Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

Glenn Blown away by the setup

From the pinkun website:

City use the ProZone performance analysis system, which provides Roeder and his coaching team with up-to-the-minute stats on each player.

“The IT lad Liam gave me a few examples of what we can achieve with ProZone which I knew, but the quality blew me away,” said Roeder, it was so good.

“We can do 10 minutes on the opposition, we can do two hours on the opposition, depending how much depth we want to go into it.

“You can ask me whatever stat you want to know about how far we run, how far they run. I mean, too much for the players, players can''t handle that.  <!!!!>  It''s too much for them, but for us as coaches there isn''t anything we don''t know: how many sprints they did in a game, how much walking they did, everything. There is no hiding place any more, because if they disagree we can say, ''come in here, we''ll show you, you spent 85 minutes walking''.”

<which begs the question: Did Duffy/Grant/Worthy ever use this system (or just the IT lad)- and did the players ever take note of the evidence?>

Yes, I think Grant did use this - how many times did he say he''d given the players all the info on the opposition - I think he even admitted he gave them ''too much'' after one game and over-complicated it.

Glenn sums it up: "I mean, [it''s] too much for the players, players can''t handle that. It''s too much for them"