Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Cluck - It's Time To Put The Club Before Your Own Ego

The title is self-explanatory Cluck. You''ve had your fun up to now and, quite frankly, it appeared to suit your personality to get in the face of many others with name-calling and other antics. You''re not a fool, however, and you must realise that the same level of postings containing your worn rhetoric is not going to sit well at this point. No one can stop you continuing of course. No one except you yourself that is. So, how much do you love this club that you have supported since 1962. Love is an interesting word, isn''t it? My dictionary says it means "strong feeling of affection." When our loved ones in our families have tough times that''s the time they need support more than ever. In almost half a century our football club has never looked closer than going down to the third level. Not the end of the world of course, but, how much do we care? How much do you care?

The information coming out of the Board/majority shareholders is minimal at best at the moment. Possibly something positive is afoot that we are not currently aware of that could alleviate the concern of supporters. However, should that not be the case, it is worthwhile the fans considering what can be done to elevate their concerns and apply more pressure to the Board to act expediently. You may believe to do nothing is better than anything. Certainly, you have told Smudger he will be wasting his time in protesting. Your thrust seems to be to let things continue until Delia and Company exit Carrow Road, let the season ticket holders/attendances in the future dwindle, and get back to what you say the club should be. The irony of your approach, Cluck, is that you are placing your dependence for action on the one person who you apparently can''t stomach in the role at Carrow Road. Further, if attendances sink that can only make things tougher for Norwich financially and the road back a longer one. Finally, there are no guarantees, even if a replacement for Delia should emerge, that the structure and attitude of any new ownership would be consistent with your desires for what you would prefer at Carrow Road. 

Do you have the skills to show some leadership at this time? Are you bigger than your ego?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

The title is self-explanatory Cluck. You''ve had your fun up to now and, quite frankly, it appeared to suit your personality to get in the face of many others with name-calling and other antics. You''re not a fool, however, and you must realise that the same level of postings containing your worn rhetoric is not going to sit well at this point. No one can stop you continuing of course. No one except you yourself that is. So, how much do you love this club that you have supported since 1962. Love is an interesting word, isn''t it? My dictionary says it means "strong feeling of affection." When our loved ones in our families have tough times that''s the time they need support more than ever. In almost half a century our football club has never looked closer than going down to the third level. Not the end of the world of course, but, how much do we care? How much do you care?

The information coming out of the Board/majority shareholders is minimal at best at the moment. Possibly something positive is afoot that we are not currently aware of that could alleviate the concern of supporters. However, should that not be the case, it is worthwhile the fans considering what can be done to elevate their concerns and apply more pressure to the Board to act expediently. You may believe to do nothing is better than anything. Certainly, you have told Smudger he will be wasting his time in protesting. Your thrust seems to be to let things continue until Delia and Company exit Carrow Road, let the season ticket holders/attendances in the future dwindle, and get back to what you say the club should be. The irony of your approach, Cluck, is that you are placing your dependence for action on the one person who you apparently can''t stomach in the role at Carrow Road. Further, if attendances sink that can only make things tougher for Norwich financially and the road back a longer one. Finally, there are no guarantees, even if a replacement for Delia should emerge, that the structure and attitude of any new ownership would be consistent with your desires for what you would prefer at Carrow Road. 

Do you have the skills to show some leadership at this time? Are you bigger than your ego?

[/quote]Wow, you have too much time on your hands

No he just cares passionately about the club and is trying his best to unite us all for the battle ahead.

Yankee I strongly suggest you get your arse over here and make a few visits to Carrow Road as it is now, not as it was in the dim and distant past.  Then you may start to get real.  

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

Yankee I strongly suggest you get your arse over here and make a few visits to Carrow Road as it is now, not as it was in the dim and distant past.  Then you may start to get real.  

[/quote]

The delightful sound of nail hit squarely on head, well said Prophet.[:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]No he just cares passionately about the club and is trying his best to unite us all for the battle ahead.[/quote]

I''ve got no doubt as to his underlying motives and passions, he just seems to have a very strange way of going about it!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pot, kettle mate

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Fat Prophet, channeling your anger toward me is okay if it helps you but what exactly is it you are angry about? I''m not sure I understand where you are coming from.

