Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Well done Worthy

Good result for Irish yesterday, still in with outside chance of qualifying, very slim chance mind you, but still good to see them in there fighting, Well done Worthy you get some stick on here, so here''s a positive post.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Good result for Irish yesterday, still in with outside chance of qualifying, very slim chance mind you, but still good to see them in there fighting, Well done Worthy you get some stick on here, so here''s a positive post.

[/quote]Don''t get me wrong, i wish him all the best but at this time i honestly couldnt give a toss. =]

[/quote]Yeh well done Worthy, you managed to take a decent side that should have qualified easily and take them backwards to having a very slim chance to qualify. The loses against Latvia and Iceland are what most N.I. fans will look back on and think that was the moment we failed to qualify. Good result Worthy, but to be honest too little too late. All the best though, would love to see N.I. qualify.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Yeh well done Worthy, you managed to take a decent side that should have qualified easily and take them backwards to having a very slim chance to qualify. The loses against Latvia and Iceland are what most N.I. fans will look back on and think that was the moment we failed to qualify.

Good result Worthy, but to be honest too little too late. All the best though, would love to see N.I. qualify.
[/quote]

Yeh right.  Should have qualified easily!!!!! in a group that has got Denmark, Spain & Sweden...NI are mediocre at best and did well to achieve what they did. 

Perhaps you have based your whole ''qualified easily'' pitch  based on one fluke result against England.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Yeh right.  Should have qualified easily!!!!! in a group that has got Denmark, Spain & Sweden...NI are mediocre at best and did well to achieve what they did. 

[/quote]That "medioca" team beat Spain, Sweden, Latvia, Liechtenstein and drew with Denmark before Worthy turned up, so at the very least Latvia or Iceland should have been beaten and NI should have had their fate in their own hands!The facts don''t lie: The position NI were in when Worthy took over, they were odds on to Qualify and had a game form of LWDWWWW. On that form they should have crushed Latvia and Iceland.Under worthy they now have a from of LLDW and qualification is out of their hands. At the very least, NI should have had the chance to qualify though their own means.[quote user="jimmy500"]Perhaps you have based your whole ''qualified easily'' pitch  based on one fluke result against England.[/quote]No I haven''t, I based on the fact that NI are a good team that were in excellent form. Oh and that game wasn''t a fluke, England were rubbish and NI took advantage of it. I suspect you have based your opinion on knowing nothing...

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Yeh well done Worthy, you managed to take a decent side that should have qualified easily and take them backwards to having a very slim chance to qualify. The loses against Latvia and Iceland are what most N.I. fans will look back on and think that was the moment we failed to qualify.

Good result Worthy, but to be honest too little too late. All the best though, would love to see N.I. qualify.
[/quote]

Perhaps you have based your whole ''qualified easily'' pitch  based on one fluke result against England.

[/quote]

and one Fluke Result against Spain and one fluke Result against Sweden?

If N'' Ireland qualify and england dont, from a group with the "mighty" isreal, Andorra and Macedonia in it.. who does that say more about?

England could be a laughing stock in 48 hours time... Northern ireland could be heroes.

jas :)

UEA Canary

No I haven''t based my opinion on knowing nothing......

NI are a mediocre team who had a decent home record early in the tournament.  With the exception of the Liechtenstein game they haven''t won a game away all qualifying.  The fact that Iceland spanked them in Ireland suggests that the result away from home was anything but cut and dried.  Latvia, well we all know that the eastern european teams can be tricky opponents on their home turf.

Both the Sweden and Spain games were tight affairs, some even make the suggestion that ''NI'' were fortunate and ''rode their luck''.  Can''t comment on that myself as I only watched limited highlights of those games.

On paper at the start of this campaign Spain and Sweden looked nailed on to qualify.  NI were expected to achieve 4th, 3rd at a push.  Pretty fair estimate when you consider that the bulk of there squad comes from the lower leagues of British football.

That answer do for you.....

[quote user="jimmy500"]

UEA Canary

No I haven''t based my opinion on knowing nothing......

NI are a mediocre team who had a decent home record early in the tournament.  With the exception of the Liechtenstein game they haven''t won a game away all qualifying.  The fact that Iceland spanked them in Ireland suggests that the result away from home was anything but cut and dried.  Latvia, well we all know that the eastern european teams can be tricky opponents on their home turf.

Both the Sweden and Spain games were tight affairs, some even make the suggestion that ''NI'' were fortunate and ''rode their luck''.  Can''t comment on that myself as I only watched limited highlights of those games.

On paper at the start of this campaign Spain and Sweden looked nailed on to qualify.  NI were expected to achieve 4th, 3rd at a push.  Pretty fair estimate when you consider that the bulk of there squad comes from the lower leagues of British football.

That answer do for you.....

[/quote]Clearly we will have to agree to disagree, I rate NI as a decent team at the moment and you have a lower opinion of them, my original point was not really about how good NI were, it was more about how Worthy should have done better.

[/quote]

Well said. He''s a decent manager and NI could hardly have expected to do any better (or as well as) than they have done.

I am happy with that.  I think Worthy has done a sterling job with the tools he has got, and they might still qualify.

Finishing 3rd in the group I think (?) puts them in a stronger position for world cup qualifying.  Could get put in a group they can actually qualify from.  Heres hoping so anyway, would be great for British football.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I am happy with that.  I think Worthy has done a sterling job with the tools he has got, and they might still qualify.

Finishing 3rd in the group I think (?) puts them in a stronger position for world cup qualifying.  Could get put in a group they can actually qualify from.  Heres hoping so anyway, would be great for British football.

[/quote]Tbh it wasn''t as hard as some people make out. Lawrie shanchez hadn''t exactly left them in a bad position had they?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]Tbh it wasn''t as hard as some people make out. Lawrie shanchez hadn''t exactly left them in a bad position had they?[/quote]They wern''t in that good of a position. They had to beat either Spain or Sweden once (they still do) they had to play denmark and lativa away (who qualified for the last tournement and are good at home). The only one they should have won was against Iceland. They still have a chance and considering they had to play the top 4 teams and 3 of them away, that isn''t too bad.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

Tbh it wasn''t as hard as some people make out. Lawrie shanchez hadn''t exactly left them in a bad position had they?
[/quote]

Read my earlier post.  Sometimes its a bit more than just looking at a few W''s, L''s & D''s on a form chart.