Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Nigel Quashie on the way!!

Good player, if he is fit and on form he would be a major asset for us, exactly the sort of player we need at the moment.

Well done Glenn if this does come off!

decent purcahse i think on 1st thoughts, long you keep him fit etc.. he should add that vital bite to your midfield, also chips in with odd goals as well

This would be a great signing for us and if we stayed up he might might be tempted to make it permanant.

I''ve watched Quashie quite a lot when he was playing for Southampton. As a Premership player he is average but put in the Championship and he is a class act. 

He will bring some much needed creativity to our midfield. 

2 other sites reporting it now - cheepshot.co.uk and tribalfootball.com

it appears it is a done deal.....

I would like to be the first to say well done Glenn, fantastic signing if all is as appears to be.....Quashie is just the sort of creativity we need!!

Feel sorry for Fozzy tho, just getting back to fitness and not going to get a chance! but i must say i would rather have Quashie!

A good player at championship level. However, not sure why there''s posts talking about Quashie solving your creativity problems?He does the hard work, the chasing, harrying, tackling, dirty work. He won''t offer much going forward.

im not to sure how much creativity he will bring i.e unlocking oppoisitions defences

but he is defiantly a battler and a 110% player, as long he hits the first games on good form he''ll be great

[quote user="JohnWHU"]A good player at championship level. However, not sure why there''s posts talking about Quashie solving your creativity problems?

He does the hard work, the chasing, harrying, tackling, dirty work. He won''t offer much going forward.
[/quote]

Has to offer more attacking wise than Brellier or Russell are at the moment.  Quashie can actually pass a ball as well I think?

He seems to be the man to call upon in an emergency, obviously has a great charecter, is a grafter and has been there and done it. Plus he is also a very talented and accomplished footballer, if we did make the loan permanent or extend it to the end of the season, i still believe he has a fair few seasons in him.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="JohnWHU"]A good player at championship level. However, not sure why there''s posts talking about Quashie solving your creativity problems?

He does the hard work, the chasing, harrying, tackling, dirty work. He won''t offer much going forward.
[/quote]

Has to offer more attacking wise than Brellier or Russell are at the moment.  Quashie can actually pass a ball as well I think?

[/quote]

What, to a player who wears the same kit as he does??

Sounds too good to be true, go get him Glenn!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="JohnWHU"]A good player at championship level. However, not sure why there''s posts talking about Quashie solving your creativity problems?He does the hard work, the chasing, harrying, tackling, dirty work. He won''t offer much going forward. [/quote]

[/quote]Within a 10 yard radius? Yes.Any further? Not a chance

[quote user="JohnWHU"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="JohnWHU"]A good player at championship level. However, not sure why there''s posts talking about Quashie solving your creativity problems?He does the hard work, the chasing, harrying, tackling, dirty work. He won''t offer much going forward. [/quote]

[/quote]Within a 10 yard radius? Yes.Any further? Not a chance[/quote]Right now, we''ll take it.

I thought he had only made 7 appearances for West Ham John, from what I remember of him at Southampton he has got a hell of a shot on him and is very good at breaking up play and setting an attack in motion. I think he is a very good player at championship level but maybe not quite good enough for the prem.

[quote user="JohnWHU"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Within a 10 yard radius? Yes.

Any further? Not a chance
[/quote]

We''d settle for 10 yds right now.............................Have you seen us play recently?

[quote user="25overpar"][quote user="JohnWHU"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]Within a 10 yard radius? Yes.Any further? Not a chance[/quote]

We''d settle for 10 yds right now.............................Have you seen us play recently?

[/quote]Live? Not since the Cup match at Carrow Road. Ironic considering it was your ''crap'' keeper that gifted us a goal...!

[quote user="kdncfc"]I thought he had only made 7 appearances for West Ham John, from what I remember of him at Southampton he has got a hell of a shot on him and is very good at breaking up play and setting an attack in motion. I think he is a very good player at championship level but maybe not quite good enough for the prem.[/quote]West Ham thought he was. Didn''t they pay £1.5m for him ?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="kdncfc"]I thought he had only made 7 appearances for West Ham John, from what I remember of him at Southampton he has got a hell of a shot on him and is very good at breaking up play and setting an attack in motion. I think he is a very good player at championship level but maybe not quite good enough for the prem.[/quote]West Ham thought he was. Didn''t they pay £1.5m for him ?[/quote]Yep. Be very lucky to get half of that back I''d imagine.

He seems to be taking his time getting here.

Is he travelling with Davenport and Carl Cort, who are always mentioned as on their way here? [;)]

Seriously, this is nothing to get excited about.At Fratton Park the fans still sing "QUASHIE, QUASHIE!" whenever a shot goes high and wide.....no matter who is fluffing it.All ''PASSION'' and ''GRIT'' with no real quality at all.

Well, I can tell you it''s not Quashie. He and I happen to have a mutual mate. I got them to ask him and he said it was ''news to him'' and hadn''t even heard anything from Norwich but is considering moves to ''bigger clubs'' one of which is one of the old firm two... Not sure who the others are but if it''s a choice between us and Rangers or Celtic, I can guess where he''ll be going...

Hmm,  anything is better than Brellier or Rusty but he has never impressed me,  but thats looking at premier level so he may be ok;  a pompey fan I work with reckons he is a couple of seasons past it and no longer has the drive to succeed.

[quote user="pete_norw"]I have also heared that in addition to this we are going to get Nugent as well[/quote]

HAHA - did you say that right? or am i mistaken, is there another nugent in lower leagues?

because if you on about david nugent of pompey - well haha 0.01% chance that happening this season mate! hope im wrong though