Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Gilks injured

dam, does this mean Joe will be called back from morecambe to take a place on the bench? or will roeder let him stay and recall gallcher? remember, we do still have him!

or just leave them both out and whack arnold on the bench?

thoughts?

In the long term surely recalling Gallagher would make more sense. lewis is hopefully a future star for us, and if he gets games it will be a huge benefit, rather than him sitting on the bench. Gallagher isn''t great, but hopefully wouldnt be needed anyway so iit wouldnt matter, still you dont really want Arnold on the bench. And it seems silly to take up one of the match squad loan slots with a loan keeper.

Why not just have no sub keeper? we hardly ever need one, once in the Prem and twice last year- Brown could double up?

we cannot recall Lewis, he is on a window to window deal with no recall option (myfootballwriter.com) not sure on Gallacher but id rather have Arnold on the bench than have Gally back!!

[quote user="Old Boy"]Hopefully we recall Lewis and put him straight in the team.[/quote]

The extract says; Fellow professional stoppers Joe Lewis and Paul Gallacher are currently

on loan to Morecambe and Dunfermline respectively, with neither

eligible for recall until January 1 under the terms of their deals.

So no hope of that happening =/

How many more injuries can we keep getting? It does make you wonder whether the training/physical fitness is right. Other clubs don''t seem to have injuries quite so frequently as us.

Get back soon, Gilksy. I like the guy and i think long term he may be a better bet than Marshall.

nother great piece of management from this shambles of a club!! How can you let TWO goalkeepers out on loan without a recall clause and leave only TWO at the club. sums up the sh!t management again.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

I think the rules relating to loans of goalkeepers is different from outfield players, i.e.you can get an emergency goalkeeper loan all season or up to a March deadline (can''t remember which).

Anyway give young Arnold a chance on the bench this Saturday.

[/quote]

You are correct.  Also you can exceed your limit on the number of loan players with an emergency keeper and also put out a team with six loan players if one is an emergency keeper.  The normal limit for loan players is a maximum of five on the same team sheet.

[quote user="baldyboy"]nother great piece of management from this shambles of a club!! How can you let TWO goalkeepers out on loan without a recall clause and leave only TWO at the club. sums up the sh!t management again.[/quote]

The person who did that has already left - so who are you complaining about!?

[quote user="baldyboy"]nother great piece of management from this shambles of a club!! How can you let TWO goalkeepers out on loan without a recall clause and leave only TWO at the club. sums up the sh!t management again.[/quote]

Not entirely down to your management.  I think you''ll find that the Gallacher loan is regarded as an international loan (Scotland a separate country) and I don''t think there can be recall arrangements for such loans.  The Morecambe arrangement is, of course, another matter.

Thought Gilks was walking gingerly around chapplefield on Sunday, thought if he insisted on doing his xmas shopping he would have some crutches!