Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Huckerby's Red Card ???

Can/will we appeal against Huckerby''s red card?  Even Magilton is coming out and saying it wasn''t that bad of a tackle...should have been only a yellow in my opinion.

Or, can we take this opportunity to play a more balanced side without him and see how we perform?

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Can/will we appeal against Huckerby''s red card?  Even Magilton is coming out and saying it wasn''t that bad of a tackle...should have been only a yellow in my opinion.

Or, can we take this opportunity to play a more balanced side without him and see how we perform?

[/quote]

It was a diabolical challenge that  could have been career threatening. Of the three red cards that  the players'' have received this season Huckerby''s was the worst and there is no  way that  he would win an appeal.  

[quote user="Grumpy "]It was a diabolical challenge that  could have been career threatening. Of the three red cards that  the players'' have received this season Huckerby''s was the worst and there is no  way that  he would win an appeal.  

[/quote]

Come off it Grumpy! had the Ippo lad connected with his attempted stamp, Hucks would now need a wheelchair, even the Sky pundits agreed on that!.

Let''s be realistic, it was a stupid challenge from someone who should know better, especially as the game was almost over. It doesn''t matter how many times you see it on a replay, IT WAS A RED CARD. An appeal would be desparate stuff.

It will be interesting to see the player who takes his place will be allowed to continue when Huckerby comes back from suspension.

Whist i agree an appeal is pointless i will defend Hucks in the fact both players had their foot up and could have gone either way, with no intent by either. Even Magilton defends Hucks, so that says something surely.

Dion''s appeal failed and that was just a plain ridiculous sending off. The thing I''m happy is that fool ref (I think it was Singh) keeps ballsing his games up and will probably get sacked. No point appealing, it will just get thrown out.

I didn''t think you could appeal a straight red.

And even if we could, we shouldn''t.  Let him have some time off to work on that injury and sort his head out, maybe to decide if he wants to be here or not.

Both players went in with their foot raised and with studs showing. It was Hucks who made contact so the referee has sent him off. If the Ipswich player had have been quicker to the ball he would have probably caught Hucks first and he would have been sent off. Any appeal would be doomed to failure for the simple reason that by the letter of the law a red card was the correct decision.

They both really should have been sent off. Although Hucks made the contact, the Scum player was looked to be going in first and higher and should have walked for intent:

[IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/ukslim/hucksredcard.jpg[/IMG]

Appalling challenge, could have ended the poor guys career. Bit more strength in the tackle and he would have had a serious injury. It was high and disgusting. You wouldnt have got away with that in the 70s let alone today.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I have looked at it several times and in my book it was a poor challenge, think we just need to accept this one and move on.
[/quote]

Got to go with you there. Very high, not near the ball and in the 94th minute and was therefore completely unnecessary. Shame but he deserved the red.

Pointless trying to appeal that for me. Knowing the FA they would probably deem it to be frivolous and up the ban to 4 games!

[quote user="Slim"]

They both really should have been sent off. Although Hucks made the contact, the Scum player was looked to be going in first and higher and should have walked for intent:

[IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/ukslim/hucksredcard.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]Clearly a defensive tackle from huck, in the first picture his posture is passive in the second you can see its more defensive.Nice post...Regardless though i think an appeal would fall on deaf ears and Roeder prolly doesnt want to appeal and get that sort of attention after his first game.Put it together though....Hucks sent off needlesslyScum score a out of bounds goalBad luckMeaning that by the rules of Karma we got a lot of good heading our way.Dodgey peno tonight vs Watford to give us the win kinda karma  with any luck :) :) :)

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

I didn''t think you could appeal a straight red.

[/quote]

You can, it''s two yellows you can''t appeal.

Even so that challenge can''t really be defended.