Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Matty Pattinson Signs for us!!!!!!!!!!

The toon revolution at Carrow Road has begun!!!    

First Roeder, then Clark, now Pattison, so who will be next.....................Stephen Carr?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Fantastic... are we becoming Newcastle Reserves????

Am sure the usual crew will be singing his praises before he has done absolutely anything for us.

[/quote]

Why do you have to be so negative all the time smudger???

GR is doing the best he can to bring in quality and from what i''ve heard there is no doubt that Matty Pattinson has bags of quality. 

Great Signing!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Am sure the usual crew will be singing his praises before he has done absolutely anything for us.

[/quote]

or are we going to be negative before seeing him kick a ball?

I remember him from Flemings testimonial (had long hair then) he looked very good!

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[quote user="p.g.tips"]great news a attacking midfielder.Now all we need is a left back ,right back,center back i could go on[/quote]

We are only allowed 4 loan players at any one time so with Patterson, Smith and Taylor there is only room for one more.

[/quote]

qpr have mancienne, sahar, vine, buzaky, sinclair, jarrett, epraim

thats 7 loans i think so dont know where you got 4 from

[/quote]

Jarrett is a permanent i believe - he is currently loaned out to Brighton though

I''ve found this which sort of clears up the loan rules

The rules covering loans in this division are different from those in the Premier League and I don’t envy those who have to interpret them. The duration of a standard loan is the time between the transfer windows so either half a season or a full season. Recalling a player is only allowed in full season loans except for keepers in exceptional circumstances.

But there are also emergency loans for between 28 and 93 days where recalls are allowed after the first 28 days. Pay attention, there will be a test later!

The rule book states you can only have five loan players in your squad of 16 (something Leeds got wrong last year) and you can have no more than four loans from one club.

You can have a maximum of eight standard loans in a season, but of these no more than four can be aged under 23. No more than two over 23 year old players can join from one club per season, but for some reason a player from overseas is not registered as a loan.

Well, I’m sure that that has cleared things up for everyone. The actual deal, and who pays what, is between the clubs. In some cases a club will pay a fee to take a player on loan and pick up all of the player’s wages, in other cases it may just be some, or all of the wages, but no fee. Each club has to weigh up what is best for them financially, as well as how loans will help long term development and prevent short term frustration for players who can’t get in the first team.

Apparently he doesn''t know how to lose. There''s one experience he''ll gain before going back to the Toon [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Gotta be better than slagging the bloke off before he has even kicked a ball for us.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]We might only be allowed to bring in 4 players on loan at one time but was not Mr Doncaster in todays EPD hinting at players arriving on trial   [/quote]

if they arrive on trial they cant play in competitve games, only reserve/youth and friendly fixtures...

welcome "super" Matt.. your gonna need to be super man in our team!

jas :)

It is good that we are going for a high calibre of player. Please dont think I am ungreatful but can we not get them longer than 1 month/6 weeks??. Look at West Brom, they got the striker from Man City for the whole season.

Just wonder that by the time they have settled into the side it will be time to pack suitcases and go back again.

Well done anyway Glenn

[quote user="Gloucester canary"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[quote user="p.g.tips"]great news a attacking midfielder.Now all we need is a left back ,right back,center back i could go on[/quote]

We are only allowed 4 loan players at any one time so with Patterson, Smith and Taylor there is only room for one more.

[/quote] Are you sure Hairy?

I thought it was 4 the team for the game and a few more were allowed in total? but im not sure really.

[/quote]

There are long term loans (they have to be under a certain age, I believe) and short term loans and you are allowed a combination of up to eight or nine players (I cannot remember which figure is correct).  The FA rules are that no team can name more than five loan players (whether short term/long term) on the same teamsheet.

Leeds broke that rule not long ago (fielding six I think) but got away without being fined.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]no more so than we are becoming chelsea or birmingham reserves. seeing as we only have one player from each of those clubs...

great news,should be interesting, i think glen will play huckerby further up the field where i think he can still get a result for us. And with Taylor and Pattinson in the squad (albiet temporary) we are moving in the right direction again with regards quality.

Smudger, when are you happy with anything. Okay, name say five or six players you would like to see here on loan or as a permenant signing?

I am sure Glenn is working as hard as he can to attract some better players. Martin Taylor is a step in the right direction, and we can only hope Matty Pattison is too.

Cheers City Angel.

So as well as taylor, smith, and pattison, we can get a striker and 2 full backs and have 5 of the 6 in a squad at once. That presuming eventually either Smith or Pattison can be classed as goal scoring central midfielders.

and in response to the next Newcastle arrival,

"it has emerged that Michael Owen is close to completing a 6 week loan deal to join championship strugglers Norwich City. This shock move came about after a rift emerged between Owen and new boss Sam Allardyce, with Owen set to leave in January, Allardyce wants to prepare for the future and Owen is to be frozen out with Viduka, Smith, Martins and Ameobi fighting for places. Owen wants to be playing first team football, so that he is fit for a move in January and so will be loaned out. Owen will complete his move to Carrow Road after being pursuaded by ex boss Glen Roeder and old pal Lee Clark, and has been hugely impressed with the clubs training facilities."

