Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Fozzy and the Doh on the way back.

look forward to fozzy being back, he was one of our best if not our most in form player in our start this season, and his injury coincided with us being really crap

i think that fotheringham is absolutely pants

he is just like robinson, passes it sidewards and backwards all of the time and when he does go forward he gives the ball away

a lot of people were slating him off last year and now everyone loves him?????

i suppose he can''t be any worse than what we have got but he is certrainly no better

I''m amazed that Fozzy is back in contention as the lack of news re his injury had led me to think we were looking at end December (earliest). Lets hope he can prove his recovery from what was a nasty injury and get some match fitness in. I''m sure GR will be keen to see what he can do but as others have said it''s a sign of the times that we could be putting a hell of a lot of hope in him being the answer to our prayers based on that 20 or so minutes way back in the summer!!

Maybe the guy from Newcastle + Fozzy could be the new central midfield pairing??   

[quote user="city boy 4 life"]docherty please someone tell me we can do better than that!!!  [/quote]Yes, I mean the defense has been SO solid since golden-boy Shackell has been back in the team...

It really annoys me that people always hail the players who aren''t in the team as some kind of saviour. I''ve only seen Fortheringham play well once. He came on at half-time against Southampton and played well for 20 minutes before going off injured. Suddenly he''s the answer to all our problems. I''m not saying he''s a bad player but nor is he going to change our season around.

It was the same when we were in the premiership. I remember being at Charlton and everyone saying that Phil Mulryne should be in the team. As if he came on it would change everything around. Of course we saw that Mulryne - as good as he was in our play off season - couldn''t do it in the Premiership.

As for Doherty he is probably our best centre back but it doesn''t please me to say that.

Good news that both are on their way back, going to watch the reserves in a bit so will be interesting to see what their fitness and sharpness is like.

At first I thought Fozzie looked a bit ordinary but I would think he''s probably very grateful for the opportunity City have given him and I expect he''ll give 110% for the cause. Hopefully he''ll have some quality to match it.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="city boy 4 life"]docherty please someone tell me we can do better than that!!!  [/quote]

Yes, I mean the defense has been SO solid since golden-boy Shackell has been back in the team...
[/quote]

Whats that? If you mean defence then i would understand what you mean[H]

[quote user="GJP"]

Good news that both are on their way back, going to watch the reserves in a bit so will be interesting to see what their fitness and sharpness is like.

At first I thought Fozzie looked a bit ordinary but I would think he''s probably very grateful for the opportunity City have given him and I expect he''ll give 110% for the cause. Hopefully he''ll have some quality to match it.

[/quote]I won''t be pinning to many hopes on Fotheringham, he has been ordinary at best apart from a good 20 minutes against Southampton. Hope he proves me wrong but I can''t see it.

[quote user="C.T "]

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="city boy 4 life"]docherty please someone tell me we can do better than that!!!  [/quote]

Yes, I mean the defense has been SO solid since golden-boy Shackell has been back in the team...
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that should be: "What''s that? If you mean defence then I would understand what you mean."

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="C.T "]

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="city boy 4 life"]docherty please someone tell me we can do better than that!!!  [/quote]Yes, I mean the defense has been SO solid since golden-boy Shackell has been back in the team...[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that should be: "What''s that? If you mean defence then I would understand what you mean."

[/quote]oh woah. he missed out an apostrophe ... big deal, get over it.