If I come over and make a few visits to Carrow Road will I see anything different than you and 24, 000 + others are seeing. If I can accept your opinion regarding the on-pitch performances why can''t you accept that my inputs are simply trying to help, whether you agree with my approach or not? Do you actually read what I write or do you just spit venom every 30 seconds. On the "Solutions" thread you accuse me of having an agenda that you can see through right from the very first paragraph. I re-read it to see if there was any way my wording was devious or easily mis-interpreted. Sorry, I don''t think so. You then accused me of trying to trying to protect Delia ( you know not why ) and divert energy away from those that want to protest, telling me that if I think I can be successful I am very much mistaken. All of this is, quite frankly, paranoia on your part. You concluded by telling me you are just getting started. Well, that''s fine, but exactly what is that you are just getting started on. What are you doing?

On this thread, I am really appealing to Cluck to help. This apparently triggers a tirade from you about where my arse needs to be and I need to get real. What do I need to get real about? That the club appears to be in trouble? That we appear to be struggling in performance and player quality acquisition, even compared to clubs with less resources than we do? I agree. So what do I need to get real about?

P.S. Wizard, given the lack of freshness and innovation in your posts of recent times I doubt that you can even tell the difference between a hammer and a nail, never mind identifying the sound of the nail being hit squarely on the head.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

P.S. Wizard, given the lack of freshness and innovation in your posts of recent times I doubt that you can even tell the difference between a hammer and a nail, never mind identifying the sound of the nail being hit squarely on the head.

[/quote]

Oh believe me I can! you''ve aways talked a good game squire, but you''re not to hot on actually watching them!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Oh believe me I can! you''ve aways talked a good game squire, but you''re not to hot on actually watching them!.[:|]

[/quote]

....and if you observe posts from me making comments on the last match or how a certain player performed then you would have a legitimate point to make. Anything else from you in my direction, I''m afraid, is simply noise. By the way, I''m not being nasty when I say your posts do appear to have lost the old snap, crackle and pop. Is everything alright? 

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That one has been tried before..

Have you really not worked Cluck out yet, Yankee?

It was the Ron Davies thread that did it for me, when I finally worked it out. I felt stupid for not realising earlier.

Cluck - you are a genius. I can''t believe that more people haven''t rumbled you.

[quote user="Robert no longer in Manila"]

It was the Ron Davies thread that did it for me, when I finally worked it out. I felt stupid for not realising earlier.

Cluck - you are a genius. I can''t believe that more people haven''t rumbled you.

[/quote]

Cmon then enlighten us all then?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Fat Prophet, channeling your anger toward me is okay if it helps you but what exactly is it you are angry about? I''m not sure I understand where you are coming from.

If I come over and make a few visits to Carrow Road will I see anything different than you and 24, 000 + others are seeing. If I can accept your opinion regarding the on-pitch performances why can''t you accept that my inputs are simply trying to help, whether you agree with my approach or not? Do you actually read what I write or do you just spit venom every 30 seconds. On the "Solutions" thread you accuse me of having an agenda that you can see through right from the very first paragraph. I re-read it to see if there was any way my wording was devious or easily mis-interpreted. Sorry, I don''t think so. You then accused me of trying to trying to protect Delia ( you know not why ) and divert energy away from those that want to protest, telling me that if I think I can be successful I am very much mistaken. All of this is, quite frankly, paranoia on your part. You concluded by telling me you are just getting started. Well, that''s fine, but exactly what is that you are just getting started on. What are you doing?

On this thread, I am really appealing to Cluck to help. This apparently triggers a tirade from you about where my arse needs to be and I need to get real. What do I need to get real about? That the club appears to be in trouble? That we appear to be struggling in performance and player quality acquisition, even compared to clubs with less resources than we do? I agree. So what do I need to get real about?

[/quote]

Well congratulations YANKEE...  [Y]

I can actually for the first time ever agree with everything that you have had to say in this thread... however it isn''t just down to myself or Cluck...

Any demo should not ned either myself or Cluck... but we all know that it is high time that we had a big protest and placed some serious pressure on this board of ours don''t we?

