Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Grumpy Old Men, Wind-Up Merchants, Who cares ?

The Pinkun forum - where grumpy old men and wind-up merchants matter more than football ?From page 1 of this forum :    The mysterious disappearance of cluck - 67 replies, 2,200 views.    Poor old Smudger - 34 Replies, 1,338 views    SMUDGER, CLUCK, WHITTLE, RICKY, TWO SHEDS AND THE REST. - 61 replies, 2,006 Views    Was Arther Whittle bullied as a child???? - 3 Replies, 217 viewsMeanwhile, a whole bunch of interesting football related threads slide off page 1 to make room for schoolyard banter and badinage.Am I the only one around here who doesn''t give a flying monkeys what copy-and-paste pessimists think ?Oh, and I am aware of the irony of creating another thread to point this out, so - Please don''t reply to this thread.  It will only serve to clog up the forum even more.

I am totally with you Blah.  The posters you mention are pure idiots.  I am adopting a personal policy of now ignoring them all.  Football must come first!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The Pinkun forum - where grumpy old men and wind-up merchants matter more than football ?

From page 1 of this forum :

The mysterious disappearance of cluck - 67 replies, 2,200 views.

Poor old Smudger - 34 Replies, 1,338 views

SMUDGER, CLUCK, WHITTLE, RICKY, TWO SHEDS AND THE REST. - 61 replies, 2,006 Views

Was Arther Whittle bullied as a child???? - 3 Replies, 217 views

Meanwhile, a whole bunch of interesting football related threads slide off page 1 to make room for schoolyard banter and badinage.

Am I the only one around here who doesn''t give a flying monkeys what copy-and-paste pessimists think ?

Oh, and I am aware of the irony of creating another thread to point this out, so -

Please don''t reply to this thread.  It will only serve to clog up the forum even more.

[/quote]

OK JC show me where i have said anything idiotic or untrue, i said Grant was wrong appointment, proved right, i said we would struggle this season, proved right, i said lack of ambition would be our downfall, so far right, i said, Brown and Dave were not good enough and would struggle for goals, right or wrong?. I have said we need new investment and Delia and Co are past their sell by date, put up an argument, more people have the same belief now. i have also said on many occassions i would love to be wrong in spite of my fears.

I also now say, on reflection i think Roeder could do a good job for us, i have more faith in him than Grant, thats just an opinion not an idiotic statement. So JC do your homework before you use your keyboard.

I have a lot of respect for your opinions Ricky - we don''t agree on everything but I certainly don''t regard what you say as idiotic or untrue. On the original point Blahx3, I think it is a similar phenomenon which makes programs like Wife Swap so popular - conflict and antagonism are, by their nature, very entertaining and almost impossible to resist - particularly if you''re trying to pass time and relieve the boredom of an office job.

[quote user="Mr Gradgrind"]

I agree. Its boring too.  I want to read message boards about football and the club, not about a bunch of sad fans whove lost the plot.

[/quote]

Nobody forces you or anyone to read a paticular post. If i see a post that looks boring or i dont fancy reading,i just scroll on by!

I wish people would back up these statements with some facts and tell us all about these idiotic posts, maybe its a case of truth hurting when people have been in denial.

[quote user="JC"]

I am totally with you Blah.  The posters you mention are pure idiots.  I am adopting a personal policy of now ignoring them all.  Football must come first!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The Pinkun forum - where grumpy old men and wind-up merchants matter more than football ?

SMUDGER, CLUCK, WHITTLE, RICKY, TWO SHEDS AND THE REST. - 61 replies, 2,006 Views

Meanwhile, a whole bunch of interesting football related threads slide off page 1 to make room for schoolyard banter and badinage.

Am I the only one around here who doesn''t give a flying monkeys what copy-and-paste pessimists think ?

Oh, and I am aware of the irony of creating another thread to point this out, so -

Please don''t reply to this thread.  It will only serve to clog up the forum even more.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well JC im glad you are ignoring me. Idiots? takes one to know one and all that. Whhat idiot started a thread was Arthur Whittle bullied as a child?

[/quote]

Who cares indeed....sadly you do.

I don''t think (infact I''m certain) I''ve ever bothered to start a thread about other posters like you lot regularly do....so who actually has the problem?

