Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Some people need a reality check

Was tuesday that bad? It was certainly 10 times better than the tripe served up vs Scunthorpe, Bristol, Wolves, Charlton...the list is endless.

It was one of them games when we really have to say ''fair play to them, they played well and are going up''. They were well organised and passed the ball well.

We won''t get relegated on the back of these results. Coming up we have Plymouth, Coventry, Blackpool, Stoke, and Plymouth again: these are the matches which will make or break our season. These are the matches where we need to pick up points.

The signs are good, in the last 2 matches I''ve seen enough to convince me that we can not only stay up, but push up to mid-table. In saying that though, I had also seen enough in the 10 matches up until sunday to convince me that we are going down!

We will see if we''ve turned the corner on saturday and in the following few games. Whatever happens though, we need to support Roeder and the side through thick ''n thin: ''cos we ain''t getting out of this without a fight.

OTBC

I agree VOTTA, we certainly weren''t good overall last night but I honestly don''t think we were as poor as other people think we were. Some people just absolutely refuse to give credit to the other team when it''s due and the Hornets certainly deserved credit because of being well organised, solid at the back, using the ball well and being clinical when it mattered. After getting well beaten at home on Saturday by WBA, that response was the sort of response that a genuine title contending team should give.

The signs are still good in my opinion and, over the course of the next 30+ games Glenn Roeder and Lee Clark definitely have my backing!!

While the next 5 games look easier on paper most of the teams coming up are all in fairly decent form, Coventry are on a bit of a roll and Blackpool gave Barnsley a run for their money even when they were down to 10 men the other night. Stoke have some decent players and are no easy meat and Plymouth are also doing ok and it is never an easy place to go and get a result. Roeder has definitely improved things but there is only so much he can do with the players at his disposal, 3 or 4 new players will be needed if we are to have any hope of getting a reasonable haul of points from these games.

So who are we going to beat , we need around 42 points and thats to maybe scrape out of the drop zone , mid table no hope whatsoever . Around 33 points to stay up then 9 or 10 wins a draw here and there , not going to be easy is it a quarter of the season gone already and just 2 wins on the board .

Agree exactly with this post.. Some people on here need to gain some perspective and to me we didnt play bad at all.. In fact the best all season except the Ipswich game.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism. And you''re right, it''s against the mid and lower league table sides that we have to pick up wins against.

I felt the most obvious difference between the two sides last night was that Watford simply worked harder. When Norwich had that good spell in the 2nd half Watford actually looked fairly weak when put under pressure. Just a shame we didn''t have more of a cutting edge in attack (maybe if Hucks was fit) then we may have snatched a point.

totaly agree the last 2 games have been a vast improvement on the games before.and against lesser teams then watford we would have won. the signs look good,and your right the games that count are the games against teams in the lower part of the table.  the good times are coming back!!!!!!!!