Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

NEW CENTRAL MIDFIELD PLEASE...

Glen if you can do anything please sort out our midfield.

I really don''t rate Brieller or Russell, if we can get a good midfield partnership going in it would make such a difference.

Cureton is getting no supply at all! The balls that he is receiving are poor or late causing him to be off-side all the bloody time!

I know we have conceeded 5 in 2 games but I don''t think our biggest concern is defence.

With Huckerby, Croft & Otsemobor we have the pace on the wings.

But in the center on the field we have nothing...

Yes I fully agree. I dont care what people say about his attitude - Safri was a key part of our midfield and was a good reader of the game and top distributor - it is all thanks to the dearly departed Scottish clown that he is not around today and we are now in the dire mess in the middle of the park. We have a ball winner in Russell now we need a playmaker to make things happen with some creativity. Glen needs to move fast to save us from the dogs - 1 creative midfielder, a new left & right back and another central defender- the goals will start to flow with existing strikers once things are fixed elsewhere.

The problem is not both of them it is that they are two similar to play together.  They are both scrappers and short passers lacking vision.  Play one with Jimmy Smith or Chadwick in the middle fine, but as you saw last night, together they give us little going forward.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

Glen if you can do anything please sort out our midfield.

I really don''t rate Brieller or Russell, if we can get a good midfield partnership going in it would make such a difference.

Cureton is getting no supply at all! The balls that he is receiving are poor or late causing him to be off-side all the bloody time!

I know we have conceeded 5 in 2 games but I don''t think our biggest concern is defence.

With Huckerby, Croft & Otsemobor we have the pace on the wings.

But in the center on the field we have nothing...

[/quote]

I couldnt agree more, having watched last night it only backed up what I was I thinking all along, Russell is exactly the same player who left for Stoke 4/5 seasons ago, and he just offers very little other than work rate. Brieller is again very poor, and what suprised me more than anything last night was how poor the players touches were!!!. Chadwick for me given time and a run in the team could be a big player for us, he ran his socks off last night and was unlucky with one or two passes that could have made a difference. I have to say that I saw absoultly nothing in the boy Smith, who looked slow, and light weight, having said that I guess he''s recovering from a spell on the side lines.

We need a creative midfielder to play alongside maybe one of the other two, and I''m sure a man of Glenns experience would have seen that in the two games he''s had. But I''m sure we will be out of the bottom three by Christmas.

WE NEED TO GET A CENTRE MID BECAUSE WE PLAY TWO DEF MID

IT NEED SORTIN OUT

ANY TEAMS WHO CAN GIVE US CM TO REPLACE SAFI ??

GET US UP THE LEAGUE!!!!

Painfully, the fact is we still miss, and never replaced Safri.

He WAS the midfield in our team, and without him we just cope with two faries being honest.Safri added leadership in the middle, and he dictated the match in the games he played well in, he also wasn''t afraid to shoot from range which is still something we lack to date.

Bring in a leading Midfielder please Glenn!

wake up both brellier and rusty have been fantastic the last 2 games, it was our defence lappin/shackle who are the weak links!  we did not lose last night because of the midfield it was defence that cost us the game. but i have been pleased with what i have seen the last 2 games,and against 2 good teams! play with the same desire against plymouth and we will win!!!!!!!

GLEN ROEDERS GREEN YELLOW ARMY!!!!!!!!!!

You have to accept that Russell has played very well in the last 3 games I''ve seen him play. The Anglian MOM for the derby was more than justified.

What he does will never be pretty or spectacular but he gets the horrible bits of the job done, which people like Etuhu and Hughes could never be bothered to do. Russell needs a clearer defined role - either to stay back in defensive midfield or to push up and leave someone behind. Brellier doesn''t look up the task at the moment so a replacement (ideally in the Frank Lampard mould) is needed

I agree with virtually all comments. A good strong midfield helps both the defence and the attack. Russell has unquestionably been one of our best players of late - but that says it all doesn''t it? Can''t fault his work rate and he makes a real nuisance of himself - but he creates very little. For me, our once strong and creative midfield never recovered from the departure of Damien Francis (now at Watford) - or rather, his facial injury in the Premiership (remember that mask?). Safri was the nearest we got to a replacement (did Mr Grant understand the purpose of management?) and our present creative midfield is surely as low as it''s ever been. Etuhu got stick but for me he could sleepwalk into our present team.

Oh and let''s not forget Worthington''s failings: Matt Jackson, Edworthy and Stein Nedergaard - all released too soon.

Last night the touches and composure of Taylor stood out above everyone else.  A few more like him in the team and we could surely start to hold our own. If not, the prospect is bleak. As for Huckerby''s absence, surely those who question whether he should automaticaly be chosen for the team now have their answer? Cureton is an out and out striker - not a provider. Stay fit Hucks.

This is not a recent problem...................it began many, many months ago when Francis departed. Here was a man who ran from one end of the park to the other, scored goals and tackled too. A bit of creativity and thought from Mullers and hard running from Gary Holt thrown in and we were a force to be reckoned with. Since then we have had two "we''ll play if we feel like it" players in Safri and Etuhu and now two defensive midfielders with little or no creativity. This is why we are in such a mess - no Koumas, no Greening, no midfield general who bosses games. No proper service to the wings or to the front men from players who understand how to pass the ball.

Sure Roeder with his knowledge and experience knows this and will sort it............................

[quote user="joshgreen"]

WE NEED TO GET A CENTRE MID BECAUSE WE PLAY TWO DEF MID

IT NEED SORTIN OUT

ANY TEAMS WHO CAN GIVE US CM TO REPLACE SAFI ??

GET US UP THE LEAGUE!!!!

[/quote]safri was a DMand breillier is a lot better at wining the ball