Self righteous control freaks the lot of you......Baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on JC enlighten me to these posts that make us idiots? It seems that if you don''t like an opinion you revert to name calling. I think i can say that this board is about all things NCFC and i use it as a tool to vent my anger and opinion on all things NCFC and that includes the running of the club,i also do the same through local media and e-mails/letters to the club. If you don''t like it ignore it but it seems that you are the one that constantly rise to arguments when you say you don''t. The only thing i agree with is when you say football must come first, hence my strong views on the lack of ambition with our board. A little silly slagging us off for being peed off with the board for lacking investment on the pitch and than use it as your final quote!

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on JC enlighten me to these posts that make us idiots? It seems that if you don''t like an opinion you revert to name calling. I think i can say that this board is about all things NCFC and i use it as a tool to vent my anger and opinion on all things NCFC and that includes the running of the club,i also do the same through local media and e-mails/letters to the club. If you don''t like it ignore it but it seems that you are the one that constantly rise to arguments when you say you don''t. The only thing i agree with is when you say football must come first, hence my strong views on the lack of ambition with our board. A little silly slagging us off for being peed off with the board for lacking investment on the pitch and than use it as your final quote!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well JC im glad you are ignoring me. Idiots? takes one to know one and all that. Whhat idiot started a thread was Arthur Whittle bullied as a child?

[/quote]

I did Arthur because you are always moaning.

I don''t think the original post was necessarily an attack on some the more pessimistic posters on here i think it was more of an attack on the people who start posts against you!!  I personally am getting bored of seeing people post posts with titles that include the names of others on here!!If people have a difference of opinion during a thread then fair enough but why try to start personal arguments with the title of your post?!?!Indeed over the last couple of weeks i think Wiz and Ricky have been pretty balanced in what they''ve said (others no names mentioned) continue to be over negative!Perhaps the mod''s should only allow Original Posts with footie related titles???

Constant moaning without reason or fact to support it is boring and destructive.

But for me it has to be the copy and paster’s you refer to that are the biggest waste of our time.

Same people week in week out posting news that we can get from other sources without even giving a decent reason or comment as to why.

Reason and rational is what this forum should be built on. As long as somebody has that in their post whether I agree or not I for one welcome it.

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Mr Gradgrind"]

I agree. Its boring too.  I want to read message boards about football and the club, not about a bunch of sad fans whove lost the plot.

[/quote]

Nobody forces you or anyone to read a paticular post. If i see a post that looks boring or i dont fancy reading,i just scroll on by!

[/quote]

Bingo - if you don''t like something ignore it.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arfur ...    chill out man.

You of all supporters have surely been round the block enough regarding all things NCFC to not be wound up by a bit of banter [:D]

This is a reply to McD''s Perm, but I keep getting "non-matching quote blocks" - Mods why is this?

Totally agree with this one; which reminded me, anybody watching " The Life & Times of Vivienne Vyle"? Brilliant satire on crud daytime TV - & last week she was at a footie match, complaining that " if that bloody cook can have a club then why can''t I!" (or words to that effect).

[quote user="ron obvious"]

This is a reply to McD''s Perm, but I keep getting "non-matching quote blocks" - Mods why is this?

[/quote]

Try taking any punctuation marks out of the user you are quoting:

(quote user="remove punctuation marks here")

TO be honest I did not even see your name in there, I was referring to, well you all know the trio of doom.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

OK JC show me where i have said anything idiotic or untrue, i said Grant was wrong appointment, proved right, i said we would struggle this season, proved right, i said lack of ambition would be our downfall, so far right, i said, Brown and Dave were not good enough and would struggle for goals, right or wrong?. I have said we need new investment and Delia and Co are past their sell by date, put up an argument, more people have the same belief now. i have also said on many occassions i would love to be wrong in spite of my fears.

I also now say, on reflection i think Roeder could do a good job for us, i have more faith in him than Grant, thats just an opinion not an idiotic statement. So JC do your homework before you use your keyboard.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

TO be honest I did not even see your name in there, I was referring to, well you all know the trio of doom.

[/quote][/quote]

ok no probs.

[quote user="Vern "][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did Arthur because you are always moaning.

[/quote]

Then grow up!

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote][/quote]

Are you going to answer my question then?

Come on - have a look at the message bored - there''s nothing but this cluck, smudger stuff.  Any interesting threads disappear off the front page rapidly.  There you go I''m at it now.

[quote user="Mr Gradgrind"]Come on - have a look at the message bored - there''s nothing but this cluck, smudger stuff.  Any interesting threads disappear off the front page rapidly.  There you go I''m at it now.[/quote]

Thats down tto the moderators surely?

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

JC I totally agree FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST