Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

Protest Confirmed

Hi all.

Ill keep it short and simple

Protest is 24th December starting at 1:30pm Before and after the match and is strictly against the board ONLY! Not Glenn Roader or players! Sky sports have been arranged as have local tv stations and newspapers. I will arange for details to appear in the local press beforehand aswell.

Please turn up outside the riverside swimming complex, Bring banners, etc. Lets make lots of noice and get our point across. During the match lets make even more noice and get behind our team! We may even win!

Any question wright them below

(Norfolk constabularory will be there aswell so keep it claen people)

Think you need to read the ''''Delia you are a disgrace - protest thread'''' Smudger has already organised a protest for the 24th November.

nay chance, i may be wrong but i think where to blame, us so called fans are always blaming the players/managers/ board /groundsman , police, rspb, shopkeepers, but we are so negative after one little thing, can we not stick together through 90 mins  

cityangel wrote 

Think you need to read the ''''Delia you are a disgrace - protest thread'''' Smudger has already organised a protest for the 24th November.

It''s just like First buses CA wait for one and then two come along at once!

[quote user="Canary Ben002"]

Hi all.

Ill keep it short and simple

Protest is 24th December starting at 1:30pm Before and after the match and is strictly against the board ONLY! Not Glenn Roader or players! Sky sports have been arranged as have local tv stations and newspapers. I will arange for details to appear in the local press beforehand aswell.

Please turn up outside the riverside swimming complex, Bring banners, etc. Lets make lots of noice and get our point across. During the match lets make even more noice and get behind our team! We may even win!

Any question wright them below

(Norfolk constabularory will be there aswell so keep it claen people)

[/quote]

Hello Ben, is this serious or a wind up? I know a lot of people who would attend if serious.

I hope it is a wind up. I think all this Delia bashing has gone far enough. They did save us from financial doom and have raised the profile of the club. As for the hotels, restaurants (very nice by the way) and flats I don''t know if they are losing us money. They have made a couple of big mistakes and they were not signing a striker when we went up and appointing the worst manager in our history in Peter Grant. We should have bought Peter Crouch instead of waiting until January for Dean Ashton. Yet while everyone would like to see us playing Premiership football I would settle for us playing entertaining football and competing in the Champiosnhip. We are not at the moment and that is the fault of one man - Peter Grant.

They have backed their managers with finances, smashing our transfer record with the signings of Dean Ashton and Robert Earnshaw. They also gave Peter Grant money to spend in the summer and if anything they perhaps have not questioned the manager''s signings enough. I can''t believe they allowed the caretaker to sign Hartson.

Peter Grant is the reason for our problems right now. He signed terrible players in the summer and his constant criticisms of the players in public have left us with a weak squad who are low on quality and confidence.

Of course the board did appoint the manager and I suppose the buck must stop somewhere for that but I don''t think there has been a lack of investment in the team. Ipswich are currently in the top six having won all their home games and they have had no money to spend. That is all set to change with the proposed takeover but my point is that they have risen up the table with a team assembled for little money.

So although I do think the board have made mistakes I don''t believe Delia deserves the personal criticism. Nor do I see what good a protest will do in our current situation. And if she did walk away I''d await the inevitable posts on here thanking her for her efforts.

I respect your points and would like to understand this is not delia bashing but protests againgst the boeard in generall and the lack of support they have shown in the last two / 4years. Would you not prefere a club that is not staring relegation in the face. woulnt you prefere a club where we were in the premiership. Woudnt you prefer a club that is not bottom of the league staring league 1 n the face?

This is not just delia but the whole lot of them!

sorry all, i ment the 24th November

A piece will go into the edp and evening news about this protest tommorow or the day after.

THIS IS NOT AGAINST DELIA BUT THE WHOLE BOARD AND THE LACK OF PASSION AND SUPPORT SHOWN!

We have the 2nd best fans in the chapionship, and alot better than some premier league clubs and yet we are almost in league one! WE DESERVE BETTER!

The vitriol against Delia Smith is watering down the strength of argument of the protesters ans handing a ''get out of jail free'' card to too many others.

