Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Matty Pattinson Signs for us!!!!!!!!!!

Good, young player, just what we need.

Is he a left winger?, if so he will finally give Hucks some competition down that left side, and certainly give us more balance against coventry.

Well done Glen, now time for a GOOD striker to partner Cureton and a goalscoring central midfielder, oh and a couple of full backs!

[quote user="p.g.tips"]great news a attacking midfielder.Now all we need is a left back ,right back,center back i could go on[/quote]

We are only allowed 4 loan players at any one time so with Patterson, Smith and Taylor there is only room for one more.

A nice bit of news to brighten my morning coffee break and a second example of how Roeder has managed to do what previously seemed impossible and get Premiership loans in.  Let''s hope he can find a centre forward before the Coventry game as well.

hi all, speaking with my newcastle mate just now on the phone. he says hes a good young player an attacking young winger!!! will put pressure on hucks to perform and hopefully get rid on that waste of space lappin!!!! well done glen!!!! need a striker and centre mid now!!

Yes I feel very positive about this loan.........................now for the other 9 positions haha..................

OTBC

Here is a little more on him:

Newcastle Profile

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profiles/0,,10278~30702,00.html]

Soccerbase

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=43557

Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matty_Pattison

Matthew "Matty" Pattison (born October 27, 1986) is a professional footballer, who currently plays for Newcastle United as a midfielder.

Pattison began to play football at an early age. He and his family then moved to England in 1997, when he was eleven years old. He joined Newcastle Youth Academy at the age of fourteen.

He got his first taste of senior football in a pre-season friendly match against Celtic in August 2004. Unfortunately, Pattison was put on the sideline for the whole 2004-2005 season with two knee ligament injuries that threatened to end his career before it had really begun.

However, he showed his resilience and made his competitive first team debut on February 25, 2006 in a Premiership match against Everton, coming on as a substitute. Pattison made his first start for the club later in the same season against West Bromwich Albion, before being substituted after 80 minutes. Pattison was later named man of the match for the impressive contribution he made during the 3-0 win.

On November 15, 2007 he joined Norwich City on loan until January 2008 linking up with former Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder and reserve team coach Lee Clark.

We might only be allowed to bring in 4 players on loan at one time but was not Mr Doncaster in todays EPD hinting at players arriving on trial   

Fantastic... are we becoming Newcastle Reserves????

Am sure the usual crew will be singing his praises before he has done absolutely anything for us.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[quote user="p.g.tips"]great news a attacking midfielder.Now all we need is a left back ,right back,center back i could go on[/quote]

We are only allowed 4 loan players at any one time so with Patterson, Smith and Taylor there is only room for one more.

[/quote] Are you sure Hairy?

I thought it was 4 the team for the game and a few more were allowed in total? but im not sure really.

Can''t say I know anything about this midfielder. But at least Roeder is trying to address our soft centre.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

qpr have mancienne, sahar, vine, buzaky, sinclair, jarrett, epraim

thats 7 loans i think so dont know where you got 4 from

[quote user="JohnoBono"]We might only be allowed to bring in 4 players on loan at one time but was not Mr Doncaster in todays EPD hinting at players arriving on trial   [/quote]

David Thopmson as ive previously said???

[quote user="Jim Kent"]We are actually allowed as many loan players as we want, but we can only use 5 in a match day squad ie the 16 players we name.[/quote]

I thought it was a max of 5 loan players in the club at th same time and a max of 8 over the season?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Am sure the usual crew will be singing his praises before he has done absolutely anything for us.

[/quote]

Surely becoming Newcastle reserves is better then the Scotland D team which we were slowly becoming a month back.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Of course I''m dissapointed too Smudger, this this highly unacceptable! Why have we not brought in Ronaldo!?You really are a complete tw*t, but a funny tw*t at least [;)]

Let''s hope he turns out to be godsend. Forgive me though if I wait until I see him play before I get too carried away. Kind of been there done that with being optimistic about loan signings once too often...

At least though he has played for Roeder before, which has to be a good thing, as he''s not just another wild stab in the dark...

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

haha great!!!!!! ...........................but dont forget "anything" is better than "nothing"".........................

OTBC

[quote user="HUDDY "]

[quote user="JohnoBono"]We might only be allowed to bring in 4 players on loan at one time but was not Mr Doncaster in todays EPD hinting at players arriving on trial   [/quote]

David Thopmson as ive previously said???

[/quote]

Good shout. Dont know a lot about Pattison so the jury is still out.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Is that a bad thing?  We didn''t do too badly when we had a team full of Tottenham reserves did we........

Good luck Matty, hope the loan goes well for you.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

And the usual suspects will slating him before he''s done anything wrong!!