Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Sad News - Graham Paddon dies

My all-time Canary Hero. This is indeed a very sad day. My deepest condolences to his family. Saturday will be a time to recall all the wonderful memories Graham gave me as I stood and chanted his name in the 70s - I was a teenager at the time but have never forgotten the thrill of his play making.

RIP 

R.I.P Graham. My thoughts are with your family on this sad day. A true legend and a gentleman.

HG wrote :- "And fuzzyfelt doesnt deserve your stupid protest. Show some respect and call it off. "

I agree HG, anything other than total respect on Saturday would be totally misplaced and extremely untimely, as too was Graham''s death.

R.I.P. Graham and thanks for all the memories and the good things you did for Norwich City.

Sad News...one of my first footballing heroes and reasons for following NCFC when I moved to Norfolk in the early 70s. He put confidence, style and excitement into the game at Carrow Road, oh that he were here today.

God Bless ya, sir!

well before my time but a hell of a player from what i hear/Read.... he looked a bit liek a cavalier, a cavalier footballer too perhaps?

Rest in peace and lets raise the roof for him on Saturday, with a bit of luck the players will win for his memory too!

jas :)

What a sad day.  Graham Paddon was one of my 2 childhood heroes along with Kevin Keelan and he played in the first Norwich match I ever saw in 1972.  Fantastic memories - none more so than the fantastic 35 yard thunderbolt he scored that always appeared on the start of "Match Of The Week".

Deepest sympathies to his family - a true Canary great.

I well remember the ''heady'' days of Graham Paddon, when we were newcomers to the then 1st Division. His flowing blond hair and cultured left foot were easily recognised. He went on to ply his trade at West Ham and, I believe, score in the Cup Final for them. We''ve rairly had a player, since then, that could not only hit a 60 yard pass but also strike a 30 yarder into the roof of the net. What Glenn Roeder could do with a Graham Paddon and his old cohort, Mick McGuire, controlling our midfield now! (Strangely, given our visitors this weekend, both with links to Coventry City) Condolences to his family.

I would echo the sentiments of others at this sad news.  Graham was one of the key members of the City side when I first got introduced to football by my Dad in the days when football seemed an altogether more genuine game played by altogether more genuine and commited individuals.  A sad day and my thoughts go to his family.

57 years of age - no age at all - such a shock and condolonces to his family for a man who will never be forgotten by so many supporters

It''s a sad day. He was my first football hero. What a left foot, and could he hit a ball. He had culture, those glorious long passes Tony Currie style. Then when he dipped his head and let fly with one of his trade mark screamers. He stood out on the field with his long blonde hair. His first spell he was something of flamboyant youngster, his second he read the game even better, could put his foot on the ball when needed, outherwise bomb forward, charging at the heart of defence.

As it''s been already said, what for a midfield of Mick McGuire and Graham Paddon today. Class!!

Graham Paddon. What a star. We started our own junior team, Kings Road Rangers, in Bungay in 1971 and played our games on Bungay Common amongst the rabbit currants and pot-holes. To try and get some funds to improve our lot we held a charity game against Bedingfield Eagles (I think) from Halesworth and Mick our manager invited Graham along to try and bolster the attendance. At the time City were in the first promotion season to the top division and Graham Paddon was the name on everybody''s lips - golden hair, thunderous left-foot dead-ball kicks and his superb long throws! As if he''d turn up on Bungay Common on a wet Sunday afternoon. But sure enough, there he was. A crowd of over 500 swarmed around him and he signed each and every autograph, watched our match and shook our hands at the end, smiling and chatting to all around. I never forgot that day and I never will. And I''ll think of it as I stand at Carrow Road on Saturday with his picture I had stuck on my bedroom wall held high. Deepest condolancies to his family and friends but be comforted in the warmth and respect for one of our greats. OTBC

[:(] Verry sorry to heard the sad news of Grham Paddon passing away. I remember him beginning his career at Highfield Road  coming from a very successful youth team which included the likes of Dennis Mortimer.I never understood why he was sold, so much potential.

My sympathy to his family.

If there''s a team of eleven

Playing in Heavan

They just got a star for the squad

He has talent and skill

A left foot that will thrill

And the manager''s name is GOD

Respect.

[quote user="25overpar"]

If there''s a team of eleven

Playing in Heaven

They just got a star for the squad

He has talent and skill

A left foot that will thrill

And the manager''s name is GOD

Respect.

[/quote]

Lovely and touching 25overpar - respect to you too.

Such upsetting news, rest in peace Graham, a true Norwich City legend [:(]

Very sad news. I have followed the Canaries since 1972 and Paddon was a truly tremendous player,

one of the very best, that ever played for City.
Thank you for the wonderfull memories.

My thoughts are with his family

Nicosia, Cyprus supporter

One of my first heros and a true legend. one of  citys greatest ever players and all for £20,000 as a teenager.Will never forget the stunning hat trick at highbury the belter against Blackpool or the 35 yarder against Man city that nearly broke the net..Condolances to all the family, we will all pay our respects on Saturday, and although it is time to protest against the board, lets leave it until next time and just roar the lot we have now(none of whom could even lace Grahams boots)to 3 pts on Saturday in his memory.

Paddon for England 

A true great and one of the best we have ever had and I consider myself privileged to have have watched him grace Carrow Road as a child. 

A sad day and a great loss. 

Very sad news, a part of my childhood died today. Oh those days standing at the front of the south dtand to see Graham whizzing by, long hair flowing behind.

Thoughts to his family, and a minutes applause would be better than silence.

Very sad news about a true Canary Legend. After Tommy Bryceland, Graham was my next Canary hero along with Big Dunc and Kevin Keelan. Who will ever forget those great left foot free kicks from outside the box or that famous hat trick at Highbury and I can never recall him missing a penalty either.

Lets retire the number ten shirt in his honour.

R.I.P

Very sad news indeed.

I still remember the thunderbolt he put past Gordon Banks in our first season in Division 1.

He was a true Canaries legend and some of those great long range goals will live long in the memory

A sad day, had the passion,played his socks of for city.I to will be clapping on saturday, an all time great. THERES ONLY ONE GRAHAM PADDON we sang from the barcley lets sing it again on sat.

This is sad news indeed . Who will ever forget that wonderful left foot ? Not only that but he gave his all for the City . Rest in peace Graham .You lovely young man .arrdee.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Graham Paddon RIP

Far too young to have seen him in the yellow and green but a very sad day for the club

[/quote]

My thought too

RIP

I am shocked and saddened. I feel priveleged to have watched him many many times, a gifted player who always gave his utmost to the Canaries. He was a great great player who through his efforts and skill took Norwich to a new level which lasted many years.

What can one say except to pass on my respects to his family and assure them that he will always be remembered at Norwich City with fond affection.