Deep down I am sure that there is no doubt in any City fans mind that a huge demo is required as the first stepo in removing this board of directors.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Robert no longer in Manila"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it''s more satisfying when you work it out for yourself. Cluck''s posts used to annoy me. Now they don''t.

[quote user="Robert no longer in Manila"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Robert no longer in Manila"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it''s more satisfying when you work it out for yourself. Cluck''s posts used to annoy me. Now they don''t.

[/quote]Aye. I don''t even reply to him or smudgeface anymore.

Well, I read through the Ron Davies thread, and I still don''t get it.  So he''s a bloke in his 50s who thinks that the worlds gone mad and likes to help someone whose fallen on hard times.  Either he''s a genius and I''m really dense because I don''t see what you see, or he''s a grumpy old man who objects to his train set being played with by a woman and vents by copy and pasting insults on here and back-slapping Smudger.

I have read through that Davies thread too and still don''t get it! All I know is that he''s in his 50''s, is Smudger''s best friend, claims to be a business consultant who has to sit at his pc 24/7.

Give us a clue [:)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well congratulations YANKEE...  [Y]

I can actually for the first time ever agree with everything that you have had to say in this thread... however it isn''t just down to myself or Cluck...

Any demo should not ned either myself or Cluck... but we all know that it is high time that we had a big protest and placed some serious pressure on this board of ours don''t we?

Deep down I am sure that there is no doubt in any City fans mind that a huge demo is required as the first stepo in removing this board of directors.

[/quote]

lol... nice moderating.... [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I have read through that Davies thread too and still don''t get it! All I know is that he''s in his 50''s, is Smudger''s best friend, claims to be a business consultant who has to sit at his pc 24/7.

Give us a clue [:)]

[/quote]

I''m afraid that you''re fixated by Cluck so you''ll probably never get it. It seems to me that about 50% of your posts are aimed at either him or Smudger even on threads that they''ve played no part in. I mean no offence but I think that maybe you take yourself and this message board a little too seriously which is why you perhaps miss the point.

Take a deep breath, relax, ignore the picture of the yellow bird and read what he''s saying. I don''t agree with the vast majority of it, but that''s not really the point.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Robert no longer in Manila"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi cityangel. Do you ever respond to private messages?

[quote user="werethesnakepittovahere"]do you ave a job!!!
[/quote]

Do something for me please, scratch your head three times, put your thinking cap on, and then tell yourself when you have accumulated enough money to sustain a lifestyle that fits your dreams then, you don''t need a job! I know you were just asking. I''m just telling.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Robert no longer in Manila"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi cityangel. Do you ever respond to private messages?

[/quote]

I''ve been at work all day Yankee but will check my messages right now.

Since you asked so nicely, CA...

For what it''s worth, I think Cluck is a professional contrarian. In other words, he takes delight in disagreeing with everybody: he could "start an argument in an empty room" as the saying goes.

The result of this is that he''d rather contradict himself than be seen to agree with anyone. For ages he was calling to the board to go, but now lots of people agree with him, he''s changed his tune to a high and mighty "You can protest, but it won''t change anything, so I''m just going to sit here and look clever later." It explains why his favourite insult is "sheep". He would rather pretend to espouse any kind of nonsense than be thought of as one of the crowd.

The reason that the Ron Davies thread gave it away for me is that Cluck is always going on about the pathetic new breed of fan who doesn''t appreciate the true spirit of the club. Now, you may or may not want to give money to Ron Davies'' fund, but you could be sure that those who did were long-standing City fans who appreciated what Ron did for the club. For Cluck to criticise them so spitefully proved to me that he has no real beliefs or principles of his own: he just likes causing trouble. You can be sure that if there had been a thread with ten messages all saying "Why should we give to Ron Davies - he''s made his bed etc etc", then Cluck would have been on there saying the posters were newbie Deliarites with no sense of the club''s history and calling them bra-wearing nancy boys or whatever the misogynistic, homophobic signature is that he has at the bottom of every post but which still mysteriously gets past the moderators.

So, as I said, he used to annoy me, but now I know he''s not worth taking seriously.

Glad to be of service.