Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Could Billy Sharp be Roeder's Man

Is this wishful thinking?

Just seen him on Soccer AM, he doesnt sound to happy at the moment and he fits Roeder''s descrition - recent big money move, young, point to prove. You never know!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Didn''t roeder say that the player was a premier league player.[/quote]

I think he did, in which case Dave Nugent sounds much more likely esp as Portsmouth seem to have more strikers than they know what to do with!

[quote user="Eeeh Rat Fans"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Didn''t roeder say that the player was a premier league player.[/quote]

I think he did, in which case Dave Nugent sounds much more likely esp as Portsmouth seem to have more strikers than they know what to do with!

[/quote]

Nugent is being linked with a big money move to Derby, can''t see him coming here over that.  He would want a chance to prove he was worthy of the Premiership, a move here would be like admitting he was not.  Of course if he did go to Derby a certain buck toothed little troll look-a-like would be another step down the pecking order there and might be tempted to swallow his pride for a first team place....Now that would make for an interesting reception from the snake pit.

I think its Harewood, hasn''t even been on the bench for Villa and was bought in July 2007 for £4m so fits in with what Roeder said.

HA HA HA HA HA DAvid Nugent!!!  you guys are the most deluded people ever!! Why the hell would a £7m England International striker even think twice about signing for the worst side in the championship??

Nugent would be amazing but...

He''s played 7 out of 13 games, and I don''t think Pompy have that much cover in attack...

On the other hand he hasn''t score yet has he??

So possible loan to get his confidence infront of goal back??

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="Eeeh Rat Fans"]

[/quote]

Nugent is being linked with a big money move to Derby, can''t see him coming here over that.  He would want a chance to prove he was worthy of the Premiership, a move here would be like admitting he was not.  Of course if he did go to Derby a certain buck toothed little troll look-a-like would be another step down the pecking order there and might be tempted to swallow his pride for a first team place....Now that would make for an interesting reception from the snake pit.

[/quote]

Portsmouth may want to get him match fit and in form so that they can sell him to Derby for BIG money come Jan 1st - just a thought

I dont think Harewood fits that descriptin- unless Roeder is being funny when he says its a young striker...

Billy Sharp does not have a 1 in 3 goal scoring record. He is also not a Premiership player.

I think it is Marlon Harewood. West Ham had injuries and his goal scoring record is around 1 in 3.

[quote user="On the Roeder nowhere..."]

Billy Sharp does not have a 1 in 3 goal scoring record. He is also not a Premiership player.

I think it is Marlon Harewood. West Ham had injuries and his goal scoring record is around 1 in 3.

[/quote]

We don''t know that the 1 in 3 prem strtiker is the one roeder was referring to yesterday. Yesterday he made no mention of his premiership credentials, just saying he was young, cost money and had a point to prove. I reckon it''s a different man.