The purpose is to attack a woman with a decent public image and, in fairness, a pleasant individual in her own right and thus indirectly inflame others around her. I can see the tactic but it isn''t working. Go for the Board as an entity.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

The vitriol against Delia Smith is watering down the strength of argument of the protesters ans handing a ''get out of jail free'' card to too many others.

The purpose is to attack a woman with a decent public image and, in fairness, a pleasant individual in her own right and thus indirectly inflame others around her. I can see the tactic but it isn''t working. Go for the Board as an entity.

[/quote]

Brilliant RH, these are the words i''ve been thinking for ages also, just not managed to put them in print. This is a post that knocks the nail firmly on the head [Y]

Web team should pin this at the top of the page if genuine.

What you need to ask yourself is when is the right time? when we are relegated? in administration? playing league 1? the conference?

A pointless exercise if there is one, a) what do you hope to gain  b) we have no one else who wants to buy or invest into the club and if you saw delia a few weeks ago on sky sports news she stated she was interested in selling her shares if the right buyer comes along. c) how does protesting make this situation right and improve the team and the clubs league postion its not the broad that we need to blame its the players who have been making sub standard performance week in week out. d) even if there was money available which high calibre players can you see coming to norwich at present?

Lets be realistic this is more of a supporters showcase than trying to make a change.... we need to wait and see what happens in the jan transfer window before we start pointing the finger.

Like most on these message boards, I am very unhappy with the league position of the football team, but I am really concerned about the objective of any planned demonstration.

What is the stated objective? To let them know how unhappy we are with the teams league position? They know that anyway.

To make them resign? If so, how will that help us? We will still be at the bottom of the table 7 points adrift from safety. If all the directors were to resign without replacements, then the club would be in breach of company law and could be wound up!

To make them invest in the team? We all hope (and expect them to do so) but they can''t buy any players until January.

If the directors were to sell, there would be no investment in the January window as the sale is unlikely to be concluded by then and they will not be able to sanction the purchase of players while in the process of selling the club.

If Delia was to resign, then the bank loans and long term debts are likely to have to be renewed. This could potentially leave us in the position of having to pay the £20m of loans immediately or be placed into administration. That would almost certainly guarantee relegation with the docking of 10 points

Before demanding that the board resign and that Delia resign, think through the implications first.

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]

I hope it is a wind up. I think all this Delia bashing has gone far enough. They did save us from financial doom and have raised the profile of the club. As for the hotels, restaurants (very nice by the way) and flats I don''t know if they are losing us money. They have made a couple of big mistakes and they were not signing a striker when we went up and appointing the worst manager in our history in Peter Grant. We should have bought Peter Crouch instead of waiting until January for Dean Ashton. Yet while everyone would like to see us playing Premiership football I would settle for us playing entertaining football and competing in the Champiosnhip. We are not at the moment and that is the fault of one man - Peter Grant.[/quote]

And who appointed him? Urm, the board. Whoops.

They have backed their managers with finances, smashing our transfer record with the signings of Dean Ashton and Robert Earnshaw. They also gave Peter Grant money to spend in the summer and if anything they perhaps have not questioned the manager''s signings enough. I can''t believe they allowed the caretaker to sign Hartson.[/quote]

Ashton and Earnshaw who were both sold for profits that were then not invested back into the team.And yes they did allow Duffy to sign Hartson. Why? Becuase they know nothing about football, a fact that is now painfully obvious.

Peter Grant is the reason for our problems right now. He signed terrible players in the summer and his constant criticisms of the players in public have left us with a weak squad who are low on quality and confidence.[/quote]

But the board were the ones who appointed him rather than going for an experienced manager.And they signed off on all his transfers.AND they constantly made press releases sayig they had the utmost faith in him, even when it was embarrassingly apparent that he was hugely out of his depth.

Of course the board did appoint the manager and I suppose the buck must stop somewhere for that but I don''t think there has been a lack of investment in the team. Ipswich are currently in the top six having won all their home games and they have had no money to spend. That is all set to change with the proposed takeover but my point is that they have risen up the table with a team assembled for little money.[/quote]

You don''t think there has been a lack of investment in the team?Take a look at the squad.Show me one player worth a million quid.NOT A SINGLE ONE.This is the worst City side for DECADES.

