Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

"Passion and Spirit Sadly Lacking"

One quibble - he blames Grant unfairly for the lack of footballing ability in the team. Grant signed about a dozen players, and of those only three look below average footballers in this league - Brown, Brellier and Murray. He also signed Cureton and Rusty, known quantities here with good records in this division; Otsemobor, Chadwick, Fotheringham and Smith, all players with better than par skill; Strihavka, who I''m convinced will show ability if he ever gets the chance, etc. The average skill level of the squad probably went up after these signings, though the fact that he lost 3 of our technically better players (2 of them unavoidably) offset that a bit. What didn''t go up, however, was team spirit, guts and leadership, though you can''t say that they were much in evidence before Grant came in. Those are the crucial missing ingredients, not skill. I think Roeder''s new signings show clearly that he undertands that, too - gutsy fighters with enough skill to do the job in hand.

[quote user="Old Boy"]One quibble - he blames Grant unfairly for the lack of footballing ability in the team. Grant signed about a dozen players, and of those only three look below average footballers in this league - Brown, Brellier and Murray. He also signed Cureton and Rusty, known quantities here with good records in this division; Otsemobor, Chadwick, Fotheringham and Smith, all players with better than par skill; Strihavka, who I''m convinced will show ability if he ever gets the chance, etc. The average skill level of the squad probably went up after these signings, though the fact that he lost 3 of our technically better players (2 of them unavoidably) offset that a bit. What didn''t go up, however, was team spirit, guts and leadership, though you can''t say that they were much in evidence before Grant came in. Those are the crucial missing ingredients, not skill. I think Roeder''s new signings show clearly that he undertands that, too - gutsy fighters with enough skill to do the job in hand.
[/quote]

agree with everything u say old boy apart from Murray. I rate him at CB and would def prefere him to Shackell..Murray has not let us down once at CB.I would like to c him form a partnership with Taylor.