Sign in to follow this  
Arizona Bay

Call off the protests as a mark of respect.

I write to ask those organising or participating in this weekend''s "protests" to reconsider as a mark of respect to Graham Paddon''s family.  

Couldn''t agree more. There is a time and a place if you really want to protest, in light of this sad news, Saturday isn''t that time

Postpone it until the 8th December, against Sheff Utd.14 days won''t make the slightest bit of difference.Protesting on the same day as a minute''s silence for a suddenly departed legend just isn''t right.

[quote user="Arizona Bay"]I write to ask those organising or participating in this weekend''s "protests" to reconsider as a mark of respect to Graham Paddon''s family.

[/quote]

I would like people not to use this sad news to score points one way or the other.

A minute''s silence before kick-off is surely deserved.  Calling off a "protest" against the current board of directors is not.

Totally agree with this. The board will keep - this would in no way be letting them off the hook.   Paddon was a swashbuckling figure in the first City team i saw. Instantly recognisable, and a big entertainer, with that left peg, which resembled a cannon. Lets all get together and show some respect to a true canary legend. Whatever our politics. And lets win for Paddons memory. How about it?

I am all for protests at the right time, however I agree totally that in light of this tragic news protests should, as a mark of respect to Padd''s and his family, be postponed.

Condolences to Graham''s family & friends, RIP a true canary legend.

Agree entirely 

Paddon was a Legend at this club - the day should be a tribute to one of the greatest and most respected players at this club - who, like many others before and after took this County to their hearts and remained long after their playing days were over.

If you want to protest you will receive more respect by making it known that the postponment is a mark of respect for the player.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

[quote user="Arizona Bay"]I write to ask those organising or participating in this weekend''s "protests" to reconsider as a mark of respect to Graham Paddon''s family.

[/quote]

I would like people not to use this sad news to score points one way or the other.

A minute''s silence before kick-off is surely deserved.  Calling off a "protest" against the current board of directors is not.

[/quote]

not a calling off just a postponement to allow all to come together to mark the passing of a city legend, there''s plenty more opportunities for those who wish to protest to do so, but we won''t get another chance to say goodbye to Pads

[/quote]

Absolutely agree with you. Somtimes this sort of stuff needs to take a back seat.

Smudger, please assure us you will drop it, if only for this match.

Definitely agree - and to anyone who is still considering to go ahead with one on Saturday, you are an absolute f*****g disgrace and a total embarrassment to the club [8o|]

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

[/quote]Who''s point-scoring?I''m simply saying that a protest on Saturday would be hugely inappropriate.Delay the protest ''til the 8th December - he Sheff Utd game; the protesters still get to have their say and get their message across, and everyone can use Saturday as it surely should be used: to celebrate the life of a legend.

If Smudger et al still want to do it, then they should.  Freedom of speech and all that.I think that most people would consider it to be in poor taste if they do though.

[quote user="alf a witter"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]If Smudger et al still want to do it, then they should.  Freedom of speech and all that.I think that most people would consider it to be in poor taste if they do though.[/quote]

freedom of speech is the last refuge of a coward

[/quote]Surely, only cowards know where their last refuge is.  Otherwise people would know where to look for them when all their other refuges have gone.Is this how you know ?  Are you a coward ?  The other cowards will be quite upset that you''ve told people where their last refuge is.  I suggest you hide.  But where ?  You''ve already told us where you''ll be - hiding behind freedom of speech.I think I need to have a lie down...

No iff , buts , or maybes, i support the protests very strongley , however they MUST BE CALLED OFF THIS WEEKEND, saw a large proportion of Grahams 340 games, A true 100% player and Norwich city Legend. we must respect him and his family.

"Paddon for England   Jimmy for Scotland."

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The proposed plans for Saturday 24th November will go ahead as planned...

Another vain attempt by those with no balls to put a halt to matters... and frnakly I find it disgusting that those of you out there would hind behind a City heros death to further your own agendas...

All protesters (if any at all) will also mark the Passing of Graham Paddon and pay our respects with a minutes silence... but don''t for one minute think that this is going to let those in the boardroom and the sheep who support them off the hook.

Surely Graham would want what is best for the future of NCFC as a football club right???

[/quote]

In my personal opinion, given the changes that appear to be taking place right now, to protest on Saturday would be premature.  However, following today''s tragic news it would be inexcusable.  For the sake of all that is decent please please don''t do it!

I remenber Graham from my teens and he will always be one of the first names to come to mind when I think about the days when were a team to be reckoned with.  RIP and thanks for the memories. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

All protesters (if any at all) will also mark the Passing of Graham Paddon and pay our respects with a minutes silence...

[/quote]

Can I suggest a minute''s applause instead? Seems fitting and increasingly more commonplace these days for our sportsmen

[quote]Another vain attempt by those with no balls to put a halt to matters...

and frnakly I find it disgusting that those of you out there would hind

behind a City heros death to further your own agendas...[/quote]Seriously Smudger, if you think it''s right to go ahead, you do so.  I can''t help but feel that you will be in a small minority though - people that support your stance on here have said that it would be the wrong thing to do in the circumstances in this thread.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another vain attempt by those with no balls to put a halt to matters... and frnakly I find it disgusting that those of you out there would hind behind a City heros death to further your own agendas...

All protesters (if any at all) will also mark the Passing of Graham Paddon and pay our respects with a minutes silence... but don''t for one minute think that this is going to let those in the boardroom and the sheep who support them off the hook.

Surely Graham would want what is best for the future of NCFC as a football club right???

[/quote]

2 words......Oh dear.

[quote user="Smudger"]Another vain attempt by those with no balls to put a halt to matters...[/quote]

No actually, you''re wrong, not a "halt".  I was suggesting a postponement, a delay until the next Saturday home game, 14 days later, on the 8th December.  Is that really too much to bear?

[quote user="Smudger"] hind behind a City heros death to further your own agendas...[/quote]

Well, I''m certainly surprised to find out I''ve got an "agenda", aside from a profound wish that a day celebrating the life of a legend doesn''t get tarnished with the bad feeling that any protest will undoubtedly provoke.

Oh that''s sad that you won''t relent on this one matchday and postpone the protest, I have to say that although I have defended many on freedom to protest etc this past few weeks, I cannot and will not support a protest on the day we will be paying respects to a NC legend, I''m sorry.

I know if it was my father, even though mine has sadly passed (god rest his soul), it would add extra upset to hear protests on a day which IMHO should be filled with respect, dignity and fond memories.

Sorry but that is just how I feel personally.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you would stoop so low as to undermine the death of a former player just to further your own crusade against the board?

you are so low its incredible, no one is proposing you back out of your pathetic little toy chucking affair, but just asking you to POSTPONE  yes smudger POSTPONE that means put it off for a week, all you will do is alienate those you want on your side.

Surely a postponement would be the sensible solution given that many of your fellow protestors have also voiced their concern at protesting on the same day that we honour a City legend? Just a thought...

I''m with Smudger on this one.

There is no reason why the protest should not go ahead as planned as long as the protesters pay their respect to Graham Paddon with a minutes silence like everybody else who is attending. It will show that they are genuine fans and not the disruptive thugs that some make them out to be.

Oh and can we make sure it is a minutes silence please and not this new fangled minutes applause nonsense. I know it''s difficult for some members of society to keep quiet for one minute without swearing/belching/boasting about their latest sexual contest/talking about Facebook but it''s so much more respectful.