So although I do think the board have made mistakes I don''t believe Delia deserves the personal criticism. Nor do I see what good a protest will do in our current situation. And if she did walk away I''d await the inevitable posts on here thanking her for her efforts.[/quote]

Aww don;t wanna hurt widdle Delia''s feelings? Grow up, if it was a bloke in this position we''d be baying for his blood.

Please let me no if im wrong in what im saying, not just the people who have challanged me but anyone. this is in regards to your commets and the answers im giving

1) Wait untill we are down or safe

- Why? If we get relegated we weill most prbably be forced into administration. We will lose any player that could pull us out of this league at lower prices. Ever heard of the relegation release clause. By my understanding most players @ NCFC have this in there contract. Its the same as a non promotion release clause only the opposite.

2) Delia saved this club

- Granted delia did supposedly save this club and to an extent i agree with this, however just becase she did good once does not mean she can get away with what is happening now. IMo she has lost focus pehaps, when she joined our club she stated, i will not go back into television work as i will soely concentrate on NCFC. Is she now not doing TV work again? I personnally do not feel it is just delia to blame. I will the whole board is responsible, not just one person which is why this protest is in regards to the entire board

3) What do you want to achieve

-To officially let delia MWJ, Mumby, Doncaster, and co that WE are not happy. that in january if funds arnt available or are not going to be made available then they might aswell start actively looking for a buyer now

What do i want.

Our club has the secound best group of fans in the league-                            FACT

We have better fan basses than alot of premier league clubs                           FACT

I want our club to be able to compete at the championship level successfully, and not look as if there is a possibility in this club which we the fans spend so much of our money and time with going into administration or and league 1 and quite simply that is what will happen under the current reigeme. I want our club to be able to compete at the highest level like any fan but imo we deserve to, not just cause ''we are to bigger a club'' but because of our fantastic fans, our astounding history and so my kids can see us beat Man U 2-0 again at carrow road, not losing to the likes of doncaster rovers week in week out!

THATS WHY THEESE PROTESTS NEED TO HAPPEN NOW BEFORE THE JANUARY TRANSFERE WINDOW!

any more questions polease ask

Just to confirm

SATURDAY 24TH NOVEMBER

1:30PM RIVERSIDE SWIMMMING POOL

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]Like most on these message boards, I am very unhappy with the league position of the football team, but I am really concerned about the objective of any planned demonstration. What is the stated objective? To let them know how unhappy we are with the teams league position? They know that anyway. To make them resign? If so, how will that help us? We will still be at the bottom of the table 7 points adrift from safety. If all the directors were to resign without replacements, then the club would be in breach of company law and could be wound up! To make them invest in the team? We all hope (and expect them to do so) but they can''t buy any players until January. If the directors were to sell, there would be no investment in the January window as the sale is unlikely to be concluded by then and they will not be able to sanction the purchase of players while in the process of selling the club. If Delia was to resign, then the bank loans and long term debts are likely to have to be renewed. This could potentially leave us in the position of having to pay the £20m of loans immediately or be placed into administration. That would almost certainly guarantee relegation with the docking of 10 points Before demanding that the board resign and that Delia resign, think through the implications first.[/quote]

Bloody hell - someone that talks sense - Smudger and his crones won''t like that one little bit !!

[quote user="cityangel"]Think you need to read the ''''Delia you are a disgrace - protest thread'''' Smudger has already organised a protest for the 24th November.[/quote]

You tryin to tell me that smudger is goin to carrow road? belive it when i see it.

[quote user="Canary Ben002"]

Please let me no if im wrong in what im saying, not just the people who have challanged me but anyone. this is in regards to your commets and the answers im giving

1) Wait untill we are down or safe

- Why? If we get relegated we weill most prbably be forced into administration. We will lose any player that could pull us out of this league at lower prices. Ever heard of the relegation release clause. By my understanding most players @ NCFC have this in there contract. Its the same as a non promotion release clause only the opposite.

