Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Israel v Russia

Yeah, at the end of this season of likely disappointment, spent watching players who ought to be good enough to win games play like a bunch of muppets at FCR, all we need to make next summer perfect  would be the chance to watch overpaid wasters in England shirts fail to achieve at a major tournament.

its a sewn up done deal as far as i''m concerned, russki''s only have to turn up - expect to see israel turn in a NCFC style ''no show.''just as in 78 WC - probably scots will be in the finals and we''ll be watching from the comfort of out lounges on TV.

[quote user="ricky knight"]more chance of finding a pork chop in a synagogue.[/quote]

Oh what a joyful soul you are Ricky. What do you discuss around the Christmas tree....too much wrapping paper?

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

Yeah, at the end of this season of likely disappointment, spent watching players who ought to be good enough to win games play like a bunch of muppets at FCR, all we need to make next summer perfect  would be the chance to watch overpaid wasters in England shirts fail to achieve at a major tournament.

[/quote]

Yeah, I actually think it''d do them good not to qualify, just to make them realise what a bunch of money grabbing bar-stewards they are.

Hopefully Scotland will qualify too just to put another dent in their pride (what they have of it).

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]more chance of finding a pork chop in a synagogue.[/quote]

Oh what a joyful soul you are Ricky. What do you discuss around the Christmas tree....too much wrapping paper?

[/quote]

I discuss reality[:D]

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Hopefully Scotland will qualify too just to put another dent in their pride (what they have of it).

[/quote]

Not looking too likely now, losing 1 nil at half time. I bet PG is pleased.....

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You better start looking for that pork chop then.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]its a sewn up done deal as far as i''m concerned, russki''s only have to turn up - expect to see israel turn in a NCFC style ''no show.''just as in 78 WC - probably scots will be in the finals and we''ll be watching from the comfort of out lounges on TV.

[/quote]wrong with the scots - hopefully wrong with israel/ruski too!!!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You better start looking for that pork chop then.

[/quote]Haha. *crosses fingers*

just shows theres no justice in the world... Scotland out after such an amazing fight all the way through, taking points in places they wouldn''t be expected to, how sad they go out while englands overpaid wastes have just been given a lifeline. ah well, thats the way of the world and footballl, i''m half scottish half english so i guess i can''t complain to much. looks like i will have to wait for a dream final of england vs scotland.

[quote user="Polar1990"]just shows theres no justice in the world... Scotland out after such an amazing fight all the way through, taking points in places they wouldn''t be expected to, how sad they go out while englands overpaid wastes have just been given a lifeline. ah well, thats the way of the world and footballl, i''m half scottish half english so i guess i can''t complain to much. looks like i will have to wait for a dream final of england vs scotland.
[/quote]

The English players are most certainly overpaid - and most of ''em wasters to boot.

But do I need to remind you where most of the Scottish players ply their trade? [;)]

Scotland were in what was arguably the toughest group - they overachieved - they''re out - get over it.

The evening gets better...

The mighty Macedonia have beaten Croatia 2-0, so all England need to finish top of the group is a two goal clear victory against the Swabians. [:D]

Finishing top of the group will put England in better stead for the Finals draw.

Why is there no justice?  Scotland did not get enough points to qualify - England still can.

And are the Scots not in the same leagues and on the same wages as the English (or they play for Rangers and Celtic which amounts to the same thing).

Utter nonsense.

[quote user="Polar1990"]just shows theres no justice in the world... Scotland out after such an amazing fight all the way through, taking points in places they wouldn''t be expected to, how sad they go out while englands overpaid wastes have just been given a lifeline. ah well, thats the way of the world and footballl, i''m half scottish half english so i guess i can''t complain to much. looks like i will have to wait for a dream final of england vs scotland.
[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Why is there no justice?  Scotland did not get enough points to qualify - England still can.

And are the Scots not in the same leagues and on the same wages as the English (or they play for Rangers and Celtic which amounts to the same thing).

Utter nonsense.

