Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

ditch the cruddy entrance music now!!!

is it me or am i getting older, but the entrance music the players run out to is a trashy, ill-defined cruddy holwer of a song.  i reckon rob chandler probably fixed the radio broadland poll  to saddle fortress  carra rd with this albatross.  get rid now i say.  how about - yazz-''the only way is up!''surely this inspriational feel good tuneful number is just what''s required to help the boys morale???with this number on board, the boys could probably ditch their pre-match huddle!!! such is its motivational powers.

The current run-out music is ''club foot'' by Kasabian.Interestingly, our players have started passing the ball as if they''ve taken the title too much to heart.At the moment, ''Down Down'' by Status Quo would get the Barclay End rocking.

I''d like to know who the 250 people were who voted for that music, its horrible.

There was 250? How wrong did they get it?

Welcome to the Jungle- Guns and Roses

Out in the fields- Thin Lizzy

All fired up- Pat Benatar

Kashmir- Led Zepplin

Any of those will do for me

250 people, was that all? To be honest, it''s not that bad, quite like it, but shouldn''t we just forget all credibilty for now and bring back that great tune "The Canaries" of the 70s. I would love to hear it again and it is about our club. Would rather hear that old song than the modern replacement of a sing along OTBC aided by someone who''s paid for the privilege.

Come to think of it, wasn''t the Kasbian song chosen in a competition on R Broadland, doesn''t say much for their listening figures does it lol

Sorry I got that wrong 2000 voted in total and this was the % each song got.

1. Club Foot by Kasabian, with 25pc  (500 votes) - winner

2. We Will Rock You by Queen with 23pc

=3. Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis with 16pc

=3. Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones with 16pc

5. 500 miles by The Proclaimers with 12pc

6. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor with 9pc

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry I got that wrong 2000 voted in total and this was the % each song got.

1. Club Foot by Kasabian, with 25pc  (500 votes) - winner

2. We Will Rock You by Queen with 23pc

=3. Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis with 16pc

=3. Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones with 16pc

5. 500 miles by The Proclaimers with 12pc

6. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor with 9pc

[/quote]

To be fair it''s the best of an astonishingly bad bunch.

personally what was wrong with the promotion winning seasons entrance tunesome of u might no know it but id of gone for "never gonna stop" by rob zombie

Surely "The Heat Is On" would be appropriate and at least it''s upbeat.  Still, what can you expect if Radio Broadland are involved.  Who does Rob Chandler support?!! 

Frankie goes to holloywood- 2 tribez...

when the players are in the tunnel start it up so the air raid sirens play, then as they run out the music starts.. would build he atmosphere up brilliantly!

jas :)

I''d go the Classical route, loud and stiring, I''m particularly keen on the Sunderland one which I believe is from Romeo and Juliet (Dance of the Knights?) I''m sure someone will correct me given the cultural nature of most discussions on here, or Camina Burana (the theme from the Omen) is also nice and intimidating

Or alternatively how about something from ''Normal for Norfolk''.

Blitzkreig Bop! why did that recieve only 16%? that would be unbelievabley good.

personally i think bloodsplat by  Wakeing the Cadaver sh*t the oppo up; http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=172041021

or Orchestra of Wolves by Gallows: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4459262

But if i could choose a proper song, it would be Robot Rock by Daft Punk, the start of that would really get the ground pumping.

I concur Lucky Green - clubfoot is a shocking song for a team to come out to, but also have to say the choice was shocking....we will rock you is far to cheesy - id be expecting good old john fashanu to come out (maybe in a cheeky tweed jacket!) and introduce the gladiators...Hang on, thats not a bad idea!! Introduce the players one by one, as if they were gladiators....maybe give them some helmets - a few swords here and there, and maybe, we''d have half a chance.But back to the point - Faithless - Insomnia is a great choice, it was our tune in the promotion season but i think its had its time now, and lots of other clubs use it.I think two tribes is a great shout - think it would work really well.Other possibilities: ''See who I am'' by Within Temptation (My fave choice!!)        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=636546BAt0UAdagio for strings - (original, william orbit, or tiesto mix!)Killer - Seal (Adamski remix)It''s my turn - AngelicBeast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJwllkUwB90

Oh yeah just thought of some more -Pulse by Mad capsule markets             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMnLIJSY1vYI like the idea of Buck Rodgers by FeederPrayer by Disturbed           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uc65zmJslATeen spirit by Nirvana

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Frankie goes to holloywood- 2 tribez...

when the players are in the tunnel start it up so the air raid sirens play, then as they run out the music starts.. would build he atmosphere up brilliantly!

jas :)

[/quote]nice one jas - trouble is we''ve ''bombed'' too much at FCR this season already!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]is it me or am i getting older, but the entrance music the players run out to is a trashy, ill-defined cruddy holwer of a song.  i reckon rob chandler probably fixed the radio broadland poll  to saddle fortress  carra rd with this albatross.  get rid now i say. 

how about - yazz-''the only way is up!''

surely this inspriational feel good tuneful number is just what''s required to help the boys morale???

with this number on board, the boys could probably ditch their pre-match huddle!!! such is its motivational powers.
[/quote]

A great suggestion lgt, I second that. A tune like that could indeed prove to be a great motivational tool [Y] [8] [:D]

anyone watch the boxing program called THE CONTENDER??

if so the music of that, and what is it called if somebody knows

[quote user="jimmy500"]I said before and I will say again, the only song we should consider is ''No Limits'' by 2 unlimited.  Lyrically uplifting and musically certain to get the heart rate going.[/quote]

Do you think hearing the word "no" fifty times in a row would be uplifting?

we8wba, is this the music that sounds unbelieveabley like the music from Pirates of the Caribbean (it is done by the same guy)? Hes called Hans Zimmer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNNTbNyJws&feature=related

Thats the link, if you want to get it I recommend iMesh and putting in ''contender theme''. Good shout, however I have a sneaky suspicion this is the loud music they play just before they run out that I wanted to get. So now I have it