Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Matty Pattinson Signs for us!!!!!!!!!!

I''ve seen him play a few times, and he will be a solid player for us but i doubt he''ll excite anyone or set the world alight; then again maybe solid is what we need right now

Bonjour to all you delia smith loving country folk. I have to say my curiosity got the better of me when waking to the news that Matty Pattision was on his way to the Canaries this morning. Firstly at why Newcastle had released him, and what all you lot would be making of the move down there. I''m a die hard Newcastle fan myself, which credits me with some knowledge of ''Patta'', but as an ex-player with him, I know him better than most. The way he plays that is, as he never said much in the dressing room. It might have had something to do with the language barrier as he moved from South Africa. I played with him for my club Redheugh (who Gazza is famour for playing with as a youngster) and the County.

His ability was unquestionable, and was a brilliant player to have in your team. Full of tricks and turns, often blatantly outwhitting other players. I''d not seen him play for many years until he came into the Newcastle team, and as a season ticket holder I instantly recognised. I have to say he''s put on a few pounds, and looks an all out different style of player. The team at Newcastle seem to have increased his muscle mass two fold( you''ll see what I mean when you see him play) and turned his game into a powerful assault on both the grasss in front of him and the defenders in his way. I always remember him as being like a wire, twisting bith the ball in all directions. His touch was exquisite. He struggled at Newcastle in the premiership, but still think he has loads of potential and a lot to offer a team. I think its a great move for the lad, especially given that Roeder knows him better than most. If any one can get the best out of him it will be Glenn who was with him as academy director and then in the full team.

I don''t wish to dampen your enthusiasm at all as I can see many of you are chuffed with the acquisition, but the lad will need time. He could well be the next..........shit, I can''t really think of a Norwich City Legend off hand...i''ll just go to Wykipedia...two minutes....He could well be the Next John Bond.

hope to see all with Glenn and Matty up at St James'' next year 

[quote user="Smudger"]

Fantastic... are we becoming Newcastle Reserves????

Am sure the usual crew will be singing his praises before he has done absolutely anything for us.

[/quote]

They may as well, we''ve just seen the ''usual crew'' damning him before he''s done anything for us.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

South African youngster? hmmm, I wonder if he''s mates with Bally Smart! Could forge a decent relationship in midfield. Smart as a defensive midfielder, and this lad as our more attacking option... just a thought.

[/quote]

Just because Smart and Pattison are both from S.A doesnt mean they are mates. CA and Smudger are from the same country but arent friends. [:)]

Did anyone read the interview with Smith, where he said he would like to stay at Norwich after the january transfer window? more to the point would you carry his loan on?

whatever he is like he is better than what we have, as the current squad have no confidence, little talent and no balls (to kick around web team!)

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Smudger, when are you happy with anything. Okay, name say five or six players you would like to see here on loan or as a permenant signing? I am sure Glenn is working as hard as he can to attract some better players. Martin Taylor is a step in the right direction, and we can only hope Matty Pattison is too.[/quote]

Ain''t naming anybody Gazza... because it is far too late now... a couple of Newcastle reserves are not going to save this shambles from Div 1... we need about 6 new players in now (which can''t happen because of the rules on loan players)... we need better quality than Newcastle Reserves too...

Another prime example of why our club is destined for Div 1... laughable!!!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

"it has emerged that Michael Owen is close to completing a 6 week loan deal to join championship strugglers Norwich City. This shock move came about after a rift emerged between Owen and new boss Sam Allardyce, with Owen set to leave in January, Allardyce wants to prepare for the future and Owen is to be frozen out with Viduka, Smith, Martins and Ameobi fighting for places. Owen wants to be playing first team football, so that he is fit for a move in January and so will be loaned out. Owen will complete his move to Carrow Road after being pursuaded by ex boss Glen Roeder and old pal Lee Clark, and has been hugely impressed with the clubs training facilities."

[/quote]

This is true

It''s on one of the Newcastle sites, its likely to be unveiled tomorrow, i''ve been told by a high placed member of the club to suspect a big signing soon.

Trust me, i have 2,500 posts!

honestly you lot would cheer and applaud if we signed a fat blind dwarf with a wooden leg... and you wonder why people blame the fans for having a big say on where this club is headed... [*-)]

[quote user="Smudger"]honestly you lot would cheer and applaud if we signed a fat blind dwarf with a wooden leg... and you wonder why people blame the fans for having a big say on where this club is headed... [*-)][/quote]

FFS Smudger GIVE THE LAD A CHANCE. You can be quite annoying when you want to be.......

