Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

"Andrew" Hughes skipper of Leeds Utd

In today''s Daily Mirror under the headline - "Skipper Hughes: We are the beasts in this division, but Beckford is different class", there are quite a few quotes from "Andrew". The best of the quotes were - "We are playing football but we are doing a lot of hard work and grinding. It''s not going to be pretty. I honestly can''t see us playing amazingly week in week out but we''ve just got to keep battling" and - "Some of our players are top-quality players on the ball but some of us are UGLY and KNOW OUR LIMITS."

Well done Andy, keep up the good work.

One in the eye for our so-called fans who gave this guy a tough time. Honest and hardworking -not much of that in the team at the moment. A true professional who gives his all at all times. Now he would be an ideal "loan" player. One can only wonder why PG could not offer him regular first team football when you see the dross he recruited in his place.

You are a credit to the game and if City do survive in the Championship there are many amongst us who will welcome you back with Leeds. 

Sorry but he was rubbish. I''m surprised we managed to get any money for him let alone £125k. Don''t dislike him as a person but then again I don''t dislike him as a person but then again I didn''t dislike Steve Walsh but am not lamenting his absence from our current squad

[quote user="jimmy500"]Never should have sold him.  Grit, determination and effort.  Lacked quality for but never shirked a tackle and chased everything.  I think you need 1 or 2 like that in every team.[/quote]

Spot On, I always like Andy HUUUUUUUGHES!

If half of our team played with his passion for the club and game we wouldn''t be in this mess!

Another good player that Grant Sold!

Good luck to the man, captain as well!

Ok so his kill wasn''t great but his heart was in the right place and that counts for a lot in this league and in League 1 by the looks of it!

I bet some of you wish he was here now?

Cheers

Hughes would be a good player for us at the moment and any "fan" who booed him should be totally ashamed of themselves.  Really pleased to see him doing well, even if it is at dirty Leeds.

Sorry, Hughes was never any good for norwich.  Another case of some norwich fans getting so used to seeing crap players, that you now think that they are actually quite good.   We wouldnt be in this situation if it wasnt for players exactly like hughes.  Jack of all trades.....master of none.   Watching him used to make me cringe. I remember he once played a 10 yard pass, missed our player and it went out for a throw......and you guys want this back?  Oh dear.

Having said all that, he still seemed a nice enough guy and I wish him well at leeds.  League 1 is about the right standard for AH.

[quote user="The Sweeney"]

One in the eye for our so-called fans who gave this guy a tough time. Honest and hardworking -not much of that in the team at the moment. A true professional who gives his all at all times. Now he would be an ideal "loan" player. One can only wonder why PG could not offer him regular first team football when you see the dross he recruited in his place.

You are a credit to the game and if City do survive in the Championship there are many amongst us who will welcome you back with Leeds. 

[/quote]A true professional? Didn''t he attack a fan?I''m sorry - people are remembering him better than he was. He''s currently playing in a side a league below us, which is where his talent lies. Leeds will ditch him if they get promoted.

Hughes was utter utter crap.   The only reason we could want him back is somehow we have a team full of awful players - he would probably fit in quite well.  The only player in the squad he could replace is Daryl Russel who is more or less the same player anyway.

Hughes got better as last season went on. In fact at right back i thought he did a solid job. Yes, he was never going to be a top player, but how we could do with him now!!! He played with determination, passion, never stopped running and in our current team that would make a difference. He''s better defensively than Jon ''Dont Bother marking'' Otsemobor.

Hughes has obviously found his level at League 1, he doesnt have the 90 mins level of consistency to play at the highest level, but his attributes are suited to League 1 football.I wasnt happy to see him go as i did actually like him, more for his passion, commitment and workrate rather than his football ability! but i do think that Grant was right to let him go, he was never going to get in the side ahead of Otsemebor, who i think is the best right back weve had since Kenton, despite mixed reviews. He was a good squad player, and the plan was that we had so many ''better'' players and we were moving onwards and upwards that he wouldnt even make the bench.How things have changed. If we were top of the league Hughes wouldnt get a sniff, bottom of the league in a relegration scrap however and he is exactly the sort of player we need. Someone with heart, passion, commitment, and who most certainly would be up for the fight of battling relegation. Its clear at the moment we dont have anyone in the team with the fight that Hughes would and did show for us, and its desperately needed.

Take your sun glasses off Duffman- they obviously cloud your access to common sense. Do you honestly think that no player makes a poor pass during his career-we certainly have seen many at Carrow Road this season. As for getting used to seeing crap players your post makes me realise that we have some crap supporters. Back to Springfield-Mo is waiting for you!! 

[quote user="The Sweeney"]Take your sun glasses off Duffman- they obviously cloud your access to common sense. Do you honestly think that no player makes a poor pass during his career-we certainly have seen many at Carrow Road this season. As for getting used to seeing crap players your post makes me realise that we have some crap supporters. Back to Springfield-Mo is waiting for you!! [/quote]

Yes, I am aware that footballers tend to play a few stray passes but when it is constant, game after game you have to start to wonder what the hell is this guy doing in our team.   PG did very few good things in his time here but getting rid of the crap Worthington had brought was about as good as he got.  

Im afraid Sweeney, that you are exactly the type of supporter I am referring to and if you think we need Andy Hughes on loan then you deserve to be watching lower league football.  You have seen so many poor players at carrow road that you start to think we actually need them.  Maybe we should get him back for the trip to Colchester next month, I seem to remember he played a blinder at Layer Road last year. Or maybe we can get him for the Hull home game, when we''re winning in the last few minutes we can give the ball to Hughes and he can punt it up the field to their defenders who will then play it back and they score, you''re right we do miss him.

[quote user="The Sweeney"]Take your sun glasses off Duffman- they obviously cloud your access to common sense. Do you honestly think that no player makes a poor pass during his career-we certainly have seen many at Carrow Road this season. As for getting used to seeing crap players your post makes me realise that we have some crap supporters. Back to Springfield-Mo is waiting for you!! [/quote]

not seen many midfielders make as many poor passes as Hughes however.  He improved towards the end of his time here when played at Right Back.   As for crap players, well players not up to championship standard do exist - Clint Easton is a classic example.  We appear to have a fair few Clint Easton''s in our side at the moment.  Might explain how we managed to be 6 points off safety after only 16 games of the season!

And anybody who thinks we won''t go down just go back and look at the table to see just how abysmal we are.  It''s 2 points out of 33 or something!  Roeder is doing just what we need at the moment, bringing in new players, cos the current crop will get us relegated.

[quote user="Dicky"]Hughes would be a good player for us at the moment and any "fan" who booed him should be totally ashamed of themselves.  Really pleased to see him doing well, even if it is at dirty Leeds.[/quote]I booed him. Most games actaully especially QPR away when he was throwing V''s at our fans. I pay for the ticket I''ll give my opinion thanks.Yes he had tremendous drive, probably the funniest player ever to sit in our dressing room too. The fact that Drury was made captain over him when the captaincy would have been Hughes only decent contribution was pathetic. He was useless at Reading and useless for us. He was at best an adequate RB but if you''re going to play him he HAS to be captainNot rocket science

Andy Hughes was one of the worst players I ever saw play for Norwich. He tried hard and ran around a lot, but he just wasn''t good enough.

The funny thing was that he became a cult hero for some people not DESPITE being crap but BECAUSE he was crap.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]I booed him. Most games actaully especially QPR away when he was throwing V''s at our fans. I pay for the ticket I''ll give my opinion thanks.[/quote]Paying for a ticket at Carrow Road doesn''t make you a Norwich supporter, as your attitude shows so well. Pathetic.