Sign in to follow this  
Old Shuck

Its Not Earnshaw-Its Nugent (?)

Just struck me as a possibility.

We need a striker, someone proven at this level who has scored goals and knows what its all about.

Roeder has spoken of getting someone in on loan who is young, has move to the Prem for good money, but hasn''t had much of a look in, is therefore hungry and wants to prove himself....

I reckon that might be David Nugent at Portsmouth. Ticks a lot of boxes and would work well with Cureton.

He may well not be someone we could ever sign-but we did well to get Peter Crouch''s career back on track, or rather, he did with us, maybe Nugent might think he has the same opportunity to do so with us and get into the Pompey side or do enough to get a move?

Your Botl and not an attractive proposition! Everyone knows what Nugent is capable of at this level so he doesnt need to prove anything, if Harry decided he should go out and get some matches under his belt, do you not think there would ab at leadt 10 other teams in this league in for him ,who are far more attractive?

Nobody wants to play in a side that losed every week!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

We need a striker, someone proven at this level who has scored goals and knows what its all about.

Roeder has spoken of getting someone in on loan who is young, has move to the Prem for good money, but hasn''t had much of a look in, is therefore hungry and wants to prove himself....

I reckon that might be David Nugent at Portsmouth. Ticks a lot of boxes and would work well with Cureton.

He may well not be someone we could ever sign-but we did well to get Peter Crouch''s career back on track, or rather, he did with us, maybe Nugent might think he has the same opportunity to do so with us and get into the Pompey side or do enough to get a move?

[/quote]

That would be fantastic. He is an England international also. 1 game, 1 goal.

im telling you its stokes from sunderland

forget nugent you dreamers. dont you think that derby or someone BIG in this league would want him? HE WOULD NEVER COME HERE.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

Agreed, could well be him Shuck, he does tick all the boxes, and afterall it''s not going to be a permanant move so Nugent wouldn''t have anything to lose.

You could equally say that Taylor and Pattison could have gone to other clubs.

And that with Lee Clarke being as highly rated a coach as he is, he might have waited for a better offer before leaving the security of Newcastle United.

Chelsea would recall Jimmy Smith and send him elsewhere.

We are quick to have a go at the club for not thinking out of the box, so lets not say, especially on a guess, that someone "wouldn''t want to come here"-thats echoing what we don''t like the club to think!

It may well be David Cotterill who we tried to get before, until Wigan stepped in-same sort of situation.

If we have decided that we are crap and that no-one is going to come here, then we might as well all give up now.

I did hear this as a rumour a week or so ago, but it was when the strong Ameobi rumours were doing the rounds and didn''t really give it too much thought - now more have heard/thought it a possibility perhaps there''s something in it?  It certainly would be a surprise, and also a pretty good move to see us to Jan (though what happens then?  I am sure external money will be forthcoming, but that is not for this thread) - he clearly has something to offer/prove.

Well said, Old Shuck.

I doubt it''s Cotterill as without a manager at Wigan nobody would authorise a deal.  Ditto Billy Sharp, as I don''t think Sheffield United would loan him to a rival club albeit at a different end of the table.

Ashley Stokes - maybe.  Nugent - more likely, I think.  And let''s not forget that screamer he scored for England, goal of the month if I''ve ever seen one.

I can see it being Nugent, Harry knows Roeder, and probably doesnt want to see the investment he made in Nugent go down the drain, he comes here for a month, scores a few goals, everyone is reminded that oh yeah Nugent has just been unlucky and is actually one of the best young strikers around.

I can''t see it being Stokes as he has played quite a few games this season, if you were looking at a striker from Sunderland, i would direct you to Connolly, good scoring record, not playing this season.

I cant really see Aston Villa letting anyone go, because their squad is so small.

[quote user="breaker2"]

I can see it being Nugent, Harry knows Roeder, and probably doesnt want to see the investment he made in Nugent go down the drain, he comes here for a month, scores a few goals, everyone is reminded that oh yeah Nugent has just been unlucky and is actually one of the best young strikers around.

I can''t see it being Stokes as he has played quite a few games this season, if you were looking at a striker from Sunderland, i would direct you to Connolly, good scoring record, not playing this season.

I cant really see Aston Villa letting anyone go, because their squad is so small.

[/quote]yeah -harry knows roeder and probably has sympathy for him - could be nugent??

yeah true about the squad being small, how old is harewood?? i just really dont think nugent would want to come to us. i well hope im wrong though would be such an awesome signing!!

You think Redknapp''s going to let Nugent go with the African Cup of Nations coming up? Nah, can''t see it.

The African Cup of nations does not start til the 20th of January, the teams will be out before hand for around 1-2weeks, as Pompey have both Utaka and Kanu in the Nigeria squad, it would leave them with just Nugent and Benjani as attackers.  But i dont think we are suggesting signing Nugent permanently, and from now til the first of January is around 5-6 weeks, so it would be possible to loan Nugent for around 8 weeks max. unless Redknapp signs any other attacking options. 8 weeks could be enough time for Nugent to bag a hatful of goals, see us playing decent football and moving out of the relegation zone.