Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

So what was the point of the '1996 revolution'?

I understand that Chase''s former executive office at Carrow Road, which earned a considerable number of brickbats during the ''1996 revolution'' because of it''s size and opulence, remains the same size and has since been re-fitted. If true, this is hypocrisy of a high order.

Up yours! Let them eat cake.

But of course this will be of no interest to most of you, I suspect.

Let''s see.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I understand that Chase''s former executive office at Carrow Road, which earned a considerable number of brickbats during the ''1996 revolution'' because of it''s size and opulence, remains the same size and has since been re-fitted. If true, this is hypocrisy of a high order.

Let''s see.

OTBC

[/quote]

Of course its of no interest Bly. It will be swept under the carpet along with all the other home truths.

Here are some more appropriate titles for this thread:Size of Room Doesn''t Change Shock!Office Refitted Once in 11 Years Horror!Oddly enough I don''t think either of these things are exactly unusual, let alone hipocritical, especially as the rumour doesn''t specify the quality or cost of the refit or the current use of the room.  Wouldn''t spending money to alter drastically a room that was "opulent", just because it was over large etc, be a worse use of the football clubs money.

Come along, you know how it goes

“It was already budgeted for”

“No body is more anxious and determined than me to see the board of directors return to their rightful place, the Chairman Bob room is an integral part of Norwich City that we fully acknowledge and recognise as an integral part of our ambitious plans to return to Division 1 at the earliest opportunity”

“After extensive and thorough negotiations for the refitting of the Chairman Bob Room the club are delighted to continue their relationship with R G Carter”

“The surplus revenues derived from the Chairman Bob Room will of course go into managers transfer kitty.  Never let it be said that we do not share both his and the supporters ambition to see this club back where it belongs. Possibly? Eventually? OK maybe not.................................  Where is Carlisle, do they have a directors suit like ours?"

Let''s see.

OTBC

[/quote]

Not particularly BlyBly.

How much does it cost to revamp an office? We weren''t actually going to go out and buy a star player with what we would have saved were we?

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Let''s see.

OTBC

[/quote]

Not particularly BlyBly.

How much does it cost to revamp an office? We weren''t actually going to go out and buy a star player with what we would have saved were we?

[/quote]

Mmmmm....approximately the profits gleaned from the sale of Ashton and Earnshaw?  Just a guess.....

Let''s see.

OTBC

[/quote]

That sound you can all hear is a barrel being scraped.

So Chase had a large office once, yes it was pretty large, but certainly not opulent, although there was that canary badge carpet everywhere! I even still have a piece of it bought at one of the club auctions....lol

Chase had many staff to adminster to his every whim, as no doubt does Munby/Doncaster....just like every high powered exec in most businesses. What point are you trying to make Bly, that the present board don''t deserve an office or to be in office?

[quote user="7rew"]Here are some more appropriate titles for this thread:

Size of Room Doesn''t Change Shock!

Office Refitted Once in 11 Years Horror!

Oddly enough I don''t think either of these things are exactly unusual, let alone hipocritical, especially as the rumour doesn''t specify the quality or cost of the refit or the current use of the room.  Wouldn''t spending money to alter drastically a room that was "opulent", just because it was over large etc, be a worse use of the football clubs money.
[/quote]

I wonder what NCFC. spent £1.2m on regarding the new offices in the Jarrold Stand for The Broadland Housing Association?

I see.

So a large, opulent office is ok so long as Chase doesn''t occupy it?

What hypocrisy.

The Revenge of the Nerds - was a recent movie (aka moving picture show [:)]).

OTBC

[quote user="Steve Burns"]Move on there is nothing to see here.[/quote]

Just can''t resist stopping by though can you Burnsy.[:)]

What a conumdrum you have.

Scratch your head, it may help!

OTBC

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Scratch your head, it may help...you to spell conundrum.

[/quote]

Still can''t resist visiting, eh Stevie? And now you''re shouting too.

I must have touched a raw nerve, I guess.

OTBC

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]So Chase had a large office once, yes it was pretty large, but certainly not opulent, although there was that canary badge carpet everywhere! I even still have a piece of it bought at one of the club auctions....lol Chase had many staff to adminster to his every whim, as no doubt does Munby/Doncaster....just like every high powered exec in most businesses. What point are you trying to make Bly, that the present board don''t deserve an office or to be in office?[/quote]

The point is, Gazza, that Chase was roundly villified for having a giant office and living high off the hog on NCFC revenues by the Chase Out Crew. Since the current lot have maintained this approach, then the stink of hypocrisy is in the air.

''Same knife that stick goat stick sheep!''.

They should neither be in office nor occupy big opulent offices.

Simple really.

OTBC

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]So Chase had a large office once, yes it was pretty large, but certainly not opulent, although there was that canary badge carpet everywhere! I even still have a piece of it bought at one of the club auctions....lol Chase had many staff to adminster to his every whim, as no doubt does Munby/Doncaster....just like every high powered exec in most businesses. What point are you trying to make Bly, that the present board don''t deserve an office or to be in office?[/quote]

The point is, Gazza, that Chase was roundly villified for having a giant office and living high off the hog on NCFC revenues by the Chase Out Crew. Since the current lot have maintained this approach, then the stink of hypocrisy is in the air.

''Same knife that stick goat stick sheep!''.

They should neither be in office nor occupy big opulent offices.

Simple really.

OTBC

[/quote]

And so he did Bly, charter flights (remember?), big pre match hospitality entertaining that would put even Delia into the shade, and as someone else mentioned, an unhealthy relationship with one RG Carter (did no one else ever tender for jobs at the club?).

I am not making excuses for the present board, for they could perhaps cut down on some excesses, but when they go, and they will eventually, do you expect whoever replaces them to live the high life on the lean, I doubt it. I am unsure what offices were refurbished, whether it was Doncaster''s or the South Stand offices rented out to Broadland Housing. I have been in those and they are pretty standard fare, nothing excessive at all.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="7rew"]Here are some more appropriate titles for this thread:Size of Room Doesn''t Change Shock!Office Refitted Once in 11 Years Horror!Oddly enough I don''t think either of these things are exactly unusual, let alone hipocritical, especially as the rumour doesn''t specify the quality or cost of the refit or the current use of the room.  Wouldn''t spending money to alter drastically a room that was "opulent", just because it was over large etc, be a worse use of the football clubs money.[/quote]

I wonder what NCFC. spent £1.2m on regarding the new offices in the Jarrold Stand for The Broadland Housing Association?

[/quote]I refer you to the highlighted word - anyway since the rent paid for these offices is unknown, it is a problematic stick to beat the club with.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are the Chase Out Crew also known as COC''s? [:O]

You decide [&]

We always seem to want someone out [:''(]

[/quote]

Fraid it''s the price of persistent failure, Nutty.

And I''m sure the vast majority of us wish that it were not so.

But, but, but, we''re in a very unpleasant mess, and strong action is needed to extricate ourselves.

Heads must roll - because with ownership comes responsibility.

The customers are restless to say the least - and believe me they won''t turn on the new manager next.

Suggest you have a word in the right ear.

OTBC