Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Why protests are bound to fail.

Before I start, lets put a few things to sleep. I am not a sheep, apologist, deliarite, happy clapper, pro/anti board or any of the things that we get called by the more extreme posters on this site, I''m simply one of the older fans of NCFC who has seen more than most on here and try to give a balanced view when I do post and also try to add a little humour in these dire times.

I don''t think protests planned for the 24th have a cat in hells chance of working and to make things worse, their failure will STRENGTHEN the boards position because the message they will get is that the vast majority of fans are behind them and therefore are happy with them !

Why won''t they work ?

Football fans by their very nature, go to a game expecting their team to play well and hoping they win. By the 24th Nov. it will be three weeks since they saw the Ipswich game and only two days later, Watford so they will be hungry to see a football match. Add to that, there will be new players on view, (Pattison has already signed and more are expected).  So, around 24,000 fans will be turning up for the Coventry game in a very optimistic frame of mind.

As these fans approach the ground they will be met by smudger and canary ben and their supporters chanting anti-Delia and board slogans (and worse). There will be husbands with their wives and fathers with their sons along with the normal lads and lasses simply there to watch a football match. Both protesters and ordinary fans will probably have had a couple of beers on the way so the situation will be (to put it mildly) inflamable. And if the Canaries win, then the protesters will be laughed at as the fans leave the ground. And all the while in view of the TV cameras if  canary ben is as good as his word.

Now, on to the protesters themselves.

We have two protests one led by smudger and one by canary ben (or his mate). Smudger, by his own admission, didn''t want to lead his protest but was pushed into it by arthur whittle which is verified in the ''Delia'' thread. Having decided to go ahead, up pops canary ben to announce a second protest. Why he decided that smudgers protest was not enough or maybe he could organise a better one, only he can explain. however, having now got two protests on our hands surely it would have been in everybody''s best interests for them to get together and sort it out rather than just undermine each other.

In conclusion I think that both of these ''organised'' protests are doomed to failure and the message that the board of NCFC will get is that only a FEW supporters are unhappy with the current regime and we all know that is not true. On the day, the failure of these protests will only mirror what happens on this board on a daily basis The fact is, NOBODY is happy with things as they are at the moment and if things aren''t turned around in the near future then SPONTANEOUS protests will occur (as suggested by wiz) in another thread. 

We have two protests one led by smudger and one by canary ben (or his mate). Smudger, by his own admission, didn''t want to lead his protest but was pushed into it by arthur whittle which is verified in the ''Delia'' thread

does this make smudger a sheep?

very good post lappin, besides, how many people voted against delia at the AGM. 7 wasn''t it. Says it all.

[quote user="Rossi"]how many people voted against delia at the AGM. 7 wasn''t it. Says it all.[/quote]

Err? no it doesn''t Rossi, that vote was by attending shareholders, and approx 35% of those who voted never go to games anyway. That still leaves 23.000 who didn''t have a say mate!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Damn! I''m in agreement with you lappin..............thats got to be a first!.[;)][/quote]I''m getting very worried wiz. You agreeing with me, yesterday smudger laughed at one of my jokes and even arthur has been nice to me lately.! Maybe I''m getting soft in my old age   [W]

Got to go, the wifes calling (just sent her out to change the oil in the car ). Now where''d I put that lager !

Lappin wrote:

Before I start, lets put a few things to sleep. I am not a sheep, apologist, deliarite, happy clapper, pro/anti board............................... 

Sorry Lappin old chap, but that''s not for you to decide.

[:-*]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Lappin wrote:

Before I start, lets put a few things to sleep. I am not a sheep, apologist, deliarite, happy clapper, pro/anti board............................... 

OTBC

[/quote]

He is BlyBly....I''ve decided....and furthermore I am unanimous in that....

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Lappin wrote:

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]Honest mister. I''m not.    [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Lappin wrote:

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]Honest mister. I''m not.    [;)][/quote]

Ooooooh yes you are......[;)]

Lappin wrote:

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh yes it is. (Well it is the pantomime season)[:)]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Lappin wrote:

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh no he''s not [:)][:D]

Lappinitup:

Please stop making such sense.  It''s enough to get you thrown off this board (and you clearly have too much sense for the other board, while we''re on the subject).

As for the "protests", I think you''ll get bigger crowds assembling to watch Puppet Man.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Lappin wrote:

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]Ooooooh no I''m not.......[:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Lappin wrote:

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]Ooooooh no I''m not.......[:D][/quote]

Are too......  [:D]

Great thread.

To Lappinitup, totally agree with your post but.....the protests on the 24th are doomed to failure, yes probably.  The only way this can possibly work is if the Smudger and Canary Ben protests link up and then carry it on.  No use just protesting once and thinking OK thats it, it has to continue game after game, then we can all sit back and watch the snowball effect.

This will work, it has to...it''s our only throw of the dice...the only voice we have.....

And finally.....look out, Clucks behind you......

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Rossi"]how many people voted against delia at the AGM. 7 wasn''t it. Says it all.[/quote]

Err? no it doesn''t Rossi, that vote was by attending shareholders, and approx 35% of those who voted never go to games anyway. That still leaves 23.000 who didn''t have a say mate!.[:|]

[/quote]

sorry wiz, but i''d love to believe your fantasy - fact is, in business, shareholders speak volumes and consumers speak waffle. the whole Worthy saga is testament to that. As sad it is is, in the world of money and football, the income that season ticket holders put in through ticket sales is the same as a few home matches on TV. The board may be custodians of our fine club, and apparantly act on our behalf, but the fact is the few that sit in the comfy seats appear to have a big influence in the club. You know the ones, those that cant even be bothered to stand during the pre match OTBC let alone join in were the only people in the world to think Worthy should stay nearly a season before eveyone else had called time. and you think they listen to the fans?

Delia will only ever call time when her spin machine can guarantee her a fine exit, until then nearly every season ticket holder might as well cover their shirt in brown sugar and eat it cos the club really dont care, anything else is pure fantasy, and the nore the crowd call for the boards head the least likely her departure.

Lappin wrote:

OTBC

[/quote]

Lol! [:D]