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

I might be wrong, but I think we are allowed to have a maximum of six players on loan, although we can only have 5 in the first team at any one time.

I am very pleased with this signing for a few reasons. 

Firstly, I have seen him play on several occasions and he is good, don''t expect wonders, he is not just a bit of a battler, he does have talent and hopefully will show some of that.

Secondly, this shows that we can get players.  Whether it be the influence of Roeder, the club, history, or whatever, players will come to us.

Thirdly, with all the doom and gloom around the place this can only be a good thing.  It has lifted me a bit and I hope it lifts the player''s spirits a bit too.  Yes, it may not be the striker and defenders that people wanted but things don''t happen quickly, it is not Championship Manager.

Also, don''t be too disappointed about the length of the ''loan'' as this signing is with a view to becoming permanent. 

I can''t guarantee he will be good for us, neither can Glenn Roeder, but I don''t see the point about being negative about this signing in the position we are in.  I am happy to see Glenn go out and get players in, Matty (ability wise) will add something to the squad, so it is not just a signing for the sake of it.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Cheers City Angel.

So as well as taylor, smith, and pattison, we can get a striker and 2 full backs and have 5 of the 6 in a squad at once. That presuming eventually either Smith or Pattison can be classed as goal scoring central midfielders.

and in response to the next Newcastle arrival,

"it has emerged that Michael Owen is close to completing a 6 week loan deal to join championship strugglers Norwich City. This shock move came about after a rift emerged between Owen and new boss Sam Allardyce, with Owen set to leave in January, Allardyce wants to prepare for the future and Owen is to be frozen out with Viduka, Smith, Martins and Ameobi fighting for places. Owen wants to be playing first team football, so that he is fit for a move in January and so will be loaned out. Owen will complete his move to Carrow Road after being pursuaded by ex boss Glen Roeder and old pal Lee Clark, and has been hugely impressed with the clubs training facilities."

[/quote]

If this happens......no way, surely that is a touch too ambitious for us. But if it happens would be wonderful.....

Clearly this is a Lee Clark signing rather than a Glenn Roeder one... Lee was youth team manager at Newcastle and would probably know this lad inside and out (oo''errr). It appears to address another key position lacking quality, and like others here... i''ve never heard of him before!!! I can''t really pass judgement until i''ve seen him for myself.

South African youngster? hmmm, I wonder if he''s mates with Bally Smart! Could forge a decent relationship in midfield. Smart as a defensive midfielder, and this lad as our more attacking option... just a thought.

michael owen signing and bally smart as a defensive midfielder, whatever next?! perhaps it will be ronaldinho wanting to play in yellow and green every week, or maybe that bill gates has always been a closet norwich fan and is already undergoing due dilligence....

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

Clearly this is a Lee Clark signing rather than a Glenn Roeder one... Lee was youth team manager at Newcastle and would probably know this lad inside and out (oo''errr). It appears to address another key position lacking quality, and like others here... i''ve never heard of him before!!! I can''t really pass judgement until i''ve seen him for myself.[/quote]

Roeder gave the kid his first start, so I''m sure he has more than heard of him...

[quote]

South African youngster? hmmm, I wonder if he''s mates with Bally Smart! Could forge a decent relationship in midfield. Smart as a defensive midfielder, and this lad as our more attacking option... just a thought.

[/quote]

Bally Smart only has one aspect to his game - his attacking pace. So to deploy him as a defensive midfielder.... ?!?

Clearly this is a Lee Clark signing rather than a Glenn Roeder one... Lee was youth team manager at Newcastle and would probably know this lad inside and out (oo''errr). It appears to address another key position lacking quality, and like others here... i''ve never heard of him before!!! I can''t really pass judgement until i''ve seen him for myself.

[/quote]I think you are mixing Smart up with somebody else, Michael. He is a 4''11"  9 stone right winger who does 100 metres in under 10 seconds.

[quote user="Geordie Observer"]

The toon revolution at Carrow Road has begun!!!    

First Roeder, then Clark, now Pattison, so who will be next.....................Stephen Carr?

[/quote] Yes please, and Ameobi, and that Irish boy who plays on the wing.. whats his name?

[quote user="charlies dad"]I think you are mixing Smart up with somebody else, Michael. He is a 4''11"  9 stone right winger who does 100 metres in under 10 seconds.[/quote]

LOL! I think you might be right! Why did I think he was a central defensive midfielder? How amusing... all this playing players out of position malarky has gone to my head.

[quote user="charlies dad"]I think you are mixing Smart up with somebody else, Michael. He is a 4''11"  9 stone right winger who does 100 metres in under 10 seconds.[/quote]

LOL! I think you might be right! Why did I think he was a central defensive midfielder? How amusing... all this playing players out of position malarky has gone to my head.

[/quote]