Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Send Mr Blobby and the schoolboy back

For me John Hartson to me was one one of the very worst performances I have seen in about 500 Norwich games, he failed to win anything in the air or on the floor, he gave up on anything more than 3 yards away from him and he was nearly always in our half when the ball broke up field.  We looked clumsy, predictable and toothless when he was on the field.

Smith was almost as bad, lightweight, uncommitted and generally rubbish, hjs body language was terrible and what''s more Cureton was in the right channel where Smith was supposed to half the match, hardly his best position

What is wrong with Croft and Stravikha/Martin starting, they are not only our players but a hell of a lot better.

Terminate Hartson''s loan now and drop Smith to the Bench

Get Hartson fit and I think we can get something out of him, I agree with Smith though.. he just looks like Bentley mark 2 without the tallent.

Agreed that Hartson was woeful last night,  but he has had a couple of good halfs - bizarrely zipper junior and I had a couple of minutes in bloby talk while the squad were warming up.

Smith the jury is still out on - he clearly cannot play wide right and spent last season having an impact (he and Camp saved them from relegation apparently) when used as a central midfielder - an impressive thing for any teenager to do.   His positioning last night confirmed that is where he wants to play;  and that for me was the sub call to make,  croft on not for smith but for either of the ineffective russel or brellier and move smith in the middle and try and getr some creativity through the middle;  we had lost teh attritional war hands down so why not try and use theball well once in a while when we did eventually get it.

That would be the Jimmy Smith who made his first start in several months would it?  The Jimmy Smith who is an attacking central midfielder, not a winger.  You mean that Jimmy Smith who did not play well last night do you?

GET REAL!

[quote user="jamesg"]

For me John Hartson to me was one one of the very worst performances I have seen in about 500 Norwich games, he failed to win anything in the air or on the floor, he gave up on anything more than 3 yards away from him and he was nearly always in our half when the ball broke up field.  We looked clumsy, predictable and toothless when he was on the field.

Smith was almost as bad, lightweight, uncommitted and generally rubbish, hjs body language was terrible and what''s more Cureton was in the right channel where Smith was supposed to half the match, hardly his best position

What is wrong with Croft and Stravikha/Martin starting, they are not only our players but a hell of a lot better.

Terminate Hartson''s loan now and drop Smith to the Bench

[/quote]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Agreed that Hartson was woeful last night,  but he has had a couple of good halfs - bizarrely zipper junior and I had a couple of minutes in bloby talk while the squad were warming up.

Smith the jury is still out on - he clearly cannot play wide right and spent last season having an impact (he and Camp saved them from relegation apparently) when used as a central midfielder - an impressive thing for any teenager to do.   His positioning last night confirmed that is where he wants to play;  and that for me was the sub call to make,  croft on not for smith but for either of the ineffective russel or brellier and move smith in the middle and try and getr some creativity through the middle;  we had lost teh attritional war hands down so why not try and use theball well once in a while when we did eventually get it.

[/quote]

"a couple of good halfs "?  Surely you mean minutes not matches..

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

"a couple of good halfs "?  Surely you mean minutes not matches..

[/quote]

Looked like several good pints to me!

one hartson one more than brwon has forever, he didnt win every header, he misstimed a few, but he wasnt that bad u idiotand smith in a central player, not a winger so actually go to the games and dont loook at players from 1 game, noob