[quote user="Smudger"]honestly you lot would cheer and applaud if we signed a fat blind dwarf with a wooden leg... and you wonder why people blame the fans for having a big say on where this club is headed... [*-)][/quote]I tell you what I would cheer, you keeping you incessant whinging whining gob shut! you simply having nothing positive to say ever, it''s getting tedious.

Umm not too sure about this signing time will tell, but the geordies don''t seem to impressed with him.http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=893&p=16&style=2&forumId=5689&action=1&replytoid=2116125758

Having spoke to one of my mates who is a die hard newcastle fan, he really DOSEN''T rate pattinson at all......quote " whenever i have seen him he has been the worst player on the pitch" ...........we shall see?!?!? (he isn''t winding me up either!)

[quote user="jjjayjayuk"]

Bonjour to all you delia smith loving country folk. I have to say my curiosity got the better of me when waking to the news that Matty Pattision was on his way to the Canaries this morning. Firstly at why Newcastle had released him, and what all you lot would be making of the move down there. I''m a die hard Newcastle fan myself, which credits me with some knowledge of ''Patta'', but as an ex-player with him, I know him better than most. The way he plays that is, as he never said much in the dressing room. It might have had something to do with the language barrier as he moved from South Africa. I played with him for my club Redheugh (who Gazza is famour for playing with as a youngster) and the County.

His ability was unquestionable, and was a brilliant player to have in your team. Full of tricks and turns, often blatantly outwhitting other players. I''d not seen him play for many years until he came into the Newcastle team, and as a season ticket holder I instantly recognised. I have to say he''s put on a few pounds, and looks an all out different style of player. The team at Newcastle seem to have increased his muscle mass two fold( you''ll see what I mean when you see him play) and turned his game into a powerful assault on both the grasss in front of him and the defenders in his way. I always remember him as being like a wire, twisting bith the ball in all directions. His touch was exquisite. He struggled at Newcastle in the premiership, but still think he has loads of potential and a lot to offer a team. I think its a great move for the lad, especially given that Roeder knows him better than most. If any one can get the best out of him it will be Glenn who was with him as academy director and then in the full team.

I don''t wish to dampen your enthusiasm at all as I can see many of you are chuffed with the acquisition, but the lad will need time. He could well be the next..........shit, I can''t really think of a Norwich City Legend off hand...i''ll just go to Wykipedia...two minutes....He could well be the Next John Bond.

hope to see all with Glenn and Matty up at St James'' next year 

[/quote] Thanks Jay, some very helpful insight into Matty. Thanks for yoru comments and we do hope to play you again one day, Geordie hospitality is second to none, I for one miss my trips up to your part of the country.

Then aside from the board out, the manager out, the players out - all the fans apart from you out, what do you want at NCFC Smudger? If you can''t name any players you would LIKE to see playing, how do you know those you continually slate are no good. Oh I forgot, you never go to watch do you.

[quote user="jjjayjayuk"]

. It might have had something to do with the language barrier as he moved from South Africa.[/quote]

what Language, other than Afrikaans with some people, do pretty much all of the Population of South Africa speak?????

perhaps he was just ignoring you!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jjjayjayuk"]

. It might have had something to do with the language barrier as he moved from South Africa.[/quote]

what Language, other than Afrikaans with some people, do pretty much all of the Population of South Africa speak?????

perhaps he was just ignoring you!

jas :)

[/quote]People in South Africa speak english.  People in Newcastle on the other hand....

There are 11 official languages in South Africa; Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Southern Sotho, Swati, Tsgona, Tswana, Venda, Xhosa, Zulu. I don''t know Matt, but he is likely to speak English and Afrikaans. Bally speaks Northern Sotho and English and has spoken neither of them to Matt as they have never met.

[quote user="Smudger"]honestly you lot would cheer and applaud if we signed a fat blind dwarf with a wooden leg... and you wonder why people blame the fans for having a big say on where this club is headed... [*-)][/quote]Turning professional now are we? If we''re trying to sign you, you must be. [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Smudger"]honestly you lot would cheer and applaud if we signed a fat blind dwarf with a wooden leg... and you wonder why people blame the fans for having a big say on where this club is headed... [*-)][/quote]

Turning professional now are we? If we''re trying to sign you, you must be. [:D]
[/quote]

I thought we''d sent hartson back? [:)]