Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Sad News - Graham Paddon dies

One of my first heroes as a City supporter - a shock and a real shame.   Thoughts are with his family on this sad day.  RIP Graham, thanks for all the fantastic memories.

Absolutely gutted by this.  Was an all time legend who would put todays lot to shame, both with his skill, professionalism (and fashion sense).  Sympathy and best wishes to all his family and friends.

It''s nearly 35 years to the day since we stood on the terraces at Highbury on a cold and wet November evening and watched Graham Paddon score a hat-trick with his magic left foot. We beat Arsenal 3-0 that night on our way to Wembley for the first time.

Great memories of a true Canary Great.

A sad day indeed; my Uncle and I often talk all things City, and his name came up in our conversations just a fortnight ago. Needless to say he went all misty eyed and began telling me with a smile on his face just how amazing he could be and how he''d bleed yellow and green.

Let''s hope we come away with three points on Saturday and a performance he''d have been proud of.

I feel truly priviliged to have seen this great player in the canaries strip in both his times with us and will also never forget his brilliant hat-trick at highbury [ it certainly was the highbury library that night ] he was indeed a true canaries legend . If there ever has been a better taker of penalties i have not seen them play he was a true genius and far more skillfull that a lot of fans realised [ someone half as good now would be a huge asset ] .............come on city  

What terrible news. A real hero from an era when we had a darned good side. His left foot was the best I have ever seen. I remember him hitting a free-kick from fully 35 yards out in one match and it was still rising when it hit the back of the net. The goalie never saw it. RIP Graham - you gave us some great times. 

I too was at that game NN and remember the raucous chortling from the Arsenal supporters before kick off when possible replay arrangements were broadcast over the Highbury Tannoy!

The ultimate riposte from a true City great. His performance in the first leg of the LC semi-final, although he did not score, was even more impressive. He literally ran the game singlehandedly.

Terrible news. An absolute star and a true Canary Legend. Ironic we should be playing Coventry on Saturday the side we bought him from. Thoughts to his family & friends.

RIP Graham, you will be sadly missed.

Graham Paddon was quite simply one of the very greatest ever to pull on our beloved shirt.  His fantastic left-foot, work rate, style will always live with me.  As part of the great 71-72 heroes he deserves every accolade paid to him.  This is a very very sad day for anyone who holds our Club close to their heart.  If you never saw him play I urge you to read all about him and join those of us who will honour him on Saturday with tears in our eyes.

Very sad news. R.I.P Graham.

Do you go to many games Alex seeing as you live in Preston? i''m residing in Accrington down the road from you.

Shocked and so sorry to hear this news. Deepest sympathy to his family. Like so many on here, will always remember him, especially those special goals he could score from outside the Penalty Area. Came to us as a teenager from Coventry, so Saturday will be a day to share with their supporters and applaud his memory. 

Rather puts into perspective what''s happening at the club presently. 

Before my time following the club, but can see from everyone''s reaction that he was held in high regard.

Best wishes to the family.

Very sad news, although I''m too young to have seen him play, I''m very aware of what he done for the club.

I think a minute''s applause is very fitting and appreciative.

R.I.P. Graham Paddon [:(]

Really shocked and saddened to see the news of his passing, particularly at such a young age. Pads was my first NCFC hero and leaves many wonderful memories

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

A player who deserves a minute''s silence before the Coventry game.

[/quote]

And fuzzyfelt doesnt deserve your stupid protest. Show some respect and call it off.

A true legend and terrible to die so young.