Sign in to follow this  
ca

EEN letter page tonight

Well done to gazzathegreat for her long letter in the EEN tonight, she made some great points, lets hope that the board read her letter and have also read one from Arthur earlier in the week.

Smudger - Didn''t see your letter, are those horrible people at Archant messing you about?

forgot to say, shows that all us annoying internet people can string a few words together, sorry haven''t mentioned it before Arthur; saw your letter today, well done, great points well made. Look forward to seeing yours Smudger!

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Smudger''s letter is definitely in the Evening News this Saturday... me and Pete have seen the page with our own eyes.

Order your copy now.
[/quote]

Prime edition then Smudger!  None of this old "mid-week" nonsense for the quality stuff eh?

I''m just off to find my hard hat in preparation........      [:)]

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Smudger''s letter is definitely in the Evening News this Saturday... me and Pete have seen the page with our own eyes.

Order your copy now.
[/quote]

Ive ordered my copy [:D]

Cant think of anything less likely to make me buy a copy....

Order your copy now.
[/quote]

Has anyone bought a copy yet? Dont usually go out and buy one on Saturdays as its the thinnest EEN of the week and theres nothing much in it, hence I guess why Archant have saved his letter for today to boost sales.

[quote user="Canary Ben002"]yer, unfortunatly its in there CA. Why, just cause smudger wrote it do i now want the board to stay!?![/quote] What''s the latest on your protest Ben ?

I have seen it, in fact bought the paper just to read it! Well it''s only 40p for god''s sake! Smudger has written a good letter, most of his points re the board are probably shared on here and elsewhere by City fans.

At least he''s got up and done something and got his protest publicised, which I assume was his main intention.

Order your copy now.
[/quote]

Does the EEN website actually carry the letters link? If it does, I can''t find it, but it may be me[:$]

Credit where credit is due, Smudger made his intentions to protest a few weeks ago and has never waived, he also said he would advertise the fact by letter to the local paper and he has. So unlike his mate Cluckie who moans and moans but does nothing, at least Smudger has balls.

His letter in full for anyone living out of Norfolk

Join me in protest march to tell the NCFC board how fans feel

I am writing to appeal to all NCFC fans who are sick of seeing our club run into the ground by a celebrity cook, to meet up at the Murderers at 1.30pm on Saturday Nov 24th.

I propose we walk down to Carrow Road at 2pm and call for the board to sell up (handing the reins onto someone who wishes to be at the helm of a successful football team and not a catering, hotel, travel, office empire) I have stated that the events we are witnessing now were coming for the best part of 2 years now, with only a few who were prepared to listen to what is now becoming clear to one and all.

It saddens me deeply that our fans have not questioned our board of directors more strongly. There have apologetically sat by as our club inevitably slides towards third tier of English Football for the first time in 48 years.

I can without doubt say that the current team is a disgrace to the yellow shirt. It is certainly the worst in my time of following the club(with many others I know stating exactly the same) I honestly do not see how nobody who still backs Delia, Wynn Jones, Mumby, Doncaster, Foulger and the Turners can say that they have the best interests of NCFC at heart.

It was not my wish to lead a demonstration but something must be done. I am willing to stand up and be counted for the good of our football club, how many ore of you are willing to join me? So lets meet up next Saturday at 1.30pm ( prior to the Coventry game) at the Murderers either inside or out in order to walk to Carrow Road at 2pm to tell this board of directors exactly what we think of them.

How many will turn up to show the board exactly how frustrated they are?

I am willing to give our fans this one last chance to show that they have the stomach for a fight.

Mark Smith

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]The EEN along with the EDP websites do not post the letters online. We feel the message boards are the online equivalent of the letters pages.[/quote]

Thanks Pat. I only asked because some Canary fans, like me, who live further afield obviously don''t get the chance to read the actual letters referred to on this BB. 

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]The EEN along with the EDP websites do not post the letters online. We feel the message boards are the online equivalent of the letters pages.[/quote]Oh, I wish."Regarding the letter from Mr. Whittle in Thursday''s Evening News.  I should like to inform him that my son is also a bit ''handy'' should the eggs and flour start flying.Yours etc.,Daisy Houseago."

Yes I know CA... indeed they were (or so it seems)...

But it was certainly in todays paper... have you seen it?

I think they left me for Saturday''s edition because the paper doesn''t sell as many on a Saturday...

Cynical?  Me?  Never!!! [:S]

[quote user="Cluck"]

Order your copy now.
[/quote]

Prime edition then Smudger!  None of this old "mid-week" nonsense for the quality stuff eh?

I''m just off to find my hard hat in preparation........      [:)]

[/quote]

Evening news doesn''t sell many copies on a Saturday does it???

Surely I should of been in Wednesday evenings or the EDP on a Thursday or Saturday???

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]    I''m going to get my copy signed, and then put it on eBay.
[/quote]

Do I get paid to sign it for you???

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]The EEN along with the EDP websites do not post the letters online. We feel the message boards are the online equivalent of the letters pages.[/quote]

Thanks Pat. I only asked because some Canary fans, like me, who live further afield obviously don''t get the chance to read the actual letters referred to on this BB. 

[/quote]

Un-edited version was on the original Delia/Protest thread anyhow.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]    I''m going to get my copy signed, and then put it on eBay.[/quote]

[/quote]50%?Smudger, I''ve been on your back a bit but I have to say fair play to you, I respect what you''re doing even if I am not yet convinced as to the benefits. Hopefully this feels much more exciting than sitting around hoping the team lose.

[quote user="buddhaboy"]just out of interest
what number greyfriars road??
we can chat about policies over tea and scones....
[/quote]

Are you in Greyfriars too then???

Hope it ain''t you that has been tampering with the car park doors???

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]    I''m going to get my copy signed, and then put it on eBay.
[/quote]

[/quote]

50%?

Smudger, I''ve been on your back a bit but I have to say fair play to you, I respect what you''re doing even if I am not yet convinced as to the benefits. Hopefully this feels much more exciting than sitting around hoping the team lose.
[/quote]

It remains to be seen what kind of effect it amy have, or even if enough people (or the right kinds of people) will join me in trying to make a difference... but at least I am trying mate.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

50%?

Smudger, I''ve been on your back a bit but I have to say fair play to you, I respect what you''re doing even if I am not yet convinced as to the benefits. Hopefully this feels much more exciting than sitting around hoping the team lose.
[/quote]

As for the commision... just come and join us on Saturday...

There may be a bit of leg pulling... but as long as you can take it (and don''t go over the top in giving it back) then I will sit and listen to any comments.

Buy me a [B] and I will sign your copy.... lol