Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

No new left back

Anyone else concerned by a lack of a new left back,  Roeder is on verge of bringning in a second midfield player and a striker to come.  This is all great news and will no doubt improve the team.  Surely though  a left back should have been top of the list.  Hopefully Roeder will get one in before saturday.

Trouble is, we had problems at centre back, left back, centre midfield and striker.  Too many crap players and not enough time to replace them.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Anyone else concerned by a lack of a new left back,  Roeder is on verge of bringning in a second midfield player and a striker to come.  This is all great news and will no doubt improve the team.  Surely though  a left back should have been top of the list.  Hopefully Roeder will get one in before saturday.[/quote]I think the left back situation is the lesser of three evils. New midfielders and a striker need to come first.

I think that we should consider playing Shackell at left back with Doc and Dion in the middle as he''s naturally left footed, quick and offers additional height at offensive and defensive set pieces.

[quote user="shortfatb"]I think that we should consider playing Shackell at left back with Doc and Dion in the middle as he''s naturally left footed, quick and offers additional height at offensive and defensive set pieces.[/quote]

I''d go along with that sort of thing. I''d quite like to play the three centre backs with two wing backs - Semmy and Lapin are better pushing forward anyway.

We need to get loans in before Thursday, as thats the last day of the loan window, before jan 1st. We have pattison,taylor and smith so i think 2 more before Thursday, 1 of which is looking like Quashie, so the other will either be lb or an attacker, which ever is easier to get hold of i reckon.