Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

2 new loan signings this weekend.

Dont know who, but in addition to Stephenson being confirmed as coach, 2 loanees are all but done and dusted. Subject to being rubber stamped. I have no idea who they are, but we should find out soon.  

Quashie would be good,

I''m hopeful the young player could be Billy Sharp!......

...... Or Nani!!!!!!!

Ashton? if he''s come back from injury..would they risk putting him into a winning side just yet? or would they send him on loan to us? wish list lol

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Ashton? if he''s come back from injury..would they risk putting him into a winning side just yet? or would they send him on loan to us? wish list lol[/quote]What? After being booed in the pre-season game whenever he touched the ball, I don''t think so.

You have got to say, no matter who Roeder is getting in, hes doing far more to improve the team in a short space of time than Grant did, and it just goes to prove bringing in good loan players isnt so much of a challenge!

I would hope for Nugent and Quashie, then the spine of our team would be brought upto scratch. I dont know if itl be players so well known though, possibly Stokes and one other.

Im checking the net every 5 mins though trying to find out!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Quashie would be good,

I''m hopeful the young player could be Billy Sharp!......

...... Or Nani!!!!!!!

[/quote]Roeder has said it is a player from a prem club who has signed for a lot of money and not been given a chance, so it won''t be Sharp.

Roeder has impressed me greatly so far and I like a lot of the things I''m hearing, he has only taken a couple of weeks to discover that we don''t have the quality at the club to get out of trouble and is going flat out to do something about it. Grant seemed to concentrate all his efforts on 1 player and if that fell through he had no plan b, Roeder has obviously done his homework and has a list of alternatives if his original targets fall through. Taylor looks to be a very good signing and Pattison could well turn out to be decent, my main concern is that Taylors loan runs out in early December so we will be without him until the new year when I would hope we would either try and re loan him or buy him if possible.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Ashton? if he''s come back from injury..would they risk putting him into a winning side just yet? or would they send him on loan to us? wish list lol[/quote]

Whatever your drinking mate, I will have a pint of it as well.

Quashie would be great, always thought he was one who slipped away a few years back, much as I would liked to have seen Lee Clark play here a long time ago!

At least Glenn''s targets are people I have heard of! Encouraged, keep up the good work Glenn and your team.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]knowing our luck it''ll be Robert Fleck[/quote]

I assume you are meaning Fleck as he is now. A fit Flecky in his day would be better than any player in this league and would show more passion and commitment in 10 mins than the rest of our team would all season.