[quote user="Polar1990"]just shows theres no justice in the world... Scotland out after such an amazing fight all the way through, taking points in places they wouldn''t be expected to, how sad they go out while englands overpaid wastes have just been given a lifeline. ah well, thats the way of the world and footballl, i''m half scottish half english so i guess i can''t complain to much. looks like i will have to wait for a dream final of england vs scotland.[/quote]

[/quote]Theres no justice because look how Scotland have performed throughout the campaign, yes they''ve been very lucky and yesterday their luck ran out but if points were awarded for passion and effort as well as the way a team plays scotland would qualify and england wouldn''t. don''t get me wrong i''m glad england have a chance, but i also think that with the amount of match winners they have they''ve been as lucky as scotland, look at their performances.yes its football, but after the way scotland have played its hard on them to go out. look at their fans as well, we''ve spent most of the time booing our players.

As a member of the tribe myself I would say it depends which synagogue you look in (as some Liberal Jews do eat pork - but IMO they''re naughty boys for doing so)  [;)].  Any way, well done Israel!  Let''s hope England prove themselves worthy of the second chance that''s been handed to them.

Well done Israel. And a huge big thankyou!

Unfortunately, I already see the once downhearted tacky England merchandising brigade, rubbing their pudgy finger''s with glee......Preparing themselves in readiness to churn out the flags, banners, hats, T-shirts, Polo shirts, badges, pins, scarves etc, and the predictable mugs, (aren''t we all?) in eager anticipation of a ''required result'' on Wednesday.

Anyone seen any Easter eggs on the supermarket shelves, yet?

The FA, make our board of Directioneers'' and Cheap Exec, look competent.......[:|]

I do have sympathy for Ecosse, I have many work colleagues'' from over the border.....

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]its a sewn up done deal as far as i''m concerned, russki''s only have to turn up - expect to see israel turn in a NCFC style ''no show.''

just as in 78 WC - probably scots will be in the finals and we''ll be watching from the comfort of out lounges on TV.

[/quote]Did you want to rethink that one?...........Hindsight is wonderfull ;-))))))))

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="shyster"]

Finishing top of the group will put England in better stead for the Finals draw.

[/quote]

The draw for the finals could well be a strange affair.

There will be four groups of four whish presumably will mean four pots of seeds numbered one to four. The hosts and the holders are traditionally top seeds so that means Austria, Switzerland and Greece in pot one along with one other. I would imagine that would probably be Italy as they are current world champions and the highest European team in the FIFA rankings.

Based on FIFA world rankings (in brackets), recent performances at major tournaments and assuming there are no major shocks on Wednesday I would imagine that the rest of the pots would look something like this.

Pot 2 - Germany (5), France (4), Portugal (8), Holland (7)

Pot 3 - Spain (6), Czech Rep (9), Croatia (10), England (11)

Pot 4 - Romania (12), Poland (20), Sweden (24), Turkey (28)

So we could end up in a group with Italy, Germany and Romania [U] or Austria, Holland and Turkey [B]. So we either get knocked out in the first round or squeeze through to the knock out phase and get beaten on penalties by the first half decent team we encounter.

There''s a part of me that thinks it would have been better for us if we didn''t qualify in the hope that some serious questions would be asked of the FA. On the other hand how could I cope without the biannual  exclusive interview with John Terry/Steven Gerrard/Frank Lampard/Random Over Paid and Over Rated Waster telling me that it is our destiny to won the tournament because he''ll be wearing exactly the same colour underwear that Bobby Moore wore in 1966........or something.

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="JC"]

Utter nonsense.

[quote user="Polar1990"]just shows theres no justice in the world... Scotland out after such an amazing fight all the way through, taking points in places they wouldn''t be expected to, how sad they go out while englands overpaid wastes have just been given a lifeline. ah well, thats the way of the world and footballl, i''m half scottish half english so i guess i can''t complain to much. looks like i will have to wait for a dream final of england vs scotland.[/quote]

[/quote]Theres no justice because look how Scotland have performed throughout the campaign, yes they''ve been very lucky and yesterday their luck ran out but if points were awarded for passion and effort as well as the way a team plays scotland would qualify and england wouldn''t. don''t get me wrong i''m glad england have a chance, but i also think that with the amount of match winners they have they''ve been as lucky as scotland, look at their performances.yes its football, but after the way scotland have played its hard on them to go out. look at their fans as well, we''ve spent most of the time booing our players.[/quote]I''m sorry, but Scotland only have themselves to blame, nothing to do with luck at all, that first goal they let in, the defending was worse than Norwich.