere, and its a shared opinion................not just mine!.[:|]

Well theres been no posts put up since teatime and its now 11pm so guess you''ve upset them Wiz [:D]

[quote user="The Sweeney"]

My only observation on this is when I have posted on here containing a reference to an Archant journalist that part of the post had been deleted. There has been nothing offensive within the posts so wonder why they do this? Answers please  moderators.

[/quote]

I''ve discovered that a reference to nurse beating is not allowed either!  

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="The Sweeney"]

[/quote]

I''ve discovered that a reference to nurse beating is not allowed either!  

[/quote]

Or pointing out quotes misattributed to Christine Keeler

Wiz / smudger / cluck why not come to a nice unmoderated board like wrathofthebarclay.com ? We''d love to have you guys around!

[quote user="lurd"]Wiz / smudger / cluck why not come to a nice unmoderated board like wrathofthebarclay.com ? We''d love to have you guys around![/quote]

Sorry mate, I don''t care for the layout on there, although I am registered with that site. I will just stay here and hammer away at the mods, they are wrong on this email lark imo, they only have to contact Doncaster and get his permission to publish  them.

How difficult is that?[:|]

[quote user="lurd"]Wiz / smudger / cluck why not come to a nice unmoderated board like wrathofthebarclay.com ? We''d love to have you guys around![/quote]

We''re needed here lurd......otherwise the sheep will take over the farmyard.......

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Sorry mate, I don''t care for the layout on there, although I am registered with that site. I will just stay here and hammer away at the mods, they are wrong on this email lark imo, they only have to contact Doncaster and get his permission to publish  them.

How difficult is that?[:|]

[/quote]For once I find myself agreeing with Wiz.  Wrath would get a lot more visitors if it adopted a similar look to this site, losing the forum tree which is just plain confusing and toned down the colours a bit.  In my opinion.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]No we''re not in bed with the club. No, no complaints from them - just we had another debate about publishing private messages amongst ourselves and made a decision that private correspondence should remain just that|.

My reply here goes into more detail - http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1079751/ShowPost.aspx#1079878

The moderation policy is pretty much as before (confused, muddled, unfair, etc), except that we won''t be publishing messages that are meant to be private.
[/quote]

So if that is cleared up now can we expect to see my letter about the protest in the paper tomorrow Vince???

I would say the answer to your question is a resounding yes WIZ, considering they have had an official e:mail about the protest since Sunday yet have still failed to print it in either of their papers yet.

[quote user="cityangel"]Well theres been no posts put up since teatime and its now 11pm so guess you''ve upset them Wiz [:D][/quote]

Think that is me that has possibly upset them CA... still failing to get an answer about when the protest e:mail will make it in to one of their papers...

Those at Archant still appear to be hiding from me.

It always happens when I post something really controversial... the messageboard freezes up for hours and hours.... [S] 

Coz I like to converse with people that can at least string a sentence together mate... WOTB is c**p!!!

I have been a member at WOTB also since about 2002, but rarely post there becuase it is just dull!!!

[quote user="Cluck"]

We''re needed here lurd......otherwise the sheep will take over the farmyard.......

[/quote]

He is being sarcastic Cluck... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Well theres been no posts put up since teatime and its now 11pm so guess you''ve upset them Wiz [:D][/quote]

Think that is me that has possibly upset them CA... still failing to get an answer about when the protest e:mail will make it in to one of their papers...

It always happens when I post something really controversial... the messageboard freezes up for hours and hours.... [S] 

[/quote]

Archant are not exactly bound by law to give someone an answer about when their letter/e-mail will get published.

The world does not owe you a living Smudger. I suggest you try and get over yourself.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

He is being sarcastic Cluck... [;)]

[/quote]

So was I......         [:)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Haven''t seen any letters in the EEN from you Mark or this Ben  but there was a good long letter in the Readers Soapbox from young Arthur Whittle tonight.

[quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]Such a shame.. For what it''s worth, I think ''Cluck'' is a brilliant troll. Never lets his guard down, never drops the character, always manages to get a pop out of someone.Classic. Just cant believe so many people rise to it. 

[quote user="2nd Wizard"]
Such a shame..

For what it''s worth, I think ''Cluck'' is a brilliant troll.

Never lets his guard down, never drops the character, always manages to get a pop out of someone.

Classic. Just cant believe so many people rise to it. 
[/quote]

Hello you pale and inferior imitation you....................again![:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

So if that is cleared up now can we expect to see my letter about the protest in the paper tomorrow Vince???[/quote]

So has this letter of Smudger''s been printed yet cause we''re all dying to read it.

[quote user="2nd Wizard"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Such a shame..

For what it''s worth, I think ''Cluck'' is a brilliant troll.

Never lets his guard down, never drops the character, always manages to get a pop out of someone.

Classic. Just cant believe so many people rise to it. 
[/quote]

I thank you!.....although I see myself more as a cartoon villain than a "troll"....but either way they love me really (at least Alex wants to come out on a date anyway  [:$] ). They''d all be lost without the lovable Cluck to abuse in truth...and at least it takes their microscopic mentalities away from the pending relegation issue for a moment or two.....