2) Delia saved this club

- Granted delia did supposedly save this club and to an extent i agree with this, however just becase she did good once does not mean she can get away with what is happening now. IMo she has lost focus pehaps, when she joined our club she stated, i will not go back into television work as i will soely concentrate on NCFC. Is she now not doing TV work again? I personnally do not feel it is just delia to blame. I will the whole board is responsible, not just one person which is why this protest is in regards to the entire board

3) What do you want to achieve

-To officially let delia MWJ, Mumby, Doncaster, and co that WE are not happy. that in january if funds arnt available or are not going to be made available then they might aswell start actively looking for a buyer now

What do i want.

Our club has the secound best group of fans in the league-                            FACT

We have better fan basses than alot of premier league clubs                           FACT

I want our club to be able to compete at the championship level successfully, and not look as if there is a possibility in this club which we the fans spend so much of our money and time with going into administration or and league 1 and quite simply that is what will happen under the current reigeme. I want our club to be able to compete at the highest level like any fan but imo we deserve to, not just cause ''we are to bigger a club'' but because of our fantastic fans, our astounding history and so my kids can see us beat Man U 2-0 again at carrow road, not losing to the likes of doncaster rovers week in week out!

THATS WHY THEESE PROTESTS NEED TO HAPPEN NOW BEFORE THE JANUARY TRANSFERE WINDOW!

any more questions polease ask

Just to confirm

SATURDAY 24TH NOVEMBER

1:30PM RIVERSIDE SWIMMMING POOL

[/quote]

If I didn''t know better I would say that this is a blatant and witless attempt to distract anybody that may wish to join the real protest away to something else that just is not going to happen.... if it is real then where is your evidence?

Archant have had my e:mail calling for a protest for days, yet have still failed to publish it.

No offence smudg mate but thats probably because your a bit of a joke. No offence, honoust. Check the edp today or tommorow you will see that some one like me can get theese things done

[quote user="Canary Ben002"]No offence smudg mate but thats probably because your a bit of a joke. No offence, honoust. Check the edp today or tommorow you will see that some one like me can get theese things done[/quote]

"a bit"... now theres a candidate for understatement of the year... [:)]

Well said Rethinking the future! A post that is well thought out AND makes sense!!!

Couldn''t agree more.

Be prepared to be shot down in flames

I don''t see where in the timescale given where this supposed protest is going to get you, or for that matter what you hope to achieve.  There are presently no investors waiting to buy the club out, and even if an investor appeared in time for the January transfer window, given how long things such as due diligence take, it would be unlikely that it could be concluded pre early January, and thus better to invest what we have in January than not invest as we are in the middle of a takeover.

That basically leaves the reason for your protest that you want the board to spend more money.  I am sure that they are all fully aware of the fact everyone wants them to spend more money, thus other than stamping your feet like little children and having a bit of a tantrum to make yourself feel a bit better it isnt going to get you very far.

May I suggest you put your efforts into getting behind the team and trying to help keep the club up as if we do go down then it is an incredibly long way back.  The club if it finished 4th from bottom in the Championship would also be a much more attractive investment for a big investor than one in financial trouble in Division 1, therefore a little short term support might actually get the result you want in the long term in a change of board.

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

b) we have no one else who wants to buy or invest into the club and if you saw delia a few weeks ago on sky sports news she stated she was interested in selling her shares if the right buyer comes along.

[/quote]

Considering the stringent rules Delia has laid down about the right buyer i''m not surprised noone has stepped forward.  I am less surprised generally that Delia and co have not courted outside investment.  Thats whats known as being cleverer than the rest don''t you know... [:|]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

b) we have no one else who wants to buy or invest into the club and if you saw delia a few weeks ago on sky sports news she stated she was interested in selling her shares if the right buyer comes along.

[/quote]

Considering the stringent rules Delia has laid down about the right buyer i''m not surprised noone has stepped forward.  I am less surprised generally that Delia and co have not courted outside investment.  Thats whats known as being cleverer than the rest don''t you know... [:|]

[/quote]

I''d be interested to see a copy of those rules CJF.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d be interested to see a copy of those rules CJF.

[/quote]Yes could you also pm me those rules please! Thanks!