Sign in to follow this  
london Canary

earnshaw....yes or no?

simple question, just suppose Earnshaw is avaible for around 2million after derby buy big in january.......Would you have him back yes or no?

Just wondering what poeple thought, and would he get a good reception. I personal would like him back just for his goals as i''m sure he would get us out of this mess, but i no longer like the guy after he completly stabbed us in the back.

[quote user="london Canary"]

simple question, just suppose Earnshaw is avaible for around 2million after derby buy big in january.......Would you have him back yes or no?

Just wondering what poeple thought, and would he get a good reception. I personal would like him back just for his goals as i''m sure he would get us out of this mess, but i no longer like the guy after he completly stabbed us in the back.

[/quote]

From a football point of view - yes quite happily.  However morrally the answer is no - he should be left to rot in their reserves

A big NO for me. How he left in the summer and got his agent to inform derby of his release clause cost us a couple of million. I am pretty sure he would never come back here anyway.

I think you''ve you''ve answered your own question, he''d be an idiot to come back. I really do not understand why he ever went to Derby for ( other than the money of course ). All his " all I want to do is just play football " ....what a load of crap !

No,

He''s not a team player and helped contribute to our decline as a footballing TEAM, as our whole strategy seemed to revolve around him and to a lesser extent Hucks.

He''s looked dire recently for Derby (when he''s even managed to get selected), and seemed totally disinterested in putting any effort in. If he can''t motivate himself at the bottom club in the Prem on good money, why would he be any better at the bottom club in the Championship?

He can stay at Derby as far as I''m concerned, particularly after his comments about loving playing for us and then promptly leaving like a shot as soon as an offer came in for him (not to mention his insistence on the release clause).

Indy.

No thanks, I don''t think it will be him anyway, physical presence will be the order of the day and Earnie wouldn''t have that even if he lived in Lilliput.

Definitely yes.

Was gutted when he left as he''s the best goalscorer you''ll get in this league at the moment. I don''t have any grudges against him either, can''t blame him for leaving when it was obvious Norwich weren''t going anywhere under a bad manager and he had a shot at Premiership football.

I can''t believe how many people are saying no.

We''re bottom of the league, struggling to score goals and people would say no to a striker who is very prolific at this level and will score goals in a team that''s playing badly.

Unbelievable.

GJP, mate you say you cant believe how many people are saying no but he was so overated how many chances did he miss in the championship last season for us??? no height, no strength weve got cureton for that we need a tall player with strength to play with cureton, look what he did last season with chris iwelumo. He was awesome.

[quote user="GJP"]

We''re bottom of the league, struggling to score goals and people would say no to a striker who is very prolific at this level and will score goals in a team that''s playing badly.

Unbelievable.[/quote]Cureton was very prolific last season - when he was getting good supply from his midfield and striker partner, yet when that supply isn''t there, he''s struggling to perform.

What Roeder is trying to do is get the TEAM as a whole performing, as against trying to rely on 1 or 2 individuals to win matches. All teams have had to do in recent years is keep the shackles on Hucks and Earnie/Ashton, and we''ve not looked like scoring.

As for the fact that Earnie scores for teams playing badly, maybe he did for us, but what has he done so far this season at Derby? He''s struggled to even get a first team place ahead of ''top class'' players like Howard and Fagan, and when he has played, he''s looked like one of the worst players on the pitch. In a recent game after coming on as a sub, he even managed to blast the ball all the way out of Pride Park recently when just outside the area, and was promptly subbed off...

I work with a Derby fan who has said that he feels that we''ve mugged them with Earnie as he''s never seen such a lazy, uncommitted player in a long time. Much the same attitude as he was showing for us towards the end.

Sorry, but Earnie is not the answer, and I''d much rather we spent whatever funds are available on developing a better long-term squad, than lining the pockets of that mercenary.

[quote user="city boy 4 life"]GJP, mate you say you cant believe how many people are saying no but he was so overated how many chances did he miss in the championship last season for us??? no height, no strength weve got cureton for that we need a tall player with strength to play with cureton, look what he did last season with chris iwelumo. He was awesome.[/quote]

How is Earnshaw overrated?

Everyone knows his limitations, outside the the final third/outside the penalty box he''s not a brilliant footballer.

But everyone knows that Robert Earnshaw is money in the bank when it comes to scoring goals in this league. He''s also far more likely to come up with a goal from nothing than Jamie Cureton is.

Also who really cares who many chances he missed, did you not take any notice at all of how many goals he scored???

Yes if he stops us getting relgated then the time is not for being proud because he kicked up a fuss, he is a goal scorer and that all that matters.

I liked him when he was here but he''s not what we need right now, not big or strong enough, and who''s to say he would be as good if he came back. We need a big strong team player up front who''s prepared to dig in, Earnie doesnt fit the bill.

[quote user="GJP"]

Unbelievable.

[/quote]

People are saying no because they have good memories. Earny did not give two s*ts about NCFC when he came here or left. Money money money. No loyalty at all.

That is a big fat NO from me too

easy answer, YES

some supports are just being stupid if they say no, so he left in the summer most people would leave their job for a much better paid one!

it wont happen, but id love him back!

x

Can''t see the midget being happy with League One if the Chamionship wasn''t good enough.....

[quote user="Ian Shimmen"]some supports are just being stupid if they say no[/quote]

Outrageous statement to make.

You feel that if someone doesn''t agree with your viewpoint they are stupid?

How narrow minded can you be to others opinions...

Not much point coming onto a forum if you''re simply going to slate anyone who disagrees with you.

I wouldn''t have him back, and I stand by my opinion, how about showing more tolerance for other posters???

No, His contract terms cost the club a lot of money,and his departure wrecked whatever team building plans Peter Grant may of had.

He wouldn''t be welcome back by me.2 million could be better spent elsewhere.

Why are people so anti him?  Yes he left, and isn''t exactly what we need... But he would all but guarantee goals... His service wasn''t much better last season and he still scored plenty.. Anyone who scores goals would be a good signing.  He''s done it all his career, whereas Cureton has only done it in patches.  I don''t think it would be him anyway.

Some people say well he didnt care, well as far as I''m concerned he would not look out of place as only 1 or 2 of the current players seem to care themselves!