Sign in to follow this  
Stella Canary

Hartson.....

..... anyone else notice he had no interest in playing last night, what a waste of fat space.   End of loan can''t come too soon, I say we send him back now even if we have to spen wages on him while he''s back at West Brom - it''s in our best interests not to have him on the pitch.

Other than that we were beaten by a better team and some poor defending.

I watched in amazment last night, as i saw the most out of shape player i had seen in all my years of watching football. I saw the game against Ipswich on TV Sunday, as i couldnt get to the game and thought he did ok. He had the ball played to his feet all the time on Sunday and had space, but last night against a quality team it really proved he is over unless he does something radical to his fitness.

Hartson must be at least 16 and a half stone, which even limits his aerial threat as he cant jump high enough. Taylor and Shax were 10 yards higher up the pitch after clearing a corner and poor Jamie Cureton could not stand a chance by himself against the mountain of their centre half.

I ask you lot, did Hartson play his last game last night? Our Yarmouth and Lowestoft lads would of had no problem with him last night, and im not a fast sprinter but i could easily beat Hartson.

Hartson two stone lighter and fitter would do a good job in this league, but does he want it? All i can hope is that the younger players on the pitch took a look at him last night and thought to themselves i will never allow myself to get like him.

Will Roeder give him a chance to improve his fitness or is it all over for the pie man?

He played well against Bristol City for the first 10 mins then he was useless.  He was ok on sunday but only for 20, 25 mins.  We dont have the luxury of letting players perform for this little amount of time.  He is unfit and no amount of games or time is going to solve that.  

Another case of fans letting their expectations drop to an unacceptable level im afraid.

[quote user="Stella Canary"]

..... anyone else notice he had no interest in playing last night, what a waste of fat space.   End of loan can''t come too soon, I say we send him back now even if we have to spen wages on him while he''s back at West Brom - it''s in our best interests not to have him on the pitch.

Other than that we were beaten by a better team and some poor defending.

[/quote]Worse performance i have seen in 30years,No effort,no desire and his fitness is a joke.We had no support up front when we got breaks cos he was stuck on the half way line.If john hartson is the answer to our problems we are doomed.He honestly wouldn''t get a game for norwich utd

Think his original 1 months loan ( arrived 12/10) expires after the Plymouth game so will be interesting to see if Roeder takes up the option to extend it.

Starting him in a match is probably expecting a bit too much for him at the moment, if he can get fit though he has the brain to be useful to us as an impact player.  If we can get fitter players in with the same understanding of the game, then great.

How you can defend him after last night''s performance is beyond me.

He''s an embarrassment to professional footballers everywhere. He can''t run. He didn''t win headers. He didn''t ''hold the ball up'' and do all the things people praise him for.

We effectively played with 10 men for 55 minutes.

He is a digrace to professional football. I have never seen such an out of shape lard in a football team. Even pub players are fitter than him. He is a joke and i hope that any young player watchin him last night, looked and though i will never allow myself to get like him.

Sorry John, but you need to leave. If he lost two or three stone i would love to have him here, but a 16 stone al Murray up front makes him a right laugh.

Our defense were higher up at times. I dont feel sorry for him. Even though he wasnt getttin in the team at West Brom he is still under contract and should still take it upon himself to stay fit. There are such things as gyms.

We looked alot better once he left the pitch.

As a season ticket holder, I''ve seen him at all the home games he''s been involved in. Total waste of space and money!! Last night was the worst, we were playing with ten men.Accepting he is overweight and unfit, but he just looked completely uninterested and could not be bothered to make the slightest effort.  Please send him back now and lets not waste anymore money on him!