Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Celia Sutton

Norwich v Watford match thread

not really a risk, worst case scenario, we''re left short at the back and they get another, better to loose 3-1 and try to get a result, than 2-1 and not take risks.

Oh and scummers are 2-1 down.

Sheff weds 1-0 down, and Crystal Palace are drawing...i think a point would be invaluable...come one City.!!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="canari francais"]The fact is that,if QPR and Cardiff score in the next 45,we''re going to to be so far off safety it''ll take a miracle to survive...even at this stage.[/quote]

Utter crap - how on earth can you write anyone off with 30+ games to go?  The negativity of some people really does defy belief. 

[/quote]

How is it crap, after tonight we are in real trouble, we need two wins on the spin to get out the bottom three, thats easier said than done. i would take 4th from bottom now, thats being realistic not negative.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="canari francais"]The fact is that,if QPR and Cardiff score in the next 45,we''re going to to be so far off safety it''ll take a miracle to survive...even at this stage.[/quote]

Utter crap - how on earth can you write anyone off with 30+ games to go?  The negativity of some people really does defy belief. 

[/quote]

How is it crap, after tonight we are in real trouble, we need two wins on the spin to get out the bottom three, thats easier said than done. i would take 4th from bottom now, thats being realistic not negative.

[/quote]Well we gotta start somewhere, and we were against the top team who have the best Away record in the league.To be fair, we got a goal !Just think, under Grant that coulda be 5-0, so heads up and OTBC !

[quote user="Robert Fleck and a Gambling Debt"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Well we gotta start somewhere, and we were against the top team who have the best Away record in the league.To be fair, we got a goal !Just think, under Grant that coulda be 5-0, so heads up and OTBC ![/quote]... so that''s 3 goals in 48 hours. How does that compare to the previous 48 days?

1-3 watford as i predicted. TBH i can''t see any sunlight until we get in 3 or 4 new exp pro''s. This was poor, very poor, the people of ethiopia would feel rich in the presence of tonights team!! pathetic!!!

[quote user="dugh"]

... so that''s 3 goals in 48 hours. How does that compare to the previous 48 days?[/quote]For real ! Whats that this season ??? 9 in total now ?Well... thats 1 / 3 of our goals under Roeder in the last 48.Complain all you want but for me Im still feeling a damn sight more positive than i was last week.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course it is crap!  We have not even played 1/3 of the season yet, ffs.  I''m far from saying that we are in a good position as that would be plain stupid, the league doesn''t lie - but to suggest that you can''t overturn a 6pt deficit in 31 games is even more stupid (after all, it is a gap that has opened up in just 14 games) - we do not have to do it right now; and can you honestly say you were expecting us to beat the best side in the division tonight, barely 48 hours after they gave their all in a local derby?   Not expecting much, are you!!

As I said, the defeatist attitiude of some defies belief.  It is the coming games that will show us what, if any, progress is being made - not how we fare against the runaway leaders.

Got back from the game. Too be honest Watford were just too good. It was on the cards and even if the players could have a go every weekend we wouldn''t have beat them. A lot of decisions went against us, but that''s the way it goes. The best I could hope for was a goal and the opposition to score less than 3. I''m not happy, but at least I''m not too cheesed off.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course it is crap!  We have not even played 1/3 of the season yet, ffs.  I''m far from saying that we are in a good position as that would be plain stupid, the league doesn''t lie - but to suggest that you can''t overturn a 6pt deficit in 31 games is even more stupid (after all, it is a gap that has opened up in just 14 games) - we do not have to do it right now; and can you honestly say you were expecting us to beat the best side in the division tonight, barely 48 hours after they gave their all in a local derby?   Not expecting much, are you!!

As I said, the defeatist attitiude of some defies belief.  It is the coming games that will show us what, if any, progress is being made - not how we fare against the runaway leaders.

[/quote]

I admire your positivity mate i really do but i am a realist, this squad is nowhere near good enough and we are in trouble yes we have plenty of games left but 50 points seem a long way off, as i have said i would take 4th from bottom right now, i want city to survive, i would love to win every game till the end of the season but it aint going to happen, we need 14 wins just to survive i am sweating on that.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]1-3 watford as i predicted. TBH i can''t see any sunlight until we get in 3 or 4 new exp pro''s. This was poor, very poor, the people of ethiopia would feel rich in the presence of tonights team!! pathetic!!![/quote]

Poor performance but to be fair Watford are the best side in this league (IMO), and they have turned many teams over this season so were not the first nor will we be the last. Disappointing to lose another game but I don''t think you can look into this match too much, although I have no doubt some fans will complain that Roeder isn''